What's new

Aamir Khan: The hypocrite?

Chronos

Sep 21, 2013
Country
India
This is what Aamir Khan had to say about the AIB roast.

"I have not seen the entire roast but I have heard about it and I have seen 2-3 clips of it. I was deeply affected by that. I scolded them (Karan and Arjun) and said 'I don't find it funny'. I personally have a problem with it.

"When the roast happened, I happened to be at a place where Karan and Arjun came and told us that we did this roast. I was deeply affected by that. I was most disappointed in what I was hearing. I felt it was a very violent event. Violence is not only physical, it can be verbal and emotional too. When you insult someone, you perpetuate violence,"

Those were Amir's words. Do you know what problem have with that? this

He made a movie called Delhi belly that used vulgar lyrics which he warned against, which is exactly what AIB did.

secondly, he ran into trouble for PK, which was another freedom of speech issue. A conservative Hindu can argue that movie was emotionally violent to his/her beliefs.

He is well within his rights to express his disappointment, but that makes him a hypocrite.

He is being politically correct now, but where was this when he did PK? where was this in Delhi belly?

Can someone correct me on this?

@levina @DRAY @Skull and Bones

Aamir Khan: AIB Roast Wasnt Funny, It was Violent - NDTV Movies

Armstrong

RETIRED TTA
Feb 2, 2012
Country
Pakistan
What the heck are you talking about ? What did he roast ? :unsure:

Chicken roast with baked potatoes and tartar sauce ! :kiss3:

Or something else ? :what:

Levina

BANNED
Sep 16, 2013
Country
India
I support Aamir khan!!
The kind of language used and the actions done by the actors in the video* was vulgar. If they want to show such TV shows then I recommend such shows be telecasted after 11pm at nite. Only adults can watch such shows!!

* One of my friend had sent 2 videos of AIB roast to me.
Let me give you a few examples..
The most common word in the video was L***d.
Ranveer Singh goes on to say " Raghu you and your brother rajiv 're confusing to me at a biological level, because you both look like testicles but behave like a**holes". Now that word is not even allowed on pdf. Lol
Arjun goes on to add " Jab Raghu aur Rajiv paida hue toh duniya me pehli baar ek c***th se do C*****ye nikale".
I can give you even worst examples, but something tells me that this is enough to prove how crude the content was.

And before releasing Delhi Belly, Aamir khan had released an ad which said that some might find the content objectionable and that user's discretion was advised. Anywhich ways the movie got an A certificate. So whats the big deal???
Aamir khan is not a hypocrite!!!

But I wonder why everyone in the media supports shows like AIB roast??? is it because it was produced by Karan Johar and gang???

Last edited:

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Country
India
I have no objection against AIB as I have not seen a single episode of it.

An objection or approval is based on what you saw on the TV. Not without it.

Is your opinions based on what you never saw .. for eg: rapes?

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2011
Country
Pakistan
This is what Aamir Khan had to say about the AIB roast.

"I have not seen the entire roast but I have heard about it and I have seen 2-3 clips of it. I was deeply affected by that. I scolded them (Karan and Arjun) and said 'I don't find it funny'. I personally have a problem with it.

"When the roast happened, I happened to be at a place where Karan and Arjun came and told us that we did this roast. I was deeply affected by that. I was most disappointed in what I was hearing. I felt it was a very violent event. Violence is not only physical, it can be verbal and emotional too. When you insult someone, you perpetuate violence,"

Those were Amir's words. Do you know what problem have with that? this

He made a movie called Delhi belly that used vulgar lyrics which he warned against, which is exactly what AIB did.

secondly, he ran into trouble for PK, which was another freedom of speech issue. A conservative Hindu can argue that movie was emotionally violent to his/her beliefs.

He is well within his rights to express his disappointment, but that makes him a hypocrite.

He is being politically correct now, but where was this when he did PK? where was this in Delhi belly?

Can someone correct me on this?

@levina @DRAY @Skull and Bones

Aamir Khan: AIB Roast Wasnt Funny, It was Violent - NDTV Movies
Vulgar talks about women and things saying related to rape as if they are cool is the first step towards becoming rapists but as many in Indian society have blinded themselves by delusion known as freedom of speech they are not going to listen any more and keep crying when more rapes take place.

Chronos

Sep 21, 2013
Country
India
Vulgar talks about women and things saying related to rape as if they are cool is the first step towards becoming rapists but as many in Indian society have blinded themselves by delusion known as freedom of speech they are not going to listen any more and keep crying when more rapes take place.
I do know one thing.

You just raped logic and common sense with this comment.

I feel dirty

scorpionx

May 12, 2012
Country
India
An objection or approval is based on what you saw on the TV. Not without it.

Is your opinions based on what you never saw .. for eg: rapes?
I heard plenty of controversy over the vulgarity projected in AIB, simply i will ignore it and move on but never force some one else not to watch or enjoy it. If Amir khan finds it objectionable or offensive to his moral/cultural values, he can always decide whether he will to watch it or not.

Ravi, Zarvan was not so wrong this time.
If ppl can talk dirty then they think dirty, thats what my logic tells me.
What people talk in private, they are just doing it on stage.

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Country
India
I heard plenty of controversy over the vulgarity projected in AIB, simply i will ignore it and move on but never force some one else not to watch or enjoy it. If Amir khan finds it objectionable or offensive to his moral/cultural values, he can always decide whether he will to watch it or not.

The simple question is whether you approve or object too much vulgarity on TV, not about walking out, opting out , keeping silence or leaving people to have the choice.

As a responsible citizen of a republic, its desirable to have an opinion whats been broadcast on televisions...

Come on, have an opinion.....:mad:

scorpionx

May 12, 2012
Country
India
The simple question is whether you approve or object too much vulgarity on TV, not about walking out, opting out , keeping silence or leaving people to have the choice.

As a responsible citizen of a republic, its desirable to have an opinion whats been broadcast on televisions...

Come on, have an opinion.....:mad:
Sparky, if Sony can air a kissing scene in a family drama, if movies like Murder, Jism or Ragini MMS can be shown on TV, if government finds no objection in vulgar dances in rural India why should I turn into a moral cop and raise objection against just another show?

Levina

BANNED
Sep 16, 2013
Country
India
What people talk in private, they are just doing it on stage.
You've to see it to believe it!!!
And scorpionx, there's a reason why ppl talk few things in "private", because it is supposed to remain private.
I heard them use the most crude words on that show.

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Country
India
Sparky, if Sony can air a kissing scene in a family drama, if movies like Murder, Jism or Ragini MMS can be shown on TV, if government finds no objection in vulgar dances in rural India why should I turn into a moral cop and raise objection against just another show?

There is a censorship for TVs and Cinemas....where they do the *beep* when bad words uttered....also there is certification for movies which says "adults only".....where as in TV there is no adults only, a kid can watch it too...

A kissing scene is not comparable to 30+ minutes of unadulterated vocal abuses.

scorpionx

May 12, 2012
Country
India
You've to see it to believe it!!!
And scorpionx, there's a reason why ppl talk few things in "private", because it is supposed to remain private.
I heard them use the most crude words on that show.
No. I did not say I don't believe it. I will not object against a show that other people might find funny and enjoy it. I will simply ignore it.
There is a censorship for TVs and Cinemas....where they do the *beep* when bad words uttered....also there is certification for movies which says "adults only".....where as in TV there is no adults only, a kid can watch it too...

A kissing scene is not comparable to 30+ minutes of unadulterated vocal abuses.
You are right. But ten years back, people were not much comfortable with the contents that are quite normal today. So who sets the benchmark? Next time AIB could also pass the moral bar by putting a precautionary sign before they start their show.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom