What's new

Why Pakistan Making JF 17 Thunder Continuously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plethora of similar threads already exists.

The main reason for JF-17 was to have a single platform that would replace all of the following jets that are/were about to be decommissioned.

1. A5, total aircrafts = 55
2. F7 variants, total aircrafts = 193
3. Mirage III/V, total aircrafts = 165

Total aircrafts to be replaced = 413

Total JF17 planned induction = 250

Wajahat Saeed Khan presented fanboy's & forum's boys question infront of a thunder pilot that how good this aircraft against our arch rival's capabilities and the pilot replied in a soft tone that 'sir, this aircraft it very potent and you will see its real potential if we will be challenged in the future! don't worry'.

Those guys comparing different jets and underestimating the thunder in a situation should drop this thankless behavior. Thunder is the destiny of Pakistan Airforce.

The main reason for JF-17 was to have a single platform that would replace all of the following jets that are/were about to be decommissioned.

Imran bhai planned induction reduced to 150
We need to replace 450 aircrafts it means we need 300 more jets

Either buy 50 used F 16 and 150 J 10 and 60 SU 35 bring PAF at par atleast

PAF is full of useless people they want to play catching up game we are 10 years behind IAF not in numbers but in technology

We lost brilliant people of PAF like air chief NOOR KHAN who gave us upper hand over Indians till mid 90s we are getting behind

Wajahat Saeed Khan presented fanboy's & forum's boys question infront of a thunder pilot that how good this aircraft against our arch rival's capabilities and the pilot replied in a soft tone that 'sir, this aircraft it very potent and you will see its real potential if we will be challenged in the future! don't worry'.

Those guys comparing different jets and underestimating the thunder in a situation should drop this thankless behavior. Thunder is the destiny of Pakistan Airforce.
Don't agree with you horses for courses

How in world do you see it can challenge SU 30 which has double the range and power before our JF 17 seas it it has fired a missile on thunder

Talks are easy most of these PAF guys in 99 kargil war thumping their chest with similar slogans that you will see if and IAF jet comes we kick it

Result shows PAF has not played any role they were behind iaf in terms of tech not having BVR shows how neglect mindset they have not giving cover to Atlantique ASW again failure

US Navy seals stormed at abbotabad not a single PAF jet scrambled

PAF lacked alot in buying atleast high altitude airdefence system

PAF opened programme JF 17 to replace old 450 jets but now they are getting 150 thunders

PAF opened thunder project saying us not selling F16 we need something closer the F 16 capabilities but yet again they buying sanctioned prone F 16 blunder

PAF now have two potent single engine jet why mirage jet now it just make no sense

Bottom line is if PAF continue this type of negligence than GOD help us either lower their budget pass on Pakistan Navy they need more than these useless thinkers

I'm Pakistani and it is my right to criticise for the betterment

I don't have any enemy ship with PAF but their history shows me they deserve a criticism not showing professionalism to job given by nation

Imran bhai planned induction reduced to 150
We need to replace 450 aircrafts it means we need 300 more jets

Either buy 50 used F 16 and 150 J 10 and 60 SU 35 bring PAF at par atleast

PAF is full of useless people they want to play catching up game we are 10 years behind IAF not in numbers but in technology

We lost brilliant people of PAF like air chief NOOR KHAN who gave us upper hand over Indians till mid 90s we are getting behind

Don't agree with you horses for courses

How in world do you see it can challenge SU 30 which has double the range and power before our JF 17 seas it it has fired a missile on thunder

Talks are easy most of these PAF guys in 99 kargil war thumping their chest with similar slogans that you will see if and IAF jet comes we kick it

Result shows PAF has not played any role they were behind iaf in terms of tech not having BVR shows how neglect mindset they have not giving cover to Atlantique ASW again failure

US Navy seals stormed at abbotabad not a single PAF jet scrambled

PAF lacked alot in buying atleast high altitude airdefence system

PAF opened programme JF 17 to replace old 450 jets but now they are getting 150 thunders

PAF opened thunder project saying us not selling F16 we need something closer the F 16 capabilities but yet again they buying sanctioned prone F 16 blunder

PAF now have two potent single engine jet why mirage jet now it just make no sense

Bottom line is if PAF continue this type of negligence than GOD help us either lower their budget pass on Pakistan Navy they need more than these useless thinkers

I'm Pakistani and it is my right to criticise for the betterment

I don't have any enemy ship with PAF but their history shows me they deserve a criticism not showing professionalism to job given by nation

Dear Super Falcon, elegantly put.

However, the used F16 would be needing replacement say in 2030. What then?

Is there a practical PAF roadmap?

Or they being reactive... just would like to understand the big picture.

Would it not be wise to go for local production of a replacement fighter sooner than later.

Used f16 can hold the dam for a while.

By breaking dependence your good country can become much more potent.

Why not invest today whatever little resources there are into a long term plan as well.

Instead of buying su35 for billions in smaller numbers... build locally with JVs with China and others your own platforms.

Might take five years for a mid tier platform to emerge. JF experience must not be lost.

Would be a national misfortune.

J31 is also waiting in the wings as well.

To whom your PAF answers?

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Your insights would be educational.

thanks.

I think you exagretted the numbers a lot.

I usually stay away from defence equipment and technology related topics.
What we need is someone or few to buy 'gherat' from somewhere.
  • Does anyone fathom the dark days ahead? Can no one forsee systematic net being employed against Pakistan?
  • Does anyone worry we will be squeezed for water very soon and that we need to build dams at every inch we can find, pre empt this shortage and employ alternative irrigation techniques.
  • Is there anyone with enough guts to acknowledge the elephant in the room and do something about to the teeth corrupt elements ruling as well as amongst us, whose greed eventually leads them to sedition and being enemy to state. Do we see the state of our Justice system? Useless bunch of daily wagers?
  • When do we start taxing those who deserve to be taxed before anyone else? When is our tax base cease to be based on salaried blue collared? Do we know effecient FBR, NAB and good agriculture can single handedly provide us with enough economic resources to buy our Armed forces all the newer tools for our defence?
  • Do we understand a big chunk of our new generation is not in our schools.
  • Do we see our nation is physically and mentally getting weaker because of high prices of nutritious eatables. Most of the people cannot afford quality protein. Our heights and physiques are getting smaller?
  • Do we realise our media is dividing us rather than uniting us. It is acting as 5th coloumn?
I think these questions are atleast in my limited understanding more important. Rest assured no Rafale or MKI is heading our skies anytime soon. G3 will be replaced with something better, CPEC is a game changer no doubt and Indians will be Indians, they won't convert to being Pakistanis with logic and preaching.

Regards.

as you mendtioned in your post first line
" I usually stay away from defence equipment and technology related topics."
Bhhai what are you doing in Pakistan Defence Forum , you can join Pakistan Affairs Forum or Start new thread at Pakistan Affairs section.

What we need is someone or few to buy 'gherat' from somewhere.
  • Does anyone fathom the dark days ahead? Can no one forsee systematic net being employed against Pakistan?
  • Does anyone worry we will be squeezed for water very soon and that we need to build dams at every inch we can find, pre empt this shortage and employ alternative irrigation techniques.
  • Is there anyone with enough guts to acknowledge the elephant in the room and do something about to the teeth corrupt elements ruling as well as amongst us, whose greed eventually leads them to sedition and being enemy to state. Do we see the state of our Justice system? Useless bunch of daily wagers?
  • When do we start taxing those who deserve to be taxed before anyone else? When is our tax base cease to be based on salaried blue collared? Do we know effecient FBR, NAB and good agriculture can single handedly provide us with enough economic resources to buy our Armed forces all the newer tools for our defence?
  • Do we understand a big chunk of our new generation is not in our schools.
  • Do we see our nation is physically and mentally getting weaker because of high prices of nutritious eatables. Most of the people cannot afford quality protein. Our heights and physiques are getting smaller?
  • Do we realise our media is dividing us rather than uniting us. It is acting as 5th coloumn?
I think these questions are atleast in my limited understanding more important. Rest assured no Rafale or MKI is heading our skies anytime soon. G3 will be replaced with something better, CPEC is a game changer no doubt and Indians will be Indians, they won't convert to being Pakistanis with logic and preaching.

Regards.
Totally agree

as you mendtioned in your post first line
" I usually stay away from defence equipment and technology related topics."
Bhhai what are you doing in Pakistan Defence Forum , you can join Pakistan Affairs Forum or Start new thread at Pakistan Affairs section.
Jee bilkul theek

Dear Super Falcon, elegantly put.

However, the used F16 would be needing replacement say in 2030. What then?

Is there a practical PAF roadmap?

Or they being reactive... just would like to understand the big picture.

Would it not be wise to go for local production of a replacement fighter sooner than later.

Used f16 can hold the dam for a while.

By breaking dependence your good country can become much more potent.

Why not invest today whatever little resources there are into a long term plan as well.

Instead of buying su35 for billions in smaller numbers... build locally with JVs with China and others your own platforms.

Might take five years for a mid tier platform to emerge. JF experience must not be lost.

Would be a national misfortune.

J31 is also waiting in the wings as well.

To whom your PAF answers?

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Your insights would be educational.

thanks.
From what PAF did in last 2 decades, i can surely say that PAF only focus about current situation and how to handle it..

and in 2030, no. will be downsized between 15-20 sqds.. after that there is possibility that sqd will be increased..

No doubt JF-17 is turning out to be a really good platform something that most African and certain Middle Eastern and Asian airforces look for and will find attractive.

However in reality you just don't need a good platform you need a strong diplomacy that can withstand and veto pressures from others. What happened in Sri Lanka's case, JFT immediately faced pressure from Tejas and India and Sri Lankans backed off. Next thing you need is a strong industrial base (like China) that can turn out at least a jet per week if we are to meet the demands. As for now we are slow just to meet our own needs leave aside exports.

Just a question, if we get an order of 24 JF-17 Block 1 from a country in what time will we be able to supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom