What's new

WMD & Missiles Question Thread

According to wikipedia Pakistan has HQ-10 and HQ-19 air defense system. Could someone please confirm it?

Pakistani missile research and development program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I dont think so its accurate ...the page also mentions MIM-104 Patriot PAC 2 which i highly doubt and has the least probability that Pak would have bought ....i know they were offered once to Pak by US but dont think we bought them ..... apart from SA-17 and HQ-2B all other seems not to be the reality

No, at this point the PAF is yet to be satisfied with the Chinese HQ-10 and more importantly with the performance specifications it requires from the system. Currently Pakistan is looking for an ABM and while the HQ-19 is there the Russians wont allow a licence to China to sell the system as it is so it may end up coming up with a local Missile guided by a Chinese Radar.
The HQ-9 was a more realistic contender for a buy since it now as the attractive option of being further developed and improved via the T-LORAMIDS competition. To have a system co-developed by the best friends and allies you have and incorporatig the best of the east and west is nothing short of wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, at this point the PAF is yet to be satisfied with the Chinese HQ-10 and more importantly with the performance specifications it requires from the system. Currently Pakistan is looking for an ABM and while the HQ-19 is there the Russians wont allow a licence to China to sell the system as it is so it may end up coming up with a local Missile guided by a Chinese Radar.
The HQ-9 was a more realistic contender for a buy since it now as the attractive option of being further developed and improved via the T-LORAMIDS competition. To have a system co-developed by the best friends and allies you have and incorporatig the best of the east and west is nothing short of wonderful.

Okay, but are we getting any medium to long range SAM? I think it's about time.

thanks for info

How many Mt warhead would be enough for whole of India :)

Our strategy is smaller warheads(25-40kt) but in quantity..a warhead of such size can destroy a city twice the size of hiroshima

our strategy should be building atleast 250 such size warheads than we can opt for some megatons later on as well(onwards 2020)

If we count
India has odd 200 cities(source wiki) and Pakistan 66.

Now Pakistan top 60 cities has a population of 42millions

while indian only top 10 cities population is 60+millions

so the maximum damage considering population circa will be always on there side..atleast 3 times that of pakistan death toll

Our strategy is smaller warheads(25-40kt) but in quantity..a warhead of such size can destroy a city twice the size of hiroshima

our strategy should be building atleast 250 such size warheads than we can opt for some megatons later on as well(onwards 2020)

If we count
India has odd 200 cities(source wiki) and Pakistan 66.

Now Pakistan top 60 cities has a population of 42millions

while indian only top 10 cities population is 60+millions

so the maximum damage considering population circa will be always on there side..atleast 3 times that of pakistan death toll

Can we have the capability to produce that type of giants, not today but in the near future :)

i somewhere read that smaller warheads are harder to produce, if this the case then the bigger ones wont be a problem for us

i might be wrong but smaller one by size are difficult to produce not by yield

miniaturization of a warhead yet powerful is something hard and need to have plutonium based

Pakistan currently has 4 active Plutonium producing reactors..The initial one commissioned in 1997 had a capacity of upto 14kg per year

the 4th and the latest one is/was suppose to be build because of pakistan future interest in thermonuclear weapons(based on a western source)

i might be wrong but smaller one by size are difficult to produce not by yield

miniaturization of a warhead yet powerful is something hard and need to have plutonium based

Pakistan currently has 4 active Plutonium producing reactors..The initial one commissioned in 1997 had a capacity of upto 14kg per year

the 4th and the latest one is/was suppose to be build because of pakistan future interest in thermonuclear weapons(based on a western source)

this mean uranium is a inferior fuel for nukes ?

Back
Top Bottom