What's new

27 Feb 19: PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace: DG ISPR

PradoTLC

Mar 17, 2007
Country
Pakistan
Just some random thoughts.....

The fighter pilot is the last remaining example on earth of the military gladiator, the individual champion. His is the last remaining chance going back to the days of chivalry, and go one-on-one against an opponent. A fighter pilot may rely on his aircraft performance the way a worrior of old depended on his horse’s abilities, but ultimately, when two pilots oppose each other in approximately comparable aircraft, the outcome is entirely one of courage and skill. In an age where numbers and mass count for everything and the individual for nothing, there is something very attractive about a fighter pilot. A successful one, of course.

The picture can be overdrawn. A fighter pilot squaring off one-on- one would certainly face problems with his officer commanding, because the air force, as any other branch of service, is interested not in heroics and gladiatorial dash, but in winning. And you win best by team work. The Israelis were the first to call themselves the Orange Juice Air Force because there they don’t encourage drinking, bravado, individuality and dash, but a quiet, unspectacular teamwork. The idea is to shoot more of them for each of us. That is the simple equation that governs air warfare.

The interesting thing about PAF and IAF is that each is a microcosm of their societies and their overall military position.

The Pakistan Air Force has always been far smaller than the I.A.F. The ratio has never been as bad as 1953, when India had about ten jet fighter squadrons to one of Pakistan’s but it has never been better than three-to-one. With resources being so tight, the P.A.F. has always striven to get the best return from a small force.

The P. A. F. reached its peak about 1960. It had ten combat squadrons, seven on the F-86 Sabre, two on B- 57 (the American version of the Canberra) and one on the F- 104 Starfighter, and about 160 combat aircraft. The I.A.F. had about 500 aircraft in 25 large squadrons.

The small Pakistani force operates with high efficiency, learning quickly from its American mentors that a small number of highly professional pilots flying standardized aircraft, and backed up with first class maintenance and a well-organized air base system costs less, and is more powerful, than a larger, more disorganized force.

The PAF has much smaller pool of fighter pilots, being a much smaller air force. This may not matter in a short war. In a long war, however, one lives off the fat till new pilots are trained, and as India has ample fat, the advantage is theirs. Admittedly the replacement pilots may not be as good as the first-line ones. But as the best ones disappear, or survive to get better, the not-so-good pilots become adequate in comparison to the PAF, which is also losing its good pilots.

this is from the book " The war that never was" written Ravi Rikye...

Hodor

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
May 31, 2016
Country
Pakistan
Blinders at work.
Could be, wasn't the Heli deep inside IOK? I mean deep enough for a small Jammer like that of DA-20 to jam its radios? I always wanted to know Range and Threat Bubble of DA-20 but can't find it anywhere,so you maybe right..

I don't know what systems DA-20 has,is it capable enough to handle so much aircrafts and some even at long distances?

PanzerKiel

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Dec 5, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Incompetence,bombs fell pretty close to the target,if the elevation settings had been correctly put and weather was clear,many innocent souls would have fallen victim.
So... The bad weather in the end saved ALOT MANY souls...... More in the air (as per Indian PM) than on the ground.

The Accountant

Aug 13, 2016
Country
Pakistan
Incompetence,bombs fell pretty close to the target,if the elevation settings had been correctly put and weather was clear,many innocent souls would have fallen victim.
I dont think its incompetence. I think it was an attempt as cassualities means a full on retaliation by Pakistan.

Remember it was a publicity stunt to win election and it worked very well in india. How did they come up with f16 down idea so quickly ? I think it was always the plan.

Hodor

May 31, 2016
Country
Pakistan
I dont think its incompetence. I think it was an attempt as cassualities means a full on retaliation by Pakistan.

Remember it was a publicity stunt to win election and it worked very well in india. How did they come up with f16 down idea so quickly ? I think it was always the plan.
That's the main reason they got beat..they didn't expect retaliation from us.

Really? You think they expected such level of Retaliation from Pakistan that they preplanned F-16 drama? If that were the case then their pilot wouldn't have been humiliated in front of the whole world.

It was total arrogance by India.Maybe their average pilot isnt stupid but their higher command and likes of Modi took themselves as Gods who could march anytime in Pakistan and drop bombs and that's why they were shown such response by Pakistan,to tell them not to take us lightly.

Also if their intentions were just to deliver a message and not actual casualties then Pakistan wouldn't have retaliated the way they did,PAF and Pakistan clearly new Indians intended to kill those people.

F-16 claim was an opportunity that knocked at their doors,DG ISPR'S tweet being main cause of it imo.

The Accountant

Aug 13, 2016
Country
Pakistan
That's the main reason they got beat..they didn't expect retaliation from us.

Really? You think they expected such level of Retaliation from Pakistan that they preplanned F-16 drama? If that were the case then their pilot wouldn't have been humiliated in front of the whole world.

It was total arrogance by India.Maybe their average pilot isnt stupid but their higher command and likes of Modi took themselves as Gods who could march anytime in Pakistan and drop bombs and that's why they were shown such response by Pakistan,to tell them not to take us lightly.

Also if their intentions were just to deliver a message and not actual casualties then Pakistan wouldn't have retaliated the way they did,PAF and Pakistan clearly new Indians intended to kill those people.

F-16 claim was an opportunity that knocked at their doors,DG ISPR'S tweet being main cause of it imo.
I still think it was marketing stunt and not something tengible. Had these been actual attack it had a potential of conversion into full fledge war

Hodor

May 31, 2016
Country
Pakistan
I still think it was marketing stunt and not something tengible. Had these been actual attack it had a potential of conversion into full fledge war
Pakistan dropped 6 bombs in IOK,shot down 2 war jets and captured one pilot..if that didn't start a war,I wonder what would..

An all out war between India and Pakistan will happen one more time and for the last time maybe..but starting it is not easy.

JNUite

BANNED
Sep 13, 2020
Country
India
Pakistan dropped 6 bombs in IOK,shot down 2 war jets and captured one pilot..if that didn't start a war,I wonder what would..
Bombs dropped fell on empty fields.
One jet shot down after it crossed Pakistani airspace.

But what prevented the war was early release of Abhinandan, I'm sure it was a US/Saudi negotiated release where de-escalation was the most important condition. After that Modi got busy into electioneering campaign tom-tomming Balakot strike.

ziaulislam

ELITE MEMBER
Apr 22, 2010
Country
Pakistan
Bombs dropped fell on empty fields.
One jet shot down after it crossed Pakistani airspace.

But what prevented the war was early release of Abhinandan, I'm sure it was a US/Saudi negotiated release where de-escalation was the most important condition. After that Modi got busy into electioneering campaign tom-tomming Balakot strike.
Nope... What prevented war was india realizing it has alot of short commings

Abhi would have been released anway one POW has no value to us or india

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)