What's new

Recent content by Homo Sapiens

  1. Homo Sapiens

    BBC Stream: Padma Bridge free benefits to Indian traders, why it was built in the first place

    Solution is to impose costs on Indians to use such infrastructure or deny outright if it anyway detrimental to the interests of BD, not remaining at pre-modern ages by shunning modern infrastructure. Just because India may get benefits, we can not deprives our millions of citizen a smooth...
  2. Homo Sapiens

    Padma Bridge: How Bangladesh defied the odds to achieve a technical masterstroke

    “We invented 13 new technologies in the process of constructing the Padma Bridge” Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:00 AM Last update on: Sat Jun 25, 2022 01:32 AM A Chinese technician operating a heavy machine at the Padma Bridge construction site. Source: Xinhua. " style="box-sizing: inherit;"> A Chinese...
  3. Homo Sapiens

    Bangladesh: Massive shot in railway’s arm

    Massive shot in railway’s arm Tuhin Shubhra Adhikary Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:00 AM Last update on: Sat Jun 25, 2022 01:23 AM Photo: Sajjad Hossain " style="box-sizing: inherit;"> Photo: Sajjad Hossain Thanks to the opening of the Padma bridge today, the people and businesses in south-western...
  4. Homo Sapiens

    Padma Bridge: How Bangladesh defied the odds to achieve a technical masterstroke

    Padma Bridge: How Bangladesh defied the odds to achieve a technical masterstroke Kazi Nafia Rahman, Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com Published: 22 Jun 2022 12:00 AM BdST Updated: 22 Jun 2022 12:05 AM BdST The dream of connecting Bangladesh's heartland to the southwestern region by bridging...
  5. Homo Sapiens

    Bangladesh reels from the worst flooding in nearly 20 years

    It is unclear on how much sea level will rise. Different study and different time produce different results. And there are also lower estimates and upper estimates, 5% probability, 95% probablitily etc. etc. So we can not predict for sure that sea level rise will certainly exceed silt deposition...
  6. Homo Sapiens

    Bangladesh reels from the worst flooding in nearly 20 years

    Bangladesh actually does not have a long coastline. It's coastline is just 580 km compared to The Netherlands 451 km. Three sides of Bangladesh is bounded by landmass, only the south is open to the sea. Bangladesh actually does not need to do what Dutch had done because nature in our case is...
  7. Homo Sapiens

    Bangladesh reels from the worst flooding in nearly 20 years

    Flood actually elevate land a few milimeter as fine slit cover the land once water recedes. The river silt which get deposited in the estuary causes land mass gradually to enlarge in the coastal region. This is how the entire southern region of Bangladesh was formed over many thousands of years...
  8. Homo Sapiens

    Pakistan-Bangladesh trade volume to soon touch $1bn: envoy

    IMF projected 396 billion for this year in it's April 2022 forecast, but in the last two months, Taka depreciated rapidly against US Dollar and gone from 86 to 93 per USD. It may depreciate even more in coming months. So, IMF's October revised data will show lesser figure for sure. Bangladesh's...
  9. Homo Sapiens

    Railway plans big. Will service also look up?

    Add to this 65 km Khulna-Mongla railway which will be inaugurated by the December, 2022 and 172 km Dhaka-Jashore line through Padma bridge in 2024. Within Dhaka-Jashore line, 81 km upto Bhanga, Faridpur will be opened in the next year and the rest of the line from Bhanga to Jashore in 2024.
  10. Homo Sapiens

    BSF jawan’s body brought to Shillong via Bangladesh

    BSF jawan’s body brought to Shillong via Bangladesh TNN / Updated: Jun 19, 2022, 10:31 IST SHILLONG: The body of a BSF jawan, who died following a landslide, was taken from South West Khasi Hills to through the riverine route via neighbouring Bangladesh on Saturday as land routes were...
  11. Homo Sapiens

    Bangladesh attains huge success in reducing infant, maternal mortality

    Bangladesh attains huge success in reducing infant, maternal mortality Photo: UNICEF " style="box-sizing: inherit; cursor: pointer;"> Photo: UNICEF Bangladesh has achieved a huge success in reducing infant and maternal mortality rates in the last five decades, securing the top position in South...
  12. Homo Sapiens

    Bangladesh has the lowest data breach density in Asia: Studies

    Tech & Startup Bangladesh has the lowest data breach density in Asia: Studies Toggle Desk Mon Jun 13, 2022 04:53 PM Last update on: Mon Jun 13, 2022 05:50 PM Bangladesh has the lowest data breach density in all of Asia, according to a global study conducted by cybersecurity company...
  13. Homo Sapiens

    Bangladesh annually earns $1.4 billion forex from IT sector: Palak

    Bangladesh annually earns $1.4 billion forex from IT sector: Palak Construction of Hi-Tech Park in Khulna will be completed by June 2024 at a cost of Tk170 crore State Minister for ICT Zunaid Ahmed Palak. Photo: Collected " style="box-sizing: inherit; cursor: pointer;"> State Minister for ICT...
  14. Homo Sapiens

    India, Bangladesh 12-day joint military drill SAMPRITI-X culminates

    I did not mean any harm. I think that location would be the most convenient for PLA delegation to come from Chumbi valley. As you know, Chinese built many airport and airstrip in Tibet. They can take a short flight from nearest airport and can land in Saidpur airport in Bangladesh which is close...
  15. Homo Sapiens

    Railway plans big. Will service also look up?

    3,093 km is not enough for a densely populated country like Bangladesh. The Netherlands is also a densely populated country in Europe one-fourth the size of Bangladesh. It's railway route is 3,223 km. Rail transport in The Netherlands is very efficient and popular mode of transport. Bangladesh...

Top Bottom