What's new

why is denying the holocaust against the law?

Problem with Blasphemy Laws is that one persons Faith is another persons Blasphemy.
Both the Bible and the Quran will have to be banned if Blasphemy laws are not biased.
Don't think that will go down well in all corners of the Earth, so I am against it.

I think a mental hospital is more appropriate.
what ever is appropriate should be up to the judge i guess.
so what is your reasoning on supporting these dark age laws?

Has the West put millions of Muslims in camps and put them to death there? Name one incident were West has put one million Muslims in prison camps and killed them there.

They have not given Muslims this facility, they just killed them depriving food and basic needs (Iraq), go read history since WW-II til till now, and you will know that Muslims having no affiliation with WW-2 have suffered more then any other.

Well it probably depends on your intention, how hard you tried to convey your message, your past criminal records etc etc but 15 months is unlikely... very unlikely if its your first time.

these are the punishments for denying the holocaust according to the wikipage.

DateNameCountrySentence
(various)Jean-Marie Le PenFrance, Germanyfines[55]
Feb. 27, 1998Roger GaraudyFranceimprisonment (suspended), ₣240,000 fine[56]
Jul. 21, 1998Jürgen GrafSwitzerland15 months' imprisonment (fled Switzerland to avoid sentence)[57]
Jul. 21, 1998Gerhard FörsterSwitzerland12 months' imprisonment, disgorgement[58]
April 8, 1999Fredrick TöbenAustralia7 months' imprisonment Mannheim, Germany - retrial - 2011 indefinitely stayed by judge Dr Meinerzhagen. October 1 - November 19, 2008, London, extradition to Mannheim, Germany, on European Arrest Warrant issued by Germany, failed. August 15 - November 12, 2009, Adelaide, Australia - for contempt of court because he refused to stop questioning the Holocaust's 3 basics: 6 million, systematic state extermination, gas chambers as murder weapon.
May 27, 1999Jean PlantinFrance6 months' imprisonment (suspended), fine, damages[59]
Apr. 11, 2000Gaston-Armand AmaudruzSwitzerland1 year imprisonment, damages[60]
Feb. 20, 2006David IrvingAustria1 year imprisonment[61]
Mar. 15, 2006Germar RudolfGermany2½ years' imprisonment[62]
Oct. 3, 2006Robert FaurissonFrance€7,500 fine, 3 months' probation[63]
Feb. 15, 2007Ernst ZündelGermany5 years' imprisonment[64]
Jan. 14, 2008Wolfgang FröhlichAustria6 years' imprisonment (third offence)[65]
Jan. 15, 2008Sylvia StolzGermany3½ years' imprisonment[66]
Mar. 11, 2009Horst MahlerGermany5 years' imprisonment[67]
Oct. 23, 2009Dirk ZimmermanGermany9 months' imprisonment[68]
Oct. 27, 2009Richard WilliamsonGermany€12,000 fine[69] [later overturned]
Jan. 31, 2013Gyorgy NagyHungary18-month suspended jail sentence [70]

That way too harsh.

You have to openly announce this to get it serious trouble... like stating it infront of a larger group of people. (And that would be the intentional spreading of false and anti democratic information which I meant earlier)

Somebody who just talks such trash randomly will hardly be charged for anything.
However, when Muslims say that....someone opnely announce something to get into serious trouble and say does...why is a different answer or different tactic resorted to them?

Has the West put millions of Muslims in camps and put them to death there? Name one incident were West has put one million Muslims in prison camps and killed them there.
No but its worse...with land invasion to cutting supply chain to even cutting medical assistance! It is equal to killing them only slowly as compared to gas chambers..Oh and we still have the famous guantanamo prison camp

August 15 - November 12, 2009, Adelaide, Australia - for contempt of court because he refused to stop questioning the Holocaust's 3 basics: 6 million, systematic state extermination, gas chambers as murder weapon.
What happened to Australia?

(various)Jean-Marie Le PenFrance, Germanyfines[55]
Feb. 27, 1998Roger GaraudyFranceimprisonment (suspended), ₣240,000 fine[56]

May 27, 1999Jean PlantinFrance6 months' imprisonment (suspended), fine, damages[59]

France just likes stupid laws...nothing new there!

an. 31, 2013Gyorgy NagyHungary18-month suspended jail sentence [70]
Hungary?! :unsure:

@qamar1990 : You are right, nobody should be punished for saying that the holocaust never happened. Craziness is not a crime. And free speech should be applicable for everything, especially to ideas we don't agree with.

BTW there are some prominent holocaust deniers in the USA who have made a fat living out of it.

However, when Muslims say that....someone opnely announce something to get into serious trouble and say does...why is a different answer or different tactic resorted to them?

No but its worse...with land invasion to cutting supply chain to even cutting medical assistance! It is equal to killing them only slowly as compared to gas chambers..Oh and we still have the famous guantanamo prison camp

What happened to Australia?

France just likes stupid laws...nothing new there!

Hungary?! :unsure:
i can't believe there is people who are supporting these laws lol.
I'm putting them on a special list of mine for future reference.

@qamar1990 : You are right, nobody should be punished for saying that the holocaust never happened. Craziness is not a crime. And free speech should be applicable for everything, especially to ideas we don't agree with.

BTW there are some prominent holocaust deniers in the USA who have made a fat living out of it.
america truly is a land of the free you won't find no backward laws here.

Freedom of speech is guaranteed within the framework of societal conscience, not at the expense of it.
I would love to hear that on an Islamic or Pakistani related thread

Yes, as implemented in Europe a murderer can say that, if you want to stop views about holocaust then more people have died after WW-II it should be implemented to all, not on just one holocaust. Did you forget all wars in which west have killed millions of people and they deny it.
This is a question no one wants to ask...wonder why?

who the hell are you again?
@WebMaster ip address check on this guy
@Aeronaut perhaps using fake flags.
What did he say that was so shocking to you? Isn't he right, that there hasn't been a holocaust against muslims, like the one that Europe did against the jews?

I agree with you on this.

Denying or questioning the holocaust should not be made illegal. It is a bad move.

We give someone the right to deny that 2+2 equals 4 do we not. It still remains a fact that 2+2 does equal 4. Similarly because some nut jobs deny the holocaust, does not mean that their freedom to deny or question the holocaust is taken away. That is wrong. The best way is to show them facts.

Though off topic: @500 , could you give us an understanding of why anti-semitism exists at all ? I mean the why have both historically Europeans and Arabs/Muslims till date have this aversion to Jews? Muslims to some extent I can understand because if their holy book says 'jews are your biggest enemy', most Muslims will blindly start hating jews for that reason alone. But Europeans are by and large thinking and educated people.

In India, we simply don't have any concept of anti-semitism. Most of us are not even aware that some people are against the Jews. And so we don't quite get the reason for it. The Jews of India have been welcomed and treated as our own for hundreds of years. They have been assets to India and India is a better place for having Jews as part of our society. Its the same for Parsis(Zoroastrians), we welcomed them when they were persecuted by Arabs and our society is richer(and I don't mean in monetary terms) for having them with us.

Last edited:
i can't believe there is people who are supporting these laws lol.
I'm putting them on a special list of mine for future reference.

america truly is a land of the free you won't find no backward laws here.
You have no idea how people selectively switch on and off some of their switches! hypocrisy + double face!

What did he say that was so shocking to you? Isn't he right, that there hasn't been a holocaust against muslims, like the one that Europe did against the jews?
i just want to make sure…
its not shocking but i would at least like an proper argument.
forget muslims.
this thread has nothing to do with muslims or hindus or what ever.
its about these laws.

so anybody who wants to post here should make 1 of 2 arguments

why these laws should stay…
or
why they should be removed...

And it becomes interesting:
We give someone the right to deny that 2+2 equals 4 do we not. It still remains a fact that 2+2 does equal 4. Similarly because some nut jobs deny the holocaust, does not mean that their freedom to deny or question the holocaust is taken away.
Yea but when you are fined and sent to jail it is murder of freedom of speech!

Not my fault if you haven't already. Where have you seen me display a jaundiced attitude towards Islam?
I will let you know when I do :tup:

Back
Top Bottom