What's new

Z-8 and Z-18 transport helicopter thread

Its a big helicopter. Is it able to carry some 30-40 soldiers together?

Just a small remark especially to the different tail-boom design of both the PLA Z-18A and the three Z-18-naval versions ... IMO it's a bit strange that the design is so much different !

Deino

Z-18 versions.jpg

Finally spotted again ...

1. on board the Liaoning as a VIP:

Z-18 381 on Liaoning - July 16.jpg

2. the PLA-LH-version Z-18A:

Z-18A - 11.8.16.jpg

The CCTV News has released video footage of new Z-18A military transport helicopter for People’s Liberation Army Ground Force.

China started reforming the People’s Liberation Army a year ago. Its ground force is undergoing a transformation, with the help of some helicopter test pilots. Part of the reforming program was the development of a new medium transport helicopter.

The Z-18A is a is a medium transport helicopter developed by Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC) to replace the Z-8 and Russian Mi-17.

The Z-18 is a single-rotor helicopter with tail rotor and a non-retractable landing gear, thought to be based on the Avicopter AC313, an updated design based on the earlier Harbin Z-8, itself a development of the Aérospatiale Super Frelon.

http://defence-blog.com/news/china-...ansport-helicopter-for-pla-ground-forces.html

I think the PLA reform is the PLA has their own aviation corps like transport helo and gunship. When they need CSA, they can call upon their own one without needing the aviation compatriot support.

This will make PLA more mobile and fast reaction.

I am imagining Z 11 WB, as a somehow redesigned, unmanned attack helicopter UAV

Is the engine made in China out of chinese components ?

Yes,all made in China. China has no problem regards to helo engines or producintg turboshaft.

Thats very good. Russia is in dire straits in this regard. They dont have domestic engines for Ansat and Ka 226 helicopters, as for Mi 34 which got abandoned. The last is the class of the Z 11 WB, but sadly its dead born project

Im glad China is much wiser than Russia, with steady work and decade long commitments in projects. Thats why I asked. Medium and light turboshaft and turboprops are extremely important

Thats very good. Russia is in dire straits in this regard. They dont have domestic engines for Ansat and Ka 226 helicopters, as for Mi 34 which got abandoned. The last is the class of the Z 11 WB, but sadly its dead born project

Im glad China is much wiser than Russia, with steady work and decade long commitments in projects. Thats why I asked. Medium and light turboshaft and turboprops are extremely important

They make the right choice to alliance with China. All they need to do is buy from China

Sure at the moment we do not have some real heavy power turboshaft but its enough at least.

https://defence.pk/threads/russia-installed-chinese-engines-on-her-buyan-class-corvettes.429970/

Now its ship diesel engine. Turbo shaft maybe next? Who know... :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom