What's new

Why not an indigenous Pakistani jet engine?

arabs will never help us buddy they are way too much under the influence of the US!!!

those petro dollars are not coming the worse thing about pakistanis nowadays is that we don't want to work we just want things to be handed over to us!!!! why not work for a change and make our economy strong!!!!

why not work for a change and make our economy strong!!!!

I agree, and a high-tech industrial base would be good for Pakistan regardless of whether we make a jet engine. I was hoping we could get the Arabs to provide seed money. Once our technological base reaches the point of self-sufficiency/export capability, it will start paying for itself.

The advantages from a high-tech program like jet engine or space launch vehicle development are the technological offshoots that develop along the way.

I was reading somewhere that the Pakistan sports goods industry, where we used to rule, has been losing ground because we lack capability in new composite materials.

Well, as far as money goes, we need a smooth talker who can charm some of those petro$$$ off the Arabs to fund an 'Islamic' technology base, immune to Western blackmail.

We (and other Muslim countries) can provide the brains. We just need the $$$.

Let me help you in that department Pakistan has a better chance of getting Money from india then Any Arab nation.

I just do not get these people with access to all information out there yet they still live in I LOVE ARABS land.

(Revenue isnt the problem people collecting is taxes are applied to things but tax collecters collect revenue for them self and useally nothing for CBR)

Do you guys even hear yourselves?! "Smooth talk the arabs"? ......beg?! Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Neither china nor india begged the world to fund their projects. This is certainly not the right way to look at this. I know nothing of china but i know how my country beat the odds.

Space program- The scientists used bicycles....BICYCLES! to transport their first project. They messed around with primitive every day technology to build what we have today. Everyone laughed at india then. Now ISRO is a pioneer in developing cutting edge space technology.

I request you to read the book "wings of fire" by A.P.J Abdul Kalam. This is a truly inspirational book. You will not regret reading it.

R & D!!!! time and money! engines in some cases take longer to make then planes!

I think the first we ever produce an engine, we will have Chinese support, maybe after that it can be truly indigenous.

It is impossible given Pakistan's current development level to manufacture an engine. Even China, light years ahead of us is struggling to make an indigenous engine, I dont think it is possible and unnecessary.
Araz

Combining Pakistan and China's effort, building an engine is not impossible !

For Pakistan anything can be possible in long term. How ever first of all it needs a sound economy having a large base of Forex reserves to invest in . Secondly Pakistan still have to go a long way to be near to an industrialized economy from current semi-industrialized nation. So need to develop more highly skilled manpower as HEC going right now in right direction (Although politics has already started to destroy it also). Moreover Pakistan must strat to involve in making components of aero engines as it is already doing for boeing for other parts.
Lastly Pakistan needs a patriotic govt with sound vision to make it a self reliant nation in high technology areas as it is happening in Malaysia or Turkey or to some extent in Iran.

In short term I don't hope that any Islamic minded leadership will emerge in Saudi Arabia or UAE etc who will be willing to work for the cause of Islam or Muslim Ummah and will combine their petro dollars with the highly skilled brain of other muslim nations to to make strides in high technology areas and get rid of the western blackmailing.

Why develop your own jet engine when China is always willing to share the technology ?
In Pakistan's current situation those man hours would be better invested elsewhere.

India needs to develop it's own engines because in the long run we wont be getting free/reliable tech anymore and India is a different kind of player in the world game.

Why develop your own jet engine when China is always willing to share the technology ?
In Pakistan's current situation those man hours would be better invested elsewhere.

India needs to develop it's own engines because in the long run we wont be getting free/reliable tech anymore and India is a different kind of player in the world game.

B.S. India will always get FREE tech from Uncle SAM and Russia.

B.S. India will always get FREE tech from Uncle SAM and Russia.

What Avatar is saying is that Pakistan has better options available ie. China rather than wasting time developing a new jet engine from scratch.

Do you guys even hear yourselves?! "Smooth talk the arabs"? ......beg?! Seriously, what is wrong with you people? Neither china nor india begged the world to fund their projects. This is certainly not the right way to look at this. I know nothing of china but i know how my country beat the odds.

Good post! Such is the situation in Pakistan that some of our people are looking to Arabs for help when they can't even help themselves. *facepalm*

We should start preliminary research now, and a low-level design project.

We can accelerate this as funds become available.

Back
Top Bottom