Black_cats

Dec 31, 2010
21 crore doses of Covid-19 vaccines by next year: Health minister

COVID-19 IN BANGLADESH
TBS Report
24 July, 2021, 07:10 pm
Last modified: 24 July, 2021, 07:14 pm

The vaccines are scheduled to arrive in Bangladesh in phases by next year
File Photo of Health Minister Zahid Maleque.
" style="box-sizing: inherit; cursor: pointer;">[IMG alt="File Photo of Health Minister Zahid Maleque.
"]https://tbsnews.net/sites/default/f....jpg?itok=vwKpLMWx&timestamp=1611812977[/IMG]
File Photo of Health Minister Zahid Maleque.

Health Minister Zahid Malik has said the government has arranged for 21 crore doses of Covid-19 vaccines to curb Covid-19 infections in the country.

The vaccines are scheduled to arrive in Bangladesh in phases by next year, said the minister in a view exchange virtual meeting with the Bangladesh Private Medical College Association on Saturday.

"Currently we have three crore doses of China vaccines. Seven crore doses of Covax, one crore doses of Russian vaccine, three crore doses of AstraZeneca and seven crore doses of Johnson & Johnson doses will arrive in phases," said the minister.

He also said 80% of people in the country will get vaccines after all the 21 crore doses arrive. So far, 1.20 crore people have received the Covid-19 vaccine.

Private hospital owners present in the meeting addressed the oxygen crisis in their hospitals.

The health minister assured, "Forty oxygen generators will be set up in 40 hospitals by August and there will be no oxygen crisis after that."

In response, Director General of the Directorate General of Health Services Professor Dr ABM Khurshid Alam said 400 tonnes of oxygen will be imported from India every week that will ease the oxygen crisis.

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
21 crore doses of Covid-19 vaccines by next year: Health minister
I think this huge supply will relieve our headache because this volume is almost good enough to inoculate 10.25 million of our people.

By the way, is there any news on the human trial of the BANGOVAX vaccines of the Global company? A successful trial will be a gamechanger. It will open ways for BD to help other countries by exporting it at a price cheaper than those produced in big countries like America.

Valar.

Nov 29, 2017
Country
Pakistan
seven crore doses of Johnson & Johnson doses will arrive in phases,.
I think this huge supply will relieve our headache because this volume is almost good enough to inoculate 10.25 million of our people.
J&J is single dose vaccine.

Basically. these 21 crore doses will cover BD's entire adult population - those who are 18+ currently and those who will be turning 18 in next 1 year.

Black_cats

Dec 31, 2010

Basically. these 21 crore doses will cover BD's entire adult population - those who are 18+ currently and those who will be turning 18 in next 1 year.
Only concerning part Bangladesh is relying too much on Chinese and Russian vaccines and single dose J&J vaccines. Unfortunately these are not very much affective vaccines or efficiency label is low significantly compared to the other vaccines like Pfizer or Moderna. But let’s hope for the best!

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh

Yes, you are right. BD will get 7 million single shot J&J vaccines as well. So, the total promised vaccines will almost cover the entire population.

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Jun 14, 2016
Country
Bangladesh
please forgive the off topic.
hah! I thought only Indians counted crows... is it a British raj thing?
Actually, Crore is not a British-introduced unit. It is ours throughout BD, India, Pakistan as well as (probably) Afghanistan. You can include SL, Nepal, and Bhutan.

Lakh is another unit making 100,000. 100 Lakh makes 1 Crore. We are more familiar with these units than we are with million and billion.

Do you remember the 1971 killing figure our Father of Nation stated in London? He was told to state 3 Lakhs or 300,000, but he mismatched it by saying 3 million in English.

That makes an absurd 3,000,000 killings in less than 9 months meaning 11,000 killed every 24 hours. Hitler must be wishing to be born again to learn the technics PA troops employed to kill so many people that superseded the killing in 5 years by his NAZI.

So, better we stick to our local traditions when counting.

Last edited:

UKBengali

ELITE MEMBER
May 29, 2011
Country
Bangladesh
Only concerning part Bangladesh is relying too much on Chinese and Russian vaccines and single dose J&J vaccines. Unfortunately these are not very much affective vaccines or efficiency label is low significantly compared to the other vaccines like Pfizer or Moderna. But let’s hope for the best!
Only the Chinese vaccine has much lower efficacy levels compared to the others - deaths are reduced by “only” around 80% compared to 95%+ for the Western vaccines.

Sputnik is probably just as good if not better than AstraZeneca but we do not have enough data to know this for sure now.

Anyway the actual final numbers are less important than BD now jabbing maybe 100s of thousands a day with Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Sinopharm vaccines.

Once BD has jabbed its most vulnerable 20% with 2 doses then the pandemic will be much easier to manage.

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
@DalalErMaNodi , first decision,

And then

So conclusion, we are proud of the covid 19 management of Bangladesh.

Mass vaccination is also like tala khola lockdown!

Hati maribo , ghora maribo, shesh mesh zouno kesh o (pubic hair ) falaite pari na.

21 koti vaccine evabei asbe!
21 crore = 210 million

So it should actually be good enough to inoculate 105 million from our 165 something people.

By the way, is there any news on the human trial of the BANGOVAX vaccines of the Global company? A successful trial will be a gamechanger. It will open ways for BD to help other countries by exporting it at a price cheaper than those produced in big countries like America.
Bal asbe re bhai bal. BAL govt bal nia asbe.

Last edited:

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
Only the Chinese vaccine has much lower efficacy levels compared to the others - deaths are reduced by “only” around 80% compared to 95%+ for the Western vaccines.

Sputnik is probably just as good if not better than AstraZeneca but we do not have enough data to know this for sure now.

Anyway the actual final numbers are less important than BD now jabbing maybe 100s of thousands a day with Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Sinopharm vaccines.

Once BD has jabbed its most vulnerable 20% with 2 doses then the pandemic will be much easier to manage.
But the new decision is Bangladesh is going to buy 7 crore more sinopharm vaccine. What would you say about it?

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Oct 18, 2007
Country
Pakistan
But the new decision is Bangladesh is going to buy 7 crore more sinopharm vaccine. What would you say about it?
yeah but you have seen delivery rate ? just talking tall is BD and Indian way to be settle issue with words . i am tracking vaccine delivery flights from china to pakistan its hardly 500K per week some flights carry 1mn or 1.2mn doses .most of the flights carry 500k . its not hot cake just go buy and here you go done .

Atlas

Aug 2, 2018
Country
Bangladesh
yeah but you have seen delivery rate ? just talking tall is BD and Indian way to be settle issue with words . i am tracking vaccine delivery flights from china to pakistan its hardly 500K per week some flights carry 1mn or 1.2mn doses .most of the flights carry 500k . its not hot cake just go buy and here you go done .
But but wasn't it you ,who claimed that China always take care of her friends unlike usa?

Have you changed your tone? Just curious!

However I believe vaccine is in mass production and soon both Bangladesh and Pakistan will get huge amount of vaccine. Although I am not sure whats going inside curtain.

But I'm hopeful about joint production.

@Imran Khan

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Oct 18, 2007
Country
Pakistan
But but wasn't it you ,who claimed that China always take care of her friends unlike usa?

Have you changed your tone? Just curious!

However I believe vaccine is in mass production and soon both Bangladesh and Pakistan will get huge amount of vaccine. Although I am not sure whats going inside curtain.

But I'm hopeful about joint production.

@Imran Khan
yes i am still saying china take care friends . did they stopped delivery like india did with you ? did they delay ? no they are delivering us on time .

but there is limits of everything production storage and delivery transportation its massive operations . not just sitting on tv talk anything and done . pakistan is using multiple sources GAVI /CHINA /USA/RUSSIA / SOUTH KOREA to fill the demand of 1mn doses per day now .

here is last 15 days delivery 2.5 million doses from china .

3 august PIA B777 registration AP-BMH delivered 500k
2 august PIA B777 registration AP-BMG delivered 500k
27 july PIA B777 registration AP-BMG delivered 500k
26 july PIA B777 registration AP-BMH delivered 500k
20 july PIA B777 registration AP-BMG delivered 500k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom