What's new

Why i'm not afraid of General Raheel's popularity graph.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Afraid of his popularity graph? - You need some soul searching.

Written by Horus from team Pakistan Defence.

news-1441442150-4244_large.jpg

Well, its good to be Raheel Sharif, lets just face it, he is the most popular figure in Pakistan right now exemplified rightly by the #ThankYouRaheelSharif storm on Pakistani social media. People love him, soldiers would die for him, hujjaj pray for him in the house of God the Ka'aba & all the youth wants (boys and girls alike) is just to be him. Envious yet? - sure you should be, but it comes at a cost.

Recently i have been reading a torrent of half baked / intellectually dishonest & self defeating, border line oxymoronic commentary from YAWN (Oops, i mean DAWN) news outlet by a tiny bunch of exclusive fasadi liberals about the 'threat' posed by the public popularity of General Raheel Sharif to the spanking new, totally functional and utterly awesome Jamhooriyat. Some said its a 'threat to jamhooriyat', others are concerned about Pakistani truck drivers decorating their vehicles with the portraits of GRS & the rest are worried about the #ThankYouRaheelSharif bill boards popping up from Karachi to Lahore & all the way to Dera Bugti - blah!

For a moment i almost fell for the carefully crafted narrative but then i dug deeper & saw some other motives. The PM is by no means weak, actually PM Nawaz Sharif beats the previous Govt by a wide margin. His performance may not be what we all desire but you must admit that he's been quite successful with creating a bridge between various state institutions and political parties and has brought the biggest single foreign direct investment in our nation's history. CPEC is the biggest infrastructure project in Pakistan's history and PM has not only made it happen but will see its completion through. Not to forget that the PM rejected the GCC's demand to involve Pakistan into the war in Yemen which was a major foreign policy decision to say the least.

Then comes the fasadi liberal argument of Army blocking PM's overtures to India. Well, this argument is just outstandingly bogus because the falling apart of India-Pakistan ties has everything to do with Modi's Hindu nationalist agenda to isolate Pakistan. Army fully backed PM's visit to Modi's swearing in ceremony all the way to the failed rapprochement at Ufa. To say that the GHQ is pulling the PM back is an insult to our intellect because all evidence suggests against it.

Then comes the bill boards of GRS popping up all over the country, his portraits painted on the trucks and expensive cars being presented as a 'Khatraa to Jamhooriyat'. The very oxymoronic nature of this argument aside, there is simply zero evidence to suggest that any of this presents any threat to the Jamhooriyat. GRS is popular because he DELIVERS what he promises, because he oversaw the largest security operation in nation's history with great success, he leads from the front and has restored confidence among the youth in nation's trajectory.

In my opinion the whole commentary at YAWN news & its international allies has one objective. Its to subvert the office of the Prime Minister by making him look weak in the public eye, hence creating a civil military clash. Some powers which can't see Pakistan headed in the right direction clearly want to see the functional and pragmatic civil military partnership in the country in shreds.

Pakistan is at war - yes - wake up and smell the coffee - we ARE at war and when nations are at war, you must look out for those who want to subvert your unity and will to defeat your enemy. These fasadi liberals using their elitist media are currently busy subverting the office of the Prime Minster and carrying out a baseless campaign of disinformative propaganda against the armed forces at the time of crisis. Can they claim to have the best intentions at heart for the country? - i doubt that.

The old cliche word for these elements is 'traitors' but i won't use it because i would be called a 'jingoist'. I probably am, maybe i am not, i am just an ordinary Pakistani who has enough foresight to see who is for & who is against the country & so should you. The message is simple, if you want to be GRS - DELIVER on your job and watch the people follow you. As the good old saying goes, 'put up or shut up'.

Best Regards - SHARE - TAG.

I think it is somewhat simpler than all that. Nawas Sherieff knows what happens if he protests against any military venture or interest. He really doesn't want to be coup'ed upon like last time because it is very unlikely that he can survive and get shelter from KSA as happened then. So he just acts the PM and not really protest and thus this is a super-efficient coup where the power remains with the military but is exercised in the name of the PM.

But that's probably ok. If GRS is a smarter and effective leader than NS, why not. May be once he retires GRS can contest as a civilian and become PM. Pakistan has long suffered without a charismatic leader (Imran had the charisma but made too many mistakes)

We need a mellow civilian leader who is aware of the challenges country faces. MNS is a bit of a lame duck, someone with his patience and a bit of charisma would cut it.

I think it is somewhat simpler than all that. Nawas Sherieff knows what happens if he protests against any military venture or interest. He really doesn't want to be coup'ed upon like last time because it is very unlikely that he can survive and get shelter from KSA as happened then. So he just acts the PM and not really protest and thus this is a super-efficient coup where the power remains with the military but is exercised in the name of the PM.

But that's probably ok. If GRS is a smarter and effective leader than NS, why not. May be once he retires GRS can contest as a civilian and become PM. Pakistan has long suffered without a charismatic leader (Imran had the charisma but made too many mistakes)

Afraid of his popularity graph? - You need some soul searching.
Written by Horus from team Pakistan Defence.

Well, its good to be Raheel Sharif, lets just face it, he is the most popular figure in Pakistan right now exemplified rightly by the #ThankYouRaheelSharif storm on Pakistani social media. People love him, soldiers would die for him, hujjaj pray for him in the house of God the Ka'aba & all the youth wants (boys and girls alike) is just to be him. Envious yet? - sure you should be, but it comes at a cost.

For a moment i almost fell for the carefully crafted narrative but then i dug deeper & saw some other motives. The PM is by no means weak, actually PM Nawaz Sharif beats the previous Govt by a wide margin. His performance may not be what we all desire but you must admit that he's been quite successful with creating a bridge between various state institutions and political parties and has brought the biggest single foreign direct investment in our nation's history. CPEC is the biggest infrastructure project in Pakistan's history and PM has not only made it happen but will see its completion through. Not to forget that the PM rejected the GCC's demand to involve Pakistan into the war in Yemen which was a major foreign policy decision to say the least.

Aero - Great writing, two thumbs up :tup::tup:. You hit it right on the head, the Yawn group and ARY are both corrupt. I personally know ARY guys, Lick-Man used to black mail industrialist in their parties with Alcohol and Women. He went from a small bike to a Mercedes Benz. So unfortunately, the journalism is corrupt in Pakistan, or majority of it is.

But the core of ALL issues....is Pakistan's stability and growth as a nation and as a powerful country. And it needs leaders. For all intensive purposes, it has, at this time, the most sincere leadership it needed. To your point, do I think NS will deliver everything? Not going to happen. No one's a superman. But will he deliver 80%, including the CPEC and fixing the electricity issue??

Absolutely, if the system continues. And that's all you need to transform Pakistan into an advanced country with soon to be a much faster growing economy.

NS needed stability and safety. General Raheel went out of his way and delivered it through a barrage of operations done so swiftly and coordinated that this was the second military operation post the US military's recent operations that I am proud of. Very, very professionally done. While maintaining serious balance of power focused towards India. Kiyani and Mushi couldn't do it. I remember, in Mushy's time, every time the US needed more soldiers from the Pakistani side to help, Mushy had to move large contingents off the border with India. Some of that was real, some was drama but there was definitely struggle how to keep a decent balance.

But Raheel Shariff has kept that balance extremely well and very smoothly. A leader isn't the one who panics and gets emotional under stressful situations, destroys the country's image or spreads negativity, (which is why I don't call Mushy, IK and Zardai leaders), but to the majority of the degree, Gen. Raheel and NS have that, both maintain cool heads, low profile, focus on things needing done and and deal with the situation in a manner that provides the expected results, and still keeps things very positive for the nation and avoids extra or unnecessary conflicts.

So his popularity is justified. He's done an amazing job. I've said it many times, if Pakistan had a couple of more Raheel Shariffs, it would've been at a different level as he's anti military rule and wants a civilian system to take place. He's probably the first general who wants to see a civilian, political system becoming stronger, as he gets it. Military is a branch of the system. Not the entire system by itself. He's working with the PM hand in hand, both taking care of things that come into their area of responsibilities, and resulting in setting future goals for growth and stability of Pakistan.

Everyone with negative mentality or propaganda, power stealing mentality and cheap politics can really cry alligator tears away :enjoy:

PPP study circle is the propaganda machine against military....... they are creating stupid reasons to malign military and they want to provoke NS against GRS.......Reason is ranger operation against corrupt mafias....... they want to protect black money and gangs
Of Asif Zardari ............Political workers of pppp are busy on social media against GRS....................... I think yawn and fasaadi liberals are sympathizers of Zardari........who looted this country

You are mistaken there. Unlike the popular fan boy or military lovers belief, NS told RS directly in one on one when IK started his sit in that his resignation or leaving of any sort was off the table. He also said that if this time he would be forced out, his voters will be on the streets. And trust me, he has the largest voting bank, and the military also knows that toppling him two times still brought him in. This time, toppling him would mean something entirely different.

Those not remembering the real people's power, should remember when he decided to jump in for the Chief Justice's reinstatement. We were watching that event as a team and many said, Mushy's about to go down. That's what happened and the army chief called him and told him the CJ will be reinstated. NS was ONLY 40-50 miles away from his house after all day's travel. Don't underestimate the power of millions who brought them in.

NS, unlike IK, is a lot more mature, he's not violent or stupid either. And he believes in consensus. Which is why he's low key, actually a good thing for Pakistan as all "hi key" people like Mushy and Zardari couldn't make sweet bread for their nation,let alone turning the economy around.

In India, Modi is also low key and so was Mr. Singh. You need leaders like these, who are low key, cool headed and make the right decisions and people inside and across the globe listen to them. Not an emotional fool, who, on every small thing curses others out, puts his country on collision path and damages the country's reputation everywhere.

The Pak military's interest and the civilian government's interest right now are the same, it is to stabilize Pakistan forever and put her on the growth path. Take out all Indian elements causing destruction in Pakistan on daily basis!! And RS has done an awesome job in tackling it, two thumbs up for Gen. Raheel :tup::tup:

@Viper0011.

Actually Mushy was sabotaged by India successfully. It all comes down to Pakistanis as to how they handled the aftermath of 9/11.

The media created a frenzy and the Pakistanis got lost in who did 9/11 rather than protect their 12 and 6.

Pakistanis are of a mindset that if you don't slap the hard for a couple of time---they don't think that you are serious----. So---the Pakistanis basically wanted Mushy to say no---U S to slap them a couple of times and then they would say yes----not realizing that the U S was not in a mood to slap but in a mood to smash.

A good nation would have stood behind Mushy.

What the military did not comprehend was that India would not accept this change in status quo---they will create a drama to divert the attention---so they staged the parliament attack---brought their troops to the frontline---and the Pakistani commitment to war against terror faltered right away.

And for this---the blame falls on the Pakistani media and the Pakistani citizens.

Hey Viper---what group of alphabets you use with your name!

You are mistaken there. Unlike the popular fan boy or military lovers belief, NS told RS directly in one on one when IK started his sit in that his resignation or leaving of any sort was off the table. He also said that if this time he would be forced out, his voters will be on the streets. And trust me, he has the largest voting bank, and the military also knows that toppling him two times still brought him in. This time, toppling him would mean something entirely different.

Those not remembering the real people's power, should remember when he decided to jump in for the Chief Justice's reinstatement. We were watching that event as a team and many said, Mushy's about to go down. That's what happened and the army chief called him and told him the CJ will be reinstated. NS was ONLY 40-50 miles away from his house after all day's travel. Don't underestimate the power of millions who brought them in.

NS, unlike IK, is a lot more mature, he's not violent or stupid either. And he believes in consensus. Which is why he's low key, actually a good thing for Pakistan as all "hi key" people like Mushy and Zardari couldn't make sweet bread for their nation,let alone turning the economy around.

In India, Modi is also low key and so was Mr. Singh. You need leaders like these, who are low key, cool headed and make the right decisions and people inside and across the globe listen to them. Not an emotional fool, who, on every small thing curses others out, puts his country on collision path and damages the country's reputation everywhere.

The Pak military's interest and the civilian government's interest right now are the same, it is to stabilize Pakistan forever and put her on the growth path. Take out all Indian elements causing destruction in Pakistan on daily basis!! And RS has done an awesome job in tackling it, two thumbs up for Gen. Raheel :tup::tup:

it is difficult to distinguish between diffidence borne of failures and controlled low key. But I do grant you the point about NS bouncing back after being pushed down before, so he is not a dud. Manmohan Singh was more or less a dud with rare sparks of life. As to the 'Indian elements' part, I'll ignore that as the usual and customary reflex that most Pakistanis have whenever something bothers them.

As to the 'Indian elements' part, I'll ignore that as the usual and customary reflex that most Pakistanis have whenever something bothers them.

So what I am getting from your conversation above is, Pakistan doesn't do anything in Kashmir and India doesn't do anything in Sindh and Baluchistan? Yes? If you agree and other Indians agree, we don't have to repeat it. The world peace can be achievable!!!

And one doesn't have to be a Pakistani to know the truth or write the truth. Just a reminder.

So what I am getting from your conversation above is, Pakistan doesn't do anything in Kashmir and India doesn't do anything in Sindh and Baluchistan? Yes? If you agree and other Indians agree, we don't have to repeat it. The world peace can be achievable!!!

And one doesn't have to be a Pakistani to know the truth or write the truth. Just a reminder.

how do you get ANY of that from this conversation? I haven't made ANY reference to any of those areas. I am glad to give you my opinion on those if you like but that will likely start a major diversion which doesn't help this thread. Let's do that another day when I my bottle is half full.

Well Nawaz Shariff has a history of not having good working realtions and picking rivaliries. He is actually a dictator. He could not work with President Ishaaq Khan, Benazir, Chief Justice Nassem, Prsedent Lagahari, Chaudry Shujaat, Chaudry, Pervez, Chief of Army staff Asif Janjua, COAS Kakar, COAS Karamat, COAS Musharaf. For argument sake if you do blame Army but why others. COAS Karamat was a Gentleman. Nawaz Sharif just takes care of family and Kashmiri friends and he trust them only. He wanted to remove Musharaf and Lt. General Butt (another Kashmiri) was to become COAS. His corruption in motorway and Yellow cab scheme has been eclipsed due to Zardari and MQM deeds. So before you praise him please mention or check these points too. As for Pakistani people they are emotional and lack political maturity and current form of democracy is causing more harm than good. Presidential system might have worked but ZA Bhutto in 1973 gave a system in a hurry without assessing the ground realities. This was also his way to assure long term rule in Pakistan.

@Viper0011.

Actually Mushy was sabotaged by India successfully. It all comes down to Pakistanis as to how they handled the aftermath of 9/11.

The media created a frenzy and the Pakistanis got lost in who did 9/11 rather than protect their 12 and 6.

Pakistanis are of a mindset that if you don't slap the hard for a couple of time---they don't think that you are serious----. So---the Pakistanis basically wanted Mushy to say no---U S to slap them a couple of times and then they would say yes----not realizing that the U S was not in a mood to slap but in a mood to smash.

A good nation would have stood behind Mushy.

What the military did not comprehend was that India would not accept this change in status quo---they will create a drama to divert the attention---so they staged the parliament attack---brought their troops to the frontline---and the Pakistani commitment to war against terror faltered right away.

And for this---the blame falls on the Pakistani media and the Pakistani citizens.

Hey Viper---what group of alphabets you use with your name!

I am not sure if I follow all the way!!! Mushy's saying yes or no has nothing to do with the argument that he broke the constitution and all the mess he made for the next 10 years. I am not sure I know or care about his nation not supporting him. I know he didn't support his own country the second he broke the constitution and dragged judges out of the supreme court and all.
Now to post 9/11, he should have AT LEAST, get more aid and pay off all the debt. That was his responsibility. But he didn't negotiate. If NS or even Zardari was there, the result would be different.

They would STILL say yes as there was no other way. But they would also say it in a language that the US knows the best and appreciates. That would be, "Yes, we are with you and we'll support you. However, please realize we have to get votes the next time too. Let us rally up support for you and pass it through our parliament in 3-4 weeks so its all legit. And by the way, we REALLY want to eliminate this radicalism and terrorism from our country too and want Pakistan to grow. Would you be able to help us as a partner and pay off our debt to return the favor, so that our future generations have a better future and they can become free of this terrorism evil as they'll be busy with business, professional work and all. We really need your help with this, and we are with the American people and ready to help you combat this terrorism mania!!!"

A general isn't trained to think like this, nor do they understand the economy, debt, ratios and all. Imagine a Car mechanic in a hospital's ER, trying to operate on a Cardiac patient's heart!!! Or a Doctor trying to fix a car's engine with a blown gas kit!!! Both will fail as they have NO idea about the other one's expertise. Same rule applies here. That's what I was referring to.

Gen. Raheel has that sense, he's gotten the idea on who actually grows the country and the economy, meaning strong defense and more advanced stuff for the military and better salaries. And he knows its the civilians. Not the generals or the Presi-Gens (my term for Generals wanting or have been Presidents of Pakistan). So at the end of the day, Pakistan will never go up if the Civilian rule isn't upheld. I know Mushy's son and him. Just like I've met IK a few times and it was fun. They are great people. BUT, they are NOT the right people for Pakistan. That's what matters.

I am not sure if I follow all the way!!! Mushy's saying yes or no has nothing to do with the argument that he broke the constitution and all the mess he made for the next 10 years. I am not sure I know or care about his nation not supporting him. I know he didn't support his own country the second he broke the constitution and dragged judges out of the supreme court and all.
Now to post 9/11, he should have AT LEAST, get more aid and pay off all the debt. That was his responsibility. But he didn't negotiate. If NS or even Zardari was there, the result would be different.

They would STILL say yes as there was no other way. But they would also say it in a language that the US knows the best and appreciates. That would be, "Yes, we are with you and we'll support you. However, please realize we have to get votes the next time too. Let us rally up support for you and pass it through our parliament in 3-4 weeks so its all legit. And by the way, we REALLY want to eliminate this radicalism and terrorism from our country too and want Pakistan to grow. Would you be able to help us as a partner and pay off our debt to return the favor, so that our future generations have a better future and they can become free of this terrorism evil as they'll be busy with business, professional work and all. We really need your help with this, and we are with the American people and ready to help you combat this terrorism mania!!!"

A general isn't trained to think like this, nor do they understand the economy, debt, ratios and all. Imagine a Car mechanic in a hospital's ER, trying to operate on a Cardiac patient's heart!!! Or a Doctor trying to fix a car's engine with a blown gas kit!!! Both will fail as they have NO idea about the other one's expertise. Same rule applies here. That's what I was referring to.

Gen. Raheel has that sense, he's gotten the idea on who actually grows the country and the economy, meaning strong defense and more advanced stuff for the military and better salaries. And he knows its the civilians. Not the generals or the Presi-Gens (my term for Generals wanting or have been Presidents of Pakistan). So at the end of the day, Pakistan will never go up if the Civilian rule isn't upheld. I know Mushy's son and him. Just like I've met IK a few times and it was fun. They are great people. BUT, they are NOT the right people for Pakistan. That's what matters.

Hi,

The problem that Mushy had was that he really knew how weak Pakistan military was after the sanction---and yes---he could not make the proverbial ' car deal '---he had the U S by the balljoints----. Generals should never make car deals. You did not answer the core question.

Back
Top Bottom