What's new

yes long live higher education in pakistan !!!!!!

khanz

Reaction score
finally pakistan u did something right

ISLAMABAD - The officials of the Higher Education Commission (HEC) and vice chancellors of various universities have expressed their joy over the Supreme Court’s decision regarding the future of the commission.
However, they were little cautious in their reaction over the amendments being considered by the government in the existing laws governing the HEC. The Supreme Court on Tuesday after hearing petitions against dissolution of the HEC directed HEC to restore all its privileges and keep operating until a new law is constituted for the commission.
HEC Chairman Dr Javaid Laghari while talking to The Nation said, “We are happy over the decision of the Supreme Court, which has upheld its autonomy and affirmed that under the 18th Amendment it couldn’t be devolved to the provinces.” He said HEC has always ensured that all provinces are on board during policy framing and development of programmes and research. He said the commissions would continue to improve quality and research work, which is the main function of HEC.
Senator S M Zafar, a leading constitutional expert, when contacted, had an altogether different opinion that the HEC could not be devolved to the provinces even if the government brought a new law through Parliament.
“It’s a timely decision of the Supreme Court which had correctly interpreted the position of the commission in the light of 18th Amendment. He said it couldn’t be devolved to the provinces, as higher education and its commission remained a federal subject under item 12 of Federal List No II of the Constitution. And the Parliament can’t pass a law devolving the functions of higher education to the provinces and any such law will be against the Constitution.

HEC case: VCs, varsities happy over SC verdict | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

education is crucial HEC on of the few sincere and efficient institutions in pakistan this current government is genuinely out to destroy pakistan :hitwall: thank god atleast higher education was spared.
I swear am looking forward to the future when this current cowardly,corrupt ,feudalistic,uneducated generation of government currently in power dies out and the youth come of age it will be better time for pakistan and pakistani youth are much more sincere :yahoo::pakistan:

That is a good move. But why was the government planning to devolve higher education to the provinces?

Good News. HEC has been instrumental in promoting much needed higher education in Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

That is a good move. But why was the government planning to devolve higher education to the provinces?

Probably to cut on expenses.

Excellent news. HEC has done some wonderful work all over Pakistan to improve the education standards of the country, & it has made a remarkable difference already. HEC Zindabad! Pakistan Zindabad! :pakistan:

coz government of pakistan are dumbass f ucks out to destroy the country and they are greedy b@stards probably wanted to take over resources of HEC and spread it amongst themselves or their own people in the name of devolving it into provinces and also probably coz HEC was doing good for the students and not in their own personal interest by refusing to verify their fake degrees and compromise it's integrity.

the finance minister said once "for me developing 11 mechanics is more important than a PhD"

if this is the mindset, what else were you expecting ?

anyways luckily we have a strong CJ that can put a check on politicians.

To avoid the fake degrees scandal's resolution, to pass on the funding to their party guys in the provinces so it cold be eaten as corruption, and worst, to nullify the one fair-in-its-selection-process institution so my ethnicity and my tribe and my party affiliates could be made to afford higher education rather than those who got there on merit.

the finance minister said once "for me developing 11 mechanics is more important than a PhD"

if this is the mindset, what else were you expecting ?

anyways luckily we have a strong CJ that can put a check on politicians.
what? a finance minister said that ? he is such an idiot person i think he even does not know what is PhD
we have lot of idiots in our govt they know nothing except looting the nation
they are dissolving the HEC because HEC stood against them IN FAKE DEGREE SCANDAL....................
without HEC all the funds will go to these corrupt politicians and there will be no check and balance system ........ students will go for higher education in foreign countries not on merit but bcz of bribe

To avoid the fake degrees scandal's resolution, to pass on the funding to their party guys in the provinces so it cold be eaten as corruption, and worst, to nullify the one fair-in-its-selection-process institution so my ethnicity and my tribe and my party affiliates could be made to afford higher education rather than those who got there on merit.

ain't that the truth i wonder which idiot put forward this suggestion in the first place ? thank god it did not happen.

Back
Top Bottom