• Monday, November 18, 2019

'Anti-Israeli sentiments on rise in US'

Discussion in 'World Affairs' started by lem34, Sep 17, 2011.

1. lem34

lem34 FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 17,740 / -0
    'Anti-Israeli sentiments on rise in US'

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:55PM GMT

Reddit
    Interview with Allen Roland, Online Columnist

Hundreds of Palestinians and human rights activists have held a rally against Israel in New York City, demanding Washington to end its support for the racism regime of Israel.

Press TV has interviewed with Allen Roland, Online Columnist from California, to share his opinion on this issue.

Press TV: The question is where does this leave Washington giving the fact that most world countries have expressed support for an independent Palestine?

Roland: This is a very interesting question. And most of these outbursts are staged. This is really putting Obama on the spite. The United States is facing increasing pressure as the Palestinian's quest for statehood gains support from Turkey. Turkey is a big player here. And we have Egypt, and by closest allies in the region Egypt, Israeli and Turkey. We have got Egypt and Turkey both siding with the Palestinian Authority. So let's put it this way. The game is up. Obama cannot have it both ways here. I am about ready to do a column called “we are all Palestinians”. We also have this week, President Carter saying that it is time. It is time the Palestinians to be seen as a state. And the majority of Americans feel exactly the same way, stage rallies which are basically controlled by the administration.

So this is a big, big deal here. We have the Americans, we have the administration being more and more into abide and spend months trying to avoid casting its veto on the Security Council to block membership and Obama cannot have it both ways here. But the problem is Congress. So Congress is definitely siding with the Israelis and ready to basically stop funding for the Palestinians. So Obama vote in the General Assembly will not formally recognize the state of Palestine, it would give the Palestinians rights to observe and summit resolutions and join others in the United Nations' bodies. It could also strengthen their ability to pursue, this is a big thing here, legal cases in the international criminal court, something that alarms Israel and the United States in particular.

Most of the Americans recognize the fact that Palestine is an apartheid state, and illegal occupation and side with the Palestinians. And most of the world knows this too and know that the real reasons for the war on Iraq was actually because of unrest in the Far East and particularly unrest in the way that the Palestinians were being treated by the Israelis. So the game is up. The noose is slowly closing and the Palestinians have every right to demand statehood and take a further step on that process.

Press TV: What do you expect to happen on September the twentieth? Let me put it this way, how do you think Washington is going to react if the General Assembly votes for a Palestinian statehood?

Roland: Well we know this, that they cannot. All they can really get is to become an observer state. They will not be able to vote, but they can become an observer state, somewhat like the Vatican, so a nonvoting observer entity. They are right now an observing entity, they can become an observer state but that is very fact in itself, gives up legitimacy. That is for the Palestinians want, legitimacy. That is exactly what the Israelis do not want. And Obama is not bad. Obama is being controlled by hypocrisy. Congress is totally in bed with AIPAC, the Israeli funding pact. 81 members have just come back from Israel. So I feel this, I think they are going to try to negotiate and see if they can work this off but I do not think it is going to work.

It is going to be on twenty third I believe that Obama makes his presentation at the UN. I think they are going to fall through because this is their moment. They do not want to blow it. This is their moment. They should take it. All types of pressures will be put on them not to do it. But I think they are going to do it, because the time is right. And they have got Turkey at their side and Egypt. And so Obama, we will be seeing if he goes against it, is a hypocrite, very truly is and wants to get us another black mark on this administration.

So I will be writing my “we are all Palestinians” article this weekend because I really feel it is time, I am with Jimmy Carter, it is time. We recognize this apartheid state as a legitimate sate and we start to bang this up. We start putting in a fact, this UN saying it basically will legitimize the Palestinians and this is a black mark on our world right now and we need to do something about it and the Palestinians have their moment. They better not back up, they better take their moment.

2. jha

jha ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 9,325 / -8
    India
    So, Another news to cheer about ..?

3. lem34

lem34 FULL MEMBER

New Recruit

Ratings:
    +0 / 17,740 / -0
    Incredible init