• Tuesday, December 12, 2017

21 years Old Lt Arsalan shaheed's father expired today.

Discussion in 'Social & Current Events' started by Moonlight, Nov 30, 2017.

1. The Eagle

The Eagle MODERATOR

Ratings:
    +77 / 10,886 / -0
    Pakistan
    Huh, people like her get scared even of a tire burst on the road that takes pain killers and sleeping pills for a week or so and visits the doctor due to being stressed and you suggest to send her or etc to front. We don't have any kind of baby sitting or pampers arrangement at front.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. TheLahoriGuy

TheLahoriGuy FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 264 / -0
    Pakistan
    I'm finding it extremely ironic as to the reaction that this woman is getting. 90% of the people here and on social just sit and bash the govt and political parties all day long. Why don't they recieve such an outlash ? Maybe we should appoint them as our leaders instead so they know the responsiblility attached.

My point being that army is after all run by humans, they make mistakes. And the recent events have indeed been a mistake on all the parties involved and hence in cases like these instead of going in denial people need to have the right of pointing out and criticizing any establishment in the country including the army...

3. Zibago

Zibago ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 39,084 / -3
    Pakistan
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Moonlight

Moonlight PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST

Ratings:
    +42 / 8,588 / -0
    Pakistan
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. django

django SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 12,023 / -0
    Pakistan
    I was just about too:tup:.Kudos

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Aquaman

Aquaman FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 117 / -0
    Pakistan
    [​IMG]

7. TheLahoriGuy

TheLahoriGuy FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 264 / -0
    Pakistan
    What a one dimensional article. According to this guy liberals are either this or that. By that logic im ready to put a daesh commander and every other first gen American Pakistani on this forum as a "conservative".

No liberal I've ever met disagrees that whats happening in Kashmir or the US airstrikes in waziristan are justified under any context. Why ? Because its straight used messy murder and a clear violation of human rights. But the thing is if you're ready to call a kashmiri protestor a " freedom fighter" then a baloch separatist should also be called one. I'm not implying anything regarding Kashmir or Balochistan BTW I'm just saying not everything is black and white.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Zibago

Zibago ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 39,084 / -3
    Pakistan
    Not liberals(he himself is one) but the folks who identify as liberals in Pakistan
    You have to admit folks like us dont fall in this category(i for one dont wish to be in the category of folks like Marvi Sirmed and Hussain Haqqani).
    They are considered army boot licking closet mullahs by liberals he is pointing to
    Its more grey than you think we dont have 3 month lockdowns in Quetta nor do we have a situation where mass rapes are actually supported by the govt machinery
    Its not but taking stands that dont aid terrorists (religious and ethnic) should be encouraged we cant have a situation where we condemn religious terrorists and glorify ethnic terrorists

Labels are more diverse than we assume them to be at first glance and any sort of ism is subjective dont you think?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Jon-Snow

Jon-Snow SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6 / 7,560 / -5
    Pakistan

10. TheLahoriGuy

TheLahoriGuy FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 264 / -0
    Pakistan
    I dont know anyone who'd glorify a separatist but condemn a terrorist. Its either love both or (in my case) hate both. As for criticizing someone simply based on their label is just being hypocritical. Yes maybe liberals do align themselves with the ideals of the west but its not like we're advocating for gay pride rallies and what not.

Its hilarious how everyone has found a new scapegoat, a group that has literally no political representation at all but even being a keyboard warrior is enough, meanwhile the men in control and signing pacts which call for concentration camps and what not.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Zibago

Zibago ELITE MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9 / 39,084 / -3
    Pakistan
    No problem with that but for the time being i dont think our society is ready its just that i am no fan of asslicking western narrative for the region time and time again by so called champions of liberalism who accuse anyone criticizing them as agents of ISI
    So you are saying folks who support ethnic terrorists inside and outside Pakistan and call themselves champions of liberalism dont exist (Asma Jahangir brigade)?
    Time and time again she has shared BRA terrorist propaganda

12. Morse_Code

Morse_Code FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,365 / -0
    Pakistan
    To be honest I just don't want to waste my words on Miss Mizari... she is not worthy of them.
    For Mr. Shamsher ... he was indeed a gem of a person, saw his interview last month, I could see the pain in his eyes yet he stood strong as he believed the cause his son sacrificed himself for!
    All the time I stared at him thinking how difficult it could have been for him to lose his very young son in the line of duty and still upholding so far! and at the same time feeling the immense pride of being the father of a martyr. We can't even fathom the pain and grief of what he went through.
    I offer my condolences to the family, but they should realize this one thing..they were raised by some very pious men and they should feel honored for that.
    May his soul rest in peace Ameen

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Ocean

Ocean FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 495 / -1
    Argentina
    So what do you think what army should have done? Shot at protestors ? And started a bloodbath? At some point a huge ruckus was meant to happen.

As of criticism she said lanat on aisi fouj. So was that army who started the initial mischief of altering elections bill illegally? When protestors were creating nuisance in this city why pmln-supporting traders were feeding the protestors?
    If she thinks its armys fault then does that throw the blame on entire fouj? Does it warrant her to say lanat hai aisi fouj pay repeatedly ? Does that warrant our army getting equated with terrorists whilst the same army has lost thousands of young men fighting against terrorists ?

14. Arsalan

Arsalan PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT

Ratings:
    +37 / 16,459 / -1
    Pakistan
    Inalilah wa inna ilahe rajiyoun

Very very sad news indeed!
    Heart Broken.

15. TheLahoriGuy

TheLahoriGuy FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 264 / -0
    Pakistan
    To make it very clear btw I have nothing but respect and gratitude for the common fauji. They endure losses that is civilians can't even think of enduring. No liberal I've ever met would have any hard feelings towards a fauji who's fighting to protect us (why would we ? We have no reason to).

Secondly I can't disect this woman's brain as to why she would repeatedly say such things. But if I had to guess I'd say main problem is the outcome of this whole fiasco (which is basically ending in the worst way possible) and in that context I mostly agree with what she's saying. The negotiations that were done was mainly the army's responsibility and hence this whole scene has weakened the state's authority. There were some disagreements between the govt and the army. Also what's to stop someone else from collecting a few thousand men and holding half the country hostage for 2 weeks ?