2nd generation of Afghans and 3rd generations of Bengalis living in Pakistan should be granted Citizenship. Pakistani government should recognize this problem and find a clear solution for it. There needs to be a methodical, gradual, strict and step wise registration and integration process.They usually do its only those with literally no documents and no proof of when they entered the country who cant get citizenship. Still people in that situation could usually bribe their way through the process, I dont think its much different today.
IMHO, government should start the process by allowing online applications for the citizenship process.
- Online application, submit birth certification for applicant (and parents), college, university degree, Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or any paper work from schools for background check process, assets/property paper work.
- Application review process and background check, criminal checks.
- Interview process (pass and fail), specially trained people need to conduct the interviews.
- Issue Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) and 5 years permanent residence card (PRC) and should be given domicile for smaller cities.
- During the 5 years with PRC, if they are not involve in any criminal activity and they are part of TAXNET, they can apply for citizenship.
- Citizenship oath ceremony