What's new

Yasin Bhatkal, founder of Indian Mujahideen, arrested

agamdilawari

Reaction score
Country
India
b428016b-65d7-426b-a1d6-7e658b424e91MediumRes.JPG

NEW DELHI: Yasin Bhatkal, the founder of Indian Mujahideen, has been arrested by Indian agencies from the India-Nepal border on Wednesday night after being on the run for over five years.

Union home minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday confirmed his arrest by the intelligence agencies near India-Nepal border.

Yasin Bhatkal is at present in the custody of Bihar Police and is being interrogated, Shinde told reporters.

The Union home minister refused to disclose the identity of agencies involved in the arrest.

According to sources, IB and other Indian agencies took YasinBhatkal in custody at Sonauli border of Nepal near Gorakhpur.

30-year-old Yasin Bhatkal, one of India's most-wanted terrorists, was picked up by security agencies along with another IM leader Akhtar, official sources said.

Sources say special teams had been camping in Darbhanga in Bihar for some time for his arrest as RAW and IB played a crucial role in tracing his whereabouts.

A special cell of Delhi Police was also near the Bihar-Nepal border since last one week anticipating the arrest.

According to reports, the NSA has met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and briefed him about the arrest of Bhatkal.

Yasin Bhatkal is accused of masterminding several terror strikes including Delhi, Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad blasts.

His real name is Ahmad ZararSiddiBappa. He is also known by the alias Shahrukh.

Yasin Bhatkal's arrest comes close on the heels of arrest of another top terrorist Abdul Karim Tunda.

Yasin Bhatkal, founder of Indian Mujahideen, arrested - The Times of India

Execute after quick trial.Otherwise wastage of state money like kashab feeding him and 2]like azhar massoud leaves window open to exchange him for any hostage situation.Justice for families of those killed in those bomb blasts.

Bihar police is questioning him? really you guys desperately need a federal level law enforcement agency like the FBI. terrorists should not be in the hands of local cops.

Bihar police is questioning him? really you guys desperately need a federal level law enforcement agency like the FBI. terrorists should not be in the hands of local cops.

you guys or we guys..if you cant associate yourself with india better change your flag

its a shame this pig is from my state...bhatkal is a place in karnataka on the coastal side, predominantly populated by muslims and a major hub for illegal smuggling ...i am sure rdx used for all the terror activities in IM must have been smuggled from this region.

he will be handed over to NIA by tomorrow

I don't need your permission to associate myself with anyone kid. I'm an american of Indian heritage. India is not my country. I hope that helps with your " flag police"

so better have both the US flags "boy" and dont give your useless suggestions on "us", fyi FBI= NIA in India..useless fellow...

so better have both the US flags "boy" and dont give your useless suggestions on "us", fyi FBI= NIA in India..useless fellow...

You shouldn't be upset at ppl like us. It is India's fault that our ppl who live in foreign countries are treated like ****. Think about it....India does not have dual citizenship for its ppl who live in other countries. Why? Israel and so many other countries do this, it seems India does not cherish her ppl. or they are scared Indians born and raised in other countries will cut thru the BS in the Indian govt and get rid of red tape.

You shouldn't be upset at ppl like us. It is India's fault that our ppl who live in foreign countries are treated like ****. Think about it....India does not have dual citizenship for its ppl who live in other countries. Why? Israel and so many other countries do this, it seems India does not cherish her ppl. or they are scared Indians born and raised in other countries will cut thru the BS in the Indian govt and get rid of red tape.

Man(or woman).........u can't have the best of both world's(although india isn't best even in a dream)

we have 13 % of our population as muslim and states like bihar and up have like 20-25%............thats the problem as these terrorists have sympathy everywhere

Bhag gaye he-man de darke log...........;)

Man(or woman).........u can't have the best of both world's(although india isn't best even in a dream)

we have 13 % of our population as muslim and states like bihar and up have like 20-25%............thats the problem as these terrorists have sympathy everywhere

It's not about having the best..its about cherishing your ppl.....support them. India has turned her back on her ppl but gladly use and depend on them when they need something....India is wasting many opportunities due to its incompetent gov't. Bureaucracy is a nightmare and we have let too much time pass by doing nothing.

Muslims are everywhere......but our parties pander for votes...

Back
Top Bottom