What's new

16th December 1971: From East Pakistan to Bangladesh

Species

Oct 12, 2014
Country
Bangladesh
You are a bit wrong my friend the language was one of the maim reason for this partition we can't deny that fact it was used. Urdu was never a language of certain ethnic majority in Pakistan cause Pakistan in different areas had a different language. People had Sindhi Punjabi Pashtoon Kashmiri Baloch Bengali all spoke different languages.
I know the mainstream literature in both Bangladesh and Pakistan consider it the main prelude to 1971 but it's not, trust me. Language movement was mainly spearheaded by Tamaddun Majlish, an Islamic organization based in Dhaka and its members were fierce supporters of Pakistan Movement. It could at best be considered an anti-government movement but not anti-state. And as I said, there were such anti-government incidents in West Pakistan as well at that time, so there's no reason to single out East Pakistan only.

If you persist, then let's just agree to disagree.

Regarding your power sharing politics do you realize that Pakistan of that time was a democracy. Development done in the east Pakistan was higher than west so the reasons of power sharing being a cause are not valid.
Again, I'm focusing on the period from 1958 onward. I'm not interested in discussing the earlier events for reasons I've already stated earlier.

You are saying there was more development in East, most Bangladeshis will say it was more in West. Pakistan saw its greatest economic and development growth during Ayub Khan's time, in both wings, yet he's considered a villain in Bangladesh for suppressing democracy. Ironically, the same people argue democracy should take a back-seat to make way for development, in support of Hasina's rule.

These are all narratives. And such narratives are created and disseminated by those who hold power. It's pointless to argue who's right or who's wrong. What we need to do is analyze the underlying conflict, that is, the disagreement between the politicians of both sides which eventually led to the break-up (and the dissemination of opposing narratives).

My view is that this disagreement could have been sorted out by developing an effective power-sharing mechanism that I mentioned earlier. And there lies Ayub Khan's main flaw: the failure to reach an agreement between the two sides, despite the enormous economic growth achieved during his rule.

Secondly if you make power sharing a cause then it also imply that this all was done to feed the ambitions of one person as power only goes to one person & democracy gives power to people.
It's purely incorrect to say power is only held by one person, democracy or not.

SpaceMan18

Aug 10, 2020
Country
Bangladesh
And, Hasina has sold India short to China! And, that too when BD's cooperation and subjugation are most required to save the NE Indian parts for China is prepping to restore her "Lost Glory" owing to their weak Empire against the strong British!!

The fundamental Indian objectives behind the creation of BD were to weaken Pak to strengthen her military balance on the western front and counter China on the NE front. Both have now gone down the drain....

Man proposes, GOD DISPOSES...

*BD's area is around 140K km2. Around 40K km2 is already gone for India. 100K more to go. Ilahi Adalet - tooth for tooth, eye for eye, km2 for km2

First of all India is name given by Romans I think , Bengal was always there and it was suppose to be a very progressive and liberal area but got ruined. The closest thing to Bengal is modern day Bangladesh just some issues with secularism. Most of Eastern India technically should belong to us.

Bengali people under one country speaking Bangla makes sense , when you go to Japan you expect Japanese people speaking Japanese right ? Or going to Germany you expect Germans speaking German.

So how tf India takes all that ? India is too dam diverse which doesn't help their case.

Tom-tom

Dec 10, 2019
Country
United Kingdom
And, Hasina has sold India short to China! And, that too when BD's cooperation and subjugation are most required to save the NE Indian parts for China is prepping to restore her "Lost Glory" owing to their weak Empire against the strong British!!

The fundamental Indian objectives behind the creation of BD were to weaken Pak to strengthen her military balance on the western front and counter China on the NE front. Both have now gone down the drain....

Man proposes, GOD DISPOSES...

*BD's area is around 140K km2. Around 40K km2 is already gone for India. 100K more to go. Ilahi Adalet - tooth for tooth, eye for eye, km2 for km2
BD lost 40km2? Territory?

LeGenD

Aug 28, 2006
Country
Pakistan
Thread REOPENED for discussion after removal of Flamebaiting/Trolling/Inappropriate posts.

@DalalErMaNodi
@JohnWick
@PAKISTANFOREVER
@Hakikat ve Hikmet
@X-ray Papa

All of you are notified to not respond to Flamebaiting/Trolling/Inappropriate posts in this thread and otherwise. All it takes is just one member to make a Flamebait post and there goes the entire conversation...

There are THEMES which might FUEL EMOTIONS but QUALITY is in how you carry a conversation and understand when to apply breaks.

@Hakikat ve Hikmet

You are good poster - choose your QUOTES wisely.

Hakikat ve Hikmet

ELITE MEMBER
Nov 14, 2015
Country
United States
Thread REOPENED for discussion after removal of Flamebaiting/Trolling/Inappropriate posts.

@DalalErMaNodi
@JohnWick
@PAKISTANFOREVER
@Hakikat ve Hikmet
@X-ray Papa

All of you are notified to not respond to Flamebaiting/Trolling/Inappropriate posts in this thread and otherwise. All it takes is just one member to make a Flamebait post and there goes the entire conversation...

There are THEMES which might FUEL EMOTIONS but QUALITY is in how you carry a conversation and understand when to apply breaks.

@Hakikat ve Hikmet

You are good poster - choose your QUOTES wisely.
If it's to increase the traffic from BD members I have got nothing to add...

However, I stand on my points for they can't be reasonably refuted by any Muslims.....

By the by, BD was created by breaking the largest Muslim country of the time! If Iman and Ihlas aren't the criteria to evaluate this debacle then what is????

You're right though!!! While Allah-u Azimushshan is bestowing victories after victories in "Real Time" - be it in Azerbayjan, Afganistan, Libya, Northern Irak/Syria, The Eastern Med or somewhere else - upon us why to get bogged down in BD??? Especially while the mother of all stages is being set in Kashmir - 02/26 to 28 being its prior rehearsal - why try to "undo" a mindset that can't be changed???? The Muslims in BD are more than capable to set their own records straight by themselves, even if it takes 100 years....

Last edited:

JohnWick

Nov 13, 2018
Country
Pakistan
Depends on the content. So far it has been way below par. If you cannot celebrate victory day respectfully and with courtesy for Pakistan and Pakistanis, given that you are on a Pakistani forum, then don't expect to have those threads last.
Pardon me but is that General looks to do a Genocide with you?
images (45).jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)