• Saturday, December 14, 2019

ASEAN-India to boost military ties, cooperation in maritime security

Discussion in 'World Affairs' started by Korean, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Korean

Korean BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,881 / -0
    ASEAN-India to boost military ties, cooperation in maritime security | Kyodo News

South China Sea is India's business now. The South China Sea's getting crowded, and China brought this upon itself with bully acts.

2. Korean

Korean BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,881 / -0
    Singapore wants India to play larger role in broader ASEAN region - Channel NewsAsia

Contrary to ahfatzia the mainland immigrant's wishes, Singapore is an anti-China country which is dragging the US, Australia, and even India to the region as counterweights to China's security threats.

3. ahfatzia

ahfatzia SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,886 / -0

What you expect Dr Ng to say considering we have training arrangement with India. Indians are not stupid they wouldn't fight somebody's war and will not come to roil these muddy water unless there's big benefits for them. There's nothing here for them except those money losing oil/gas ventures.

BTW I have never been in the mainland, try again.

4. Korean

Korean BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,881 / -0
    So you don't deny being a mainlander. Thanks for your admission.

5. beijingwalker

beijingwalker ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +13 / 43,301 / -8
    China
    a Korean speak for Singaporeans,lol,how hilarious..

6. Korean

Korean BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,881 / -0
    Since there is no Singaporean here, I am repeating the well known position of Singapore on the security position.

7. ahfatzia

ahfatzia SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,886 / -0

In certain aspect I'm a mainlander even though I have never, as much as I like to, set foot in there. My great great grandfather came from a tiny village called Shenzhen when he was a teenager.

8. beijingwalker

Ratings:
    +13 / 43,301 / -8
    China
    Maybe Koreans believe that next Singapore leader will be a Korean.

9. Korean

Korean BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,881 / -0
    Well, you clearly do have the mind and soul of a mainlander, as Singaporean Chinese who were living there for generations dislike China and is pro-West on national security.

You won't find many Singaporean citizens defending China in Singapore.

10. beijingwalker

Ratings:
    +13 / 43,301 / -8
    China
    When I was in the States my roommate is from Singapore,He is everything like a Chinese,we talked about Chinese movies,TV shows,singers ,actors...we celebrate every single same Chinese festival and he trid to teach me some Fujianese,but I gave up cause it is difficult,he told me many many Singaporeans speak Fujian dialect at home.

11. ahfatzia

ahfatzia SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,886 / -0

Your spinning is rather abysmal this time. It's true there are not many oversea Chinese are supporters of CCP, however this view is also changing because of the party's professionalism in handling the economy, but most are die hard nationalists of Chinese people. Regimes come and go but there's only one China for all Chinese people.

12. beijingwalker

Ratings:
    +13 / 43,301 / -8
    China
    Singapore PM Lee Hsien Loong claims Singapore is a Confucian society, not a democracy.
    Friday, April 16, 2010

13. Type 055

Type 055 BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 142 / -0
    Indian military is a rag tag joke that won't ever get involved in any military confrontation with the PLA. The Indians are still mentally and psychologically scarred from the humiliating thumping of 1962. They don't have the guts to EVER mess with China. China is becoming very dominant in the SCS. Chinese oil & gas companies are drilling for oil with advanced domestic technologies like the deep water oil rig 981 which allows it to drill nearly all of the SCS. Not only that but the Chinese marine industry is taking off rapidly to explore for oil, gas and other resources in the SCS. Chinese fishing vessels are increasing in numbers and is fishing all over the SCS. Chinese shipyards are building the latest marine surveillance ships and is being rapidly deployed in the SCS to protect the fishing vessels and anyone exploring resources illegally. Finally the Chinese military is building the type 056 corvette to provide coastal military support to marine surveillance ships. There are rumours that over 30 type 056 could be build to protect Chinese interests in the SCS.

So anyone thinking they will have an easy time in the SCS, they are in for a rude shock. The Chinese leaders see the SCS as China's pond. And China has the capability to protect the SCS in many different ways as I have said. China has made it a priority to protect the SCS. Any country that wants to take on the PLA in its own back yard, they are in for a very hard time. China has the military industrial complex, ship industry and marine industry to fully protect the SCS. Give it 5 more years, and the SCS will be a Chinese pond.

14. 3Idiots

3Idiots FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 439 / -0
    oh yeah, the people's "liberation" army ... which failed to liberate china from japan.

it was not the "liberation" army which liberated china .. but the lowly rag tag joke which was USAF and USN which did the lowly job for the "liberation" army.

meanwhile, the "liberation" army ran off on a "long march".

If we should be "mentally" and "psychologically" scarred for a border conflict in remote unmanned border posts .... you should paint your face black and dance like an owl, given the scale at which the japs pulled out the kidneys and arteries of china one by one.

I admit, your posts do support that you have indeed crossed the lines of sanity.

boy.. if you really want to put up a challenge.. say, "you can't fish in yangtze kiang" and then we will think.

15. Type 055

Type 055 BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 142 / -0
    You clearly have never heard of the PLA involvement in the victory over the Japs. It was all due to the PLA. The Americans did nothing, they sent engineers. The sacrifices were made by the PLA. The KMT was getting its arse kicked by the Japs. You wouldn't understand these things as your regime only allows anti-Chinese propaganda to be spewed by your media. The PLA has fought and won against the Japanese, US, India, soviets, Vietnam. What has India ever won? You even lost to Pakistan 3 times.