What's new

Will you convert to Hinduism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blooboy

New Recruit

Reaction score
Guys, I was reading some forum posts. People were discussing Hinduism. I am an Indian and have some soft corner for my Hindu bretherens but the following post made me shut my mouth:

Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma):
This a religion of the Brahmin , for the Brahmin and by the Brahmin. It's anti backward , anti dalit.. It's foundation is Caste System which is a brabaric, inhuman and unjust system ever made in the history of mankind.. It is anti democratic to say the least.....All these Vedic scriptures are loads of trash written by Brahmins to glorify themselves and insult and mistreat the backwards and dalits.... Hindu religion was created to subjugate the Dalits and Backwards , so that Brahmins can retain the power and hegemony for ever.. Brahmins used religion as a tool to achieve their ulterior motive of subjugating and oppressing the Dalits and Backwards... They justified and still justify the Caste System in the name of religion as religion was the easiest way to convince and fool the people by instilling the fear of god.........There is no Hindu as such , every Hindu is identified by his Caste ,this is a reality and whoever disagrees with it is a liar and a hipp0cr1t3...

I am a Christian and have lots of Hindu friends. Many times, we Christians are accused of converting Hindus. Some time back, a guy was arguing with me over conversion. I asked him what will be my name and cast if I convert to Hinduism? He had no answers.

I agree, all faiths including Islam, Christianity and Hinduism, have some weakness or other in them. Hinduism, as a way of life is really perfect, as it gives freedom to 'quest for truth' on your own. Caste system is the greatest obstacle for the prosperity of Hinduism.

Dude - Islam and Christianity are missionary religions - but if you're happy in your religion - then be happy = the Sufi's were responsible for converting hundreds of millions to Islam in South Asia and around the world.
:pakistan:

Yes, If I were a first generation Hindu convert (by force/ brutality/ fear/ rewards) I will certainly convert back to my own religion. Because my roots lie in the same religion. I am identified by my roots, my ancestors who for thousands of years have been following it. I have no reason to go otherwise.

But if I am a 3-rd or 4th generation convert, then i will be feeding up anti hindu propaganda and may never want to become one. and on the contrary pretend to be an arab descendent.

Its an irony that most of the people on western side of borders, claim to have cultural lineage say punjabi / sindh / gandhara culture and they follow each and every aspects of their ancestry be it cuisine, music, language, etc. But forgo Their religion. If mass brutality and rapes etc had not happened in aurangzebs time then Total Muslim population in Indian subcontinent would hav ebeen few hundreds (ie only those who actually came from outside.)

Yes, If I were a first generation Hindu convert (by force/ brutality/ fear/ rewards) I will certainly convert back to my own religion. Because my roots lie in the same religion. I am identified by my roots, my ancestors who for thousands of years have been following it. I have no reason to go otherwise.

But if I am a 3-rd or 4th generation convert, then i will be feeding up anti hindu propaganda and may never want to become one. and on the contrary pretend to be an arab descendent.

Its an irony that most of the people on western side of borders, claim to have cultural lineage say punjabi / sindh / gandhara culture and they follow each and every aspects of their ancestry be it cuisine, music, language, etc. But forgo Their religion. If mass brutality and rapes etc had not happened in aurangzebs time then Total Muslim population in Indian subcontinent would hav ebeen few hundreds (ie only those who actually came from outside.)

Rubbish - Punjabi's, Pashtuns, Sindhi's, Balochi, Kashmiri, have always been their ethnic groups. And the Sufi's like Baba Bulleh Shah etc were responsible for the vast majority of the conversions.

Rubbish - Punjabi's, Pashtuns, Sindhi's, Balochi, Kashmiri, have always been their ethnic groups. And the Sufi's like Baba Bulleh Shah etc were responsible for the vast majority of the conversions.

This is what you have been taught. By that logic 99 % of pakistanis and Indians muslims should have been sufis. How many sufis/ahmedis exist in pakistan?

Pathans converted way before bulle baba (16 century). AT the time of barbaric and rapist invaders like ghauri and all. To which you feel proud to associate with.

This is what you have been taught. By that logic 99 % of pakistanis and Indians muslims should have been sufis. How many sufis/ahmedis exist in pakistan?

The vast majority of Pakistanis, are Barelvi's and Shia Muslims - which is about 80% of the population, both Barelvi (Sunni) and Shia's believe in Sufi's - there are huge Urs celebrations of the Saints in the length and breadth of Pakistan.

grouping Sufi with Ahmedi show much u know.....

Initial argument in essence was that mild version of sub continental islam (be it sufism or ahmedism) became instant hit and hordes of people began converting.

This is the argument i am contesting. If that was the case 99% of pakistai population ought to be sufis or ahmedis (Indic islamists).

Guys, I was reading some forum posts. People were discussing Hinduism. I am an Indian and have some soft corner for my Hindu bretherens but the following post made me shut my mouth:

Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma):
This a religion of the Brahmin , for the Brahmin and by the Brahmin. It's anti backward , anti dalit.. It's foundation is Caste System which is a brabaric, inhuman and unjust system ever made in the history of mankind.. It is anti democratic to say the least.....All these Vedic scriptures are loads of trash written by Brahmins to glorify themselves and insult and mistreat the backwards and dalits.... Hindu religion was created to subjugate the Dalits and Backwards , so that Brahmins can retain the power and hegemony for ever.. Brahmins used religion as a tool to achieve their ulterior motive of subjugating and oppressing the Dalits and Backwards... They justified and still justify the Caste System in the name of religion as religion was the easiest way to convince and fool the people by instilling the fear of god.........There is no Hindu as such , every Hindu is identified by his Caste ,this is a reality and whoever disagrees with it is a liar and a hipp0cr1t3...

I am a Christian and have lots of Hindu friends. Many times, we Christians are accused of converting Hindus. Some time back, a guy was arguing with me over conversion. I asked him what will be my name and cast if I convert to Hinduism? He had no answers.

I agree, all faiths including Islam, Christianity and Hinduism, have some weakness or other in them. Hinduism, as a way of life is really perfect, as it gives freedom to 'quest for truth' on your own. Caste system is the greatest obstacle for the prosperity of Hinduism.

Have you tried atheism? IMO, religion is for the weak.

Initial argument in essence was that mild version of sub continental islam (be it sufism or ahmedism) became instant hit and hordes of people began converting.

This is the argument i am contesting. If that was the case 99% of pakistai population ought to be sufis or ahmedis (Indic islamists).

You don't know anything except RSS teaching, don't talk about something you know nothing about.

Think logically indians : "If arabs converted us by force then who are the victims of aggression" you or we definitely we are the victims because we are muslims.

Now when we (victims) are ok with our religion then what is the problem with you?

You don't know anything except RSS teaching, don't talk about something you know nothing about.

why the F bring RSS and other crap in the middle. I am not admirer of RSS or anything else. Please stick to the point.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Think logically indians : "If arabs converted us by force then who are the victims of aggression" you or we definitely we are the victims because we are muslims.

Now when we (victims) are ok with our religion then what is the problem with?

Thats what I said after 4-5 generation, why would you see it as a point to return to your OWN religion.

As i can see here. Many pakistanis want to run away from their past. Least expected is a samne debate on this.

Pathans converted way before bulle baba (16 century). AT the time of barbaric and rapist invaders like ghauri and all. To which you feel proud to associate with.

take your hate elsewhere mate.
no point in arguing with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom