• Sunday, December 15, 2019

Army denies arresting notorious cultist Bobrisky

Discussion in 'Middle East & Africa' started by WebMaster, Oct 10, 2019.

1. WebMaster

WebMaster ADMINISTRATOR

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,267 / -0
    Pakistan
    • The Nigerian Army has denied arresting a suspected notorious cult leader, popularly known as Bobrisky, in Rivers state
    • The deputy director, Army public relations, 6 Division, Colonel Aminu Illiyasu, stated that neither Bobrisky, nor any other cultist was arrested
    • Illiyasu stated that if the 6 Division of the Nigerian Army was involved, he wouldn’t have waited before passing the information across

Source - Legit.ng

Reports that soldiers arrested a suspected notorious cult leader, popularly known as Bobrisky, in Gokana local government area of Rivers state, have been denied by the Nigerian Army.

While addressing leaders of Rumuolumeni community at the Rivers State Government House on Friday, August 9, Governor Nyesom Wike had announced that the notorious suspected cultist had been arrested.

Leadership, however, reports that the deputy director, Army public relations, 6 Division, Colonel Aminu Illiyasu, stated that neither Bobrisky, nor any other cultist was arrested in Gokana LGA by soldiers.

Legit.ng gathers that he said: “We don’t know what they are talking about. If such thing has happened, I would have been the first to inform you.

“When we got Don Wanny, I sent you pictures and the statement as early as 4am in the morning, because I couldn’t get all of you to come and take pictures yourself.

“When we got Mene, I sent the statement and pictures to you even before you started calling me. But, the issue of Bobrisky, we don’t know anything about it.

“If the 6 Division of the Nigerian Army was involved, I wouldn’t have waited for you to call before passing the information to you.”

Recall that Legit.ng previously reported that Governor Nyesom Wike confirmed that the Nigerian Army had arrested Bobrisky of Gokana, less than 24 hours after he (Wike) promised a N30 million bounty for the notorious cultist.

Wike promised to redeem his pledge and thanked the Army for the arrest.

He said: “The Army has captured Bobrisky of Gokana. I will pay the bounty that I promised to the Nigerian Army.”

More Rivers State News

2. Maarkhoor

Maarkhoor ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +51 / 23,561 / -7
    Pakistan
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Khafee

Khafee SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +87 / 27,142 / -0
    United Arab Emirates
    Nigeria - What happens when you have oil wealth but no governance.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. V. Makarov

V. Makarov FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2 / 471 / -0
    Pakistan
    These two things usually go in conjunction.

5. Khafee

Khafee SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +87 / 27,142 / -0
    United Arab Emirates
    Plenty of examples that say otherwise.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Angry Easterling

Angry Easterling SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,674 / -10
    Pakistan