What's new

Afghan Taliban release new pictures

Aspen

Sep 18, 2019
Country
Pakistan
If I recall correctly most of these Taliban special forces actually are from Pakistan ex-fighters from NWFP and recruited directly into Red Brigade of Taliban.

They are not SSG but probably trained by them and just as good.

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
Iran? Highly unlikely. More like Pakistan.
No it's Iran. Times have changed a lot.
be ready pakistanis they are coming for you after conquering Afghanistan
You just made it clear that you have no clue about Afghan Taliban and this entire war.
If I recall correctly most of these Taliban special forces actually are from Pakistan ex-fighters from NWFP and recruited directly into Red Brigade of Taliban.

They are not SSG but probably trained by them and just as good.
Neither they belong to KPK nor they are trained by SSG. They are Afghan Taliban and they are Afghans not Pakistanis. Secondly most of them are being trained by Iranian IRGC and being equipped by Russia.

Sifar zero

Jul 27, 2020
Country
Pakistan

You just made it clear that you have no clue about Afghan Taliban and this entire war.

Neither they belong to KPK nor they are trained by SSG. They are Afghan Taliban and they are Afghans not Pakistanis. Secondly most of them are being trained by Iranian IRGC and being equipped by Russia.
Is there any reliable source about IRGC training them?

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
Is there any reliable source about IRGC training them?
Those who study these matters they know it. For past several years Afghan Taliban are being trained by IRGC. That is exactly why Mullah Mansour was in Iran before he was killed after retuning to Pakistan. And the weapons are now being provided by Russia and many of it comes from Afghan Army who surrender or run away leaving their bases open to Afghan Taliban.

Aspen

Sep 18, 2019
Country
Pakistan

I have no doubt IRGC trained them probably because its their incentive to do so as they have a common enemy with the Taliban and also because they specialize in mountain warfare. But I would not rule out SSG also having trained the Red Brigade alongside IRGC at some point because I think Taliban would want to get an insider view of COIN from a military that has actually trained with US Special Forces. SSG has some of the best counterinsurgency training courtesy of US training SSG (ironic on so many levels that COIN strategy would be taught to insurgents) and also because I doubt it is possible for Taliban to have intelligence and financial links to Pakistan and for SSG to not be in the cards somewhere. The relative success of ambush attacks by the Taliban could definitely be explained by the Taliban reverse learning COIN doctrine from the likes of SSG that trained with US Special Forces and using inside knowledge of weak points to conduct successful ambush attacks against US forces. Using insider knowledge of US strategy is one way for Taliban to turn the tables against the US. IRGC would not have been able to give Taliban that, but SSG could as they have trained with them.

I can specifically think of a few instances where Taliban had got some kind of intelligence tipoff from ISI to try a specific kind of ambush in certain scenarios where it would work best. While ISI would have given Taliban the tipoff, the advice on the type of ambush would have come from SSG. The one that always comes to mind is the Chinook shootdown in 2011, where Taliban lured US forces into a valley with fake intel and had snipers waiting on both sides of the valley. I remember that even then, this style of ambush was very advanced for the time and surprised almost everyone how effective it was. It is still the single deadliest shootdown of US forces in Afghanistan even until today. I think in that case, Pakistan intelligence and SSG did have a deep hand in helping Taliban set up that ambush because it was almost a direct revenge for Abottobad raid.

Last edited:

That Guy

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Mar 29, 2013
Country
Pakistan
Nothing more than propaganda. There is a reason why the taliban don't generally wear uniforms, it's because they're fighting a guerrilla war, not a conventional war.

Trango Towers

ELITE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2016
Country
Pakistan
India please send troops to save the world
Nothing more than propaganda. There is a reason why the taliban don't generally wear uniforms, it's because they're fighting a guerrilla war, not a conventional war.
Have you not noticed....America and nato are defeated and the taliban only have the goons in kabul to fight and those goons are pro India....party time

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom