What's new

Z-20 Utility Helicopter News & Discussions

212809r9g9ccccjmfr9c96.jpg.thumb.jpg

Nice, ... but why always on a truck ?
Then what type of transport will you expect to transfer the helo for testing? Using an IL-76 to transport it will cost lots of money. Kerosene is much more expensive than diesel.

Because fans can see it on the road, but they cannot get in to the testing site. :sick:

Then what type of transport will you expect to transfer the helo for testing? Using an IL-76 to transport it will cost lots of money. Kerosene is much more expensive than diesel.

Don't get me wrong and I perfectly understand that ... as such it's more a "regret" than a complaint.

By the way where is the test site for PLA-Army types - I thought, the Z-10 was also tested at the CFTE at first !? - and even more ... any news about additional prototypes ?

Deino

Deino, what engine do you suggest it used, if WZ-16 turboshaft is not available?

Honest, ... I don't know !

Huitong reports of a WZ-10 turboshaft engines (~1,800kW).

WZ-10 turboshaft name is just a guessing based on rumour. It is in fact the same powerful turboshaft used on the later version of WZ-10 gunship. Aka Wz-16 turboshaft.

And again our old game: You have phantastic claims ... but not a single proof !

And again our old game: You have phantastic claims ... but not a single proof !
Are u going to claim Z-20 used the WZ-9 turboshaft or PW turboshaft? Can I say the current powerful turboshaft used on Z-20 will also be used on WZ-10 gunship?

Can you tell me?

I claim nothing - I simply don't know it - and even if nothing is known on the Z-20's engines other than the rumours about a "secret" WZ-10 the WZ-16 is simply impossible, since it is not ready in China yet and also too weak with a projected power of 1,137 kW (in comparison to the US General Electric T700-GE-701D turboshaft with 1,409 kW).

Anyway, IMO it is better to say "I don't know" than to claim anything that simply can't be !

Latest official info on the WZ-16 aka Ardidded-3C via the manufacture's HP:

The Ardiden 3C is fitted in the Chinese AC352, jointly developed by Avic Helicopter with Airbus Helicopters. The result of a 50/50 partnership between Turbomeca and AVIC Engine, the Ardiden 3C was ground tested in France in November 2013. The engine will be certified by EASA under the designation Ardiden 3C, and by the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) under the designation WZ16.

Ardiden 3C | Turbomeca

So, nothing on "it is operational" - the AC352/Z-15 has not even flown yet ! - ... as such why not a WZ-17 or WZ-20 ?? Sounds even better and has surely a much higher output !

By the way, there is no helicopter named WZ-10 ... it's simply the Z-10.

Back
Top Bottom