• Saturday, July 4, 2020

Andrew Strauss Credits Muhammad Yousaf’s Post Conversion To Islam Philosophy For His Success

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Shahzaz ud din, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Shahzaz ud din

Shahzaz ud din SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12 / 10,574 / -0
    Pakistan
    Andrew Strauss Credits Muhammad Yousaf’s Post Conversion To Islam Philosophy For His Success
    Muhammad Yousaf had converted to Islam in 2005 along with his wife and kids. Ever since then, he has been a devoted Muslim.
    By Arsalan Khattak On Apr 9, 2020
    [​IMG]

In 2008 the former England captain, Andrew Strauss, was suffering acutely with his batting form. He was on the verge of being dropped for at least a year following disappointing performances.
    However, his 177 runs innings against New Zealand helped him cement his place in the team. During his conversation in a Sky Sports Cricket podcast, Strauss revealed how Muhammad Yousaf’s “what will happen will happen” philosophy gave a new turn to his career.

“I always like to use the example of Mohammad Yousaf. When he was Yousaf Youhana, he was averaging 40 in Test cricket. Then he became a devout Muslim and on the back of that he had this philosophy that God willing, what will happen will happen,” the former England captain said.

Apr 7, 2020
    He continued, “He had a very different outlook on life and he went from averaging 40 over the space of three years to averaging 70 in Test cricket. And that’s just based on shifting his perspective on life. He was almost trying not to be as much in control of his batting as he was previously. Just kind of accepting that fate will have something in store for him. I think that was a really good illustration for me that sometimes you just have to let go.”

Before this, Andrew Strauss also narrated his feelings before going out to bat against New Zealand in the test match where he scored 177 runs.

After playing 50 odd Tests, I was consumed with thinking that I was going to get dropped from the team as I wasn’t playing well. I was struggling so hard with myself and wasn’t scoring many runs,” said Strauss.

“Then it all came to head in Napier in New Zealand. It was pretty clear to everyone that if I didn’t score runs in the second innings, I would be dropped for a long period of time. Having had 12 months worrying and fearing about the humiliation of getting dropped, when that was actually the next thing that was going to happen to me, I just let go all my feelings,” he added.

“I was thinking that if this is my last innings for England then I am just going to go out and enjoy it and almost treat it like my debut. My debut was a step into the unknown for me much like this one and so what will happen, will happen. I thought I am not in control of this, God is in control and amazingly with that mindset I went out and got 177,” Strauss concluded.

Muhammad Yousaf had converted to Islam in 2005 along with his wife and kids. Ever since then, he has been a devoted Muslim.

What are your views on this? Share in the comments bar below.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. masterchief_mirza

masterchief_mirza SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12 / 11,358 / -1
    Pakistan
    So....luck.

3. Clutch

Clutch ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 13,154 / -2
    Cricket is trivial?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. IMARV

IMARV FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 280 / -0
    India
    To believe in "what will happen will happen" philosophy is and nothing to do with any religion. One should not undermine religion by seeking validations on such trivial things.

5. Clutch

Clutch ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 13,154 / -2
    What is trivial?

6. Juggernaut_Flat_Plane_V8

Juggernaut_Flat_Plane_V8 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 2,323 / -12
    India
    Brilliant...Somethings you have to accept..a Man can completely change himself when he wholeheartedly gives over to a certain conviction

7. The Accountant

The Accountant SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17 / 6,960 / -0
    Pakistan
    The guy is speaking about his feelings and thinking. Who are you to decide about his feelings ?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. IMARV

IMARV FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 280 / -0
    India
    I didn't decide for him, just commented on his this decision of assigning attributes to specific religions.

Just like you did, on my feelings.

9. The Accountant

Ratings:
    +17 / 6,960 / -0
    Pakistan
    Your hate about Islam does not change the fact that Islam teaches humblness and acceptability.

Islam teaches that you should do all the hardwork but for results believe that Allah will give best to u.

For the true believer this gives a lot of inner peace. However, u cannot know as u have never experienced it but here u r commenting on experience and feelings of another person just because u hate islam.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. IMARV

IMARV FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 280 / -0
    India
    Being judgmental is also taught in Islam? Just look at you, infuriated over a small comment, anonymous, over a internet, showing too much of hate yourself. What religion you follow mate? Does that teaches you to keep calm?

I am yet to find a religion which claim "what will happen will NOT happen". Have you ever attended a desi funeral?

11. The Accountant

Ratings:
    +17 / 6,960 / -0
    Pakistan
    Hate. Where did i insult any religion or u or any person?

I am not preeching u anything or not asking u to follow my religion. I am just trying to tell u that andrew is speaking about his feelings and feelings of muhammad yousuf from something that they learned from Islam and they are expressing the same. If you dont agree than its better to keep quite as u are in no capacity to judge whatever they r saying is roght or wrong as u have never met them, know them and have no idea of the experiences theu had.

If u dont believe in religion have any impact on your life then its your own personal view dont try to label it on others feelings.

12. IMARV

IMARV FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 280 / -0
    India
    :)

Just go back in time, think about the mood in which you have written these posts. Why so angry?

13. The Accountant

Ratings:
    +17 / 6,960 / -0
    Pakistan
    Who told u i m angry?

14. IMARV

IMARV FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 280 / -0
    India
    I have no reason not to trust you if you are saying so. Good if you are not.

But don't attach you not getting angry to your religion, people can be as good as they can without having one.

15. jamahir

jamahir ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +22 / 15,845 / -8
    India
    Define "devoted".