What's new

3 Jamuna Fertilizer Company officials suspended over embezzlement of 30Crore Taka

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh

3 Jamuna Fertilizer Company officials suspended over embezzlement of 30Crore Taka
Biswajit Deb, Jamalpur
  • Published at 03:42 pm December 3rd, 2021
Jamuna Fertilizr Company Limited

The entrance gate of Jamuna Fertilizer Company Limited Dhaka Tribune

Over 19,000 tons of fertilizer went missing from the factory

The Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation (BCIC) has suspended three officials of Jamuna Fertilizer Company Limited (JFCL) located in Sarishabari upazila of Jamalpur and has decided to take departmental action against them on charges of misappropriating fertilizers worth over Tk30 crore.

The suspended officials are sales manager Waisur Rahman, former general manager Khokon Chandra Das and head chemist Nazrul Islam.

Shah Mohammad Imdadul Haque, chairman of the BCIC, sent the letters of termination to the three on Thursday.

On September 26, the BCIC formed a six-member committee to look into the incident.
To calculate the amount of fertilizer that should be present at the factory, the panel demanded Wasiur Rahman provide a breakdown of the amount of fertilizer stored there on September 29.

The committee discovered that 19,133.13 tons of fertilizer were missing, which amounts to around Tk30.2 crore on the market.

Denying the accusations, one of the accused, Waisur Rahman, said sunlight and rain had damaged a significant amount of fertilizer due to the lack of a storage facility at the factory.
“I will give my statement to the authorities in due time,” he added.

JFCL Managing Director Sudip Majumder said the investigation is in progress, adding that further details will be disclosed later.

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
The committee discovered that 19,133.13 tons of fertilizer were missing, which amounts to around Tk30.2 crore on the market.
It was coal that was sold out by the BAL govt officials and the coal mining stopped for quite a time.

Now it is fertilizer. Why the govt does not sell the factories to private companies? Is it because the BAL idiots get employment there?

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
It was coal that was sold out by the BAL govt officials and the coal mining stopped for quite a time.

Now it is fertilizer. Why the govt does not sell the factories to private companies? Is it because the BAL idiots get employment there?
That is correct, too much union pressure and politically unpopular move to scrap the plant. The other reason is that no one would buy these barely profitable businesses. BMRE would cost too much anyway and it'd be better to import machinery and start a new tech fertilizer plant which is far more efficient. I've heard about this fertilizer plant ever since I was of conscious age. They should've scrapped the machinery, cut their losses and moved on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom