What's new

Why has India never questioned this?

fd24

Reaction score
Something thats been bugging me for months.
When the world cup was taking place India was playing South Africa and were completely thrashing them. All of a sudden a banned bookie a mr Pradeep Agarwal turned up in the changing room and the Indians lost their last 9 wickets for 25 runs subsequently losing the game.
Im utterly shocked that after being caught red handed in the changing rooms exchanging strong words with influential players the Indian authorities have swept this under the carpet. Now the whole team was involved. Why was their no enquiry and in fact a process involving sweeping these events under the carpet. I ask as a cricket supporter that it seems to my conclusions sadly the whole team was on the take. I rest my case.

Indian Cricket Team Involve in Match Fixing - YouTube

Somebody just explain why we played so goddamned badly in England? We managed to lose each and every match in England. How is that possible? Suddenly none of our greats were anywhere to be seen. The last match I remember seeing Sehwag play was against Bangladesh in the opening match of the WC. After that, he had some very mediocre matches and then vanished altogether. Sachin was of course doing very important things like giving finishing touches to his new home and so he could not play for the country. I understand that. What about Gambhir? His shoulders work just fine for the IPL but go broke when he has to represent the nation. And that greatly over hyped 'Punjab da munda' and Mr Unreliable, Yuvraj? Where was he hiding? Chasing skirts around the countryside maybe a good way to maintain one's fitness levels but why should injuries suffered during these activities be passed off as justification to miss out an international tour? Zaheer is our principle strike bowler? What a bloody joke. He plays one match and then is rested for the next five. Maybe his attention is needed elsewhere? We should give him time to finish his romantic missions and get married. He can then come back as an off spinner or something. Surely his aggressive fast bowling days are over and we do need an urgent replacement for Harbhajan who played his last great game in.......... Sorry I forgot when he last had a good game.

Why is the BCCI permitting this cruel joke to be inflicted on us Indians who love cricket so much? It is after all our money which pays these BCCI honchos. Please do not tell me that the English tour was just an aberration. World champs do not suffer such aberrations, not unless they are planning to become former world champs very soon.

Who cares?? We got the cup and thats what matters... :cheers:

haters will always hate..

btw, the whole thread looks like a conversation between Kaif, Bilal and Aryan :)

Somebody just explain why we played so goddamned badly in England? We managed to lose each and every match in England. How is that possible? Suddenly none of our greats were anywhere to be seen. The last match I remember seeing Sehwag play was against Bangladesh in the opening match of the WC. After that, he had some very mediocre matches and then vanished altogether. Sachin was of course doing very important things like giving finishing touches to his new home and so he could not play for the country. I understand that. What about Gambhir? His shoulders work just fine for the IPL but go broke when he has to represent the nation. And that greatly over hyped 'Punjab da munda' and Mr Unreliable, Yuvraj? Where was he hiding? Chasing skirts around the countryside maybe a good way to maintain one's fitness levels but why should injuries suffered during these activities be passed off as justification to miss out an international tour? Zaheer is our principle strike bowler? What a bloody joke. He plays one match and then is rested for the next five. Maybe his attention is needed elsewhere? We should give him time to finish his romantic missions and get married. He can then come back as an off spinner or something. Surely his aggressive fast bowling days are over and we do need an urgent replacement for Harbhajan who played his last great game in.......... Sorry I forgot when he last had a good game.

Why is the BCCI permitting this cruel joke to be inflicted on us Indians who love cricket so much? It is after all our money which pays these BCCI honchos. Please do not tell me that the English tour was just an aberration. World champs do not suffer such aberrations, not unless they are planning to become former world champs very soon.

With India there is a unique problem - too much money involved and its darn near impossible for there not to be corruption.

Can you imagine - millions and millions are flowing through cricket and gambling around cricket and there will be no corruption. But India's money also makes it too big a nut to crack. Pakistan's cheaters suck and are unprofessional and bad at it. They get caught. I feel India's cheaters will take a lot to fall and there isn't the same sort of drive in India against cheaters as there is in Pakistan.

With India there is a unique problem - too much money involved and its darn near impossible for there not to be corruption.

Can you imagine - millions and millions are flowing through cricket and gambling around cricket and there will be no corruption. But India's money also makes it too big a nut to crack. Pakistan's cheaters suck and are unprofessional and bad at it. They get caught. I feel India's cheaters will take a lot to fall and there isn't the same sort of drive in India against cheaters as there is in Pakistan.

LOL at that ... But you are right about the amount of money involved..

Something thats been bugging me for months.
When the world cup was taking place India was playing South Africa and were completely thrashing them. All of a sudden a banned bookie a mr Pradeep Agarwal turned up in the changing room and the Indians lost their last 9 wickets for 25 runs subsequently losing the game.
Im utterly shocked that after being caught red handed in the changing rooms exchanging strong words with influential players the Indian authorities have swept this under the carpet. Now the whole team was involved. Why was their no enquiry and in fact a process involving sweeping these events under the carpet. I ask as a cricket supporter that it seems to my conclusions sadly the whole team was on the take. I rest my case.

Indian Cricket Team Involve in Match Fixing - YouTube

brother,
can you please provide more news reports or videos on the incident?

Duh, Pakistanis cheat so Indians must be cheating on a larger scale; what sort of logic is that?

You mention that Indian Cricket has so much money so wheres the need for them to fix matches to win money, a couple of match winners get them tons in ad revenue never mind the BCCI paying the highest moolah out there.

We won two world cups in 4 years ffs, and some people are still trying hard to prove wee are fixers...unbelievable.:disagree:

If cheaters are winning us world cups who needs a drive against cheating.....Pakistanis can use their exceptional drive against fixers to maybe field a half-honest team sometime.

Remember falling of wickets like deck of cards...

Watch n decide

Last edited by a moderator:

Though uncomfortable to the core, for a cricket loving Indian the issues u talked about are the truth written in Red. I don't know about others but during our England tour, after each loss i stopped reading news papers for the fear of being drawn in to the sports column. Here on PDF thankfully there were threads but i didn't have the courage to look into them. It was like i was the one loosing there but our 'hero's' had no remorse or even semblance of shame in them .They kept loosing. I may have not cried, but the comments by Nasser Hussain and others hurt me very much. I was happy when Ganguly paid him in kind, but the damage is done. I still remember when we won the cup, i was going home and in train i was glued to mobile to hear the news. I was sad i couldn't be there at Hyderabad to enjoy with others with a beer. The whole country was blasting crackers. Where is that team??

What did i do to experience this humiliation? i think as an average Indian cricket fan it is my wrong that i let them become the only sporting heroes. May be i have to look up to and pray for some other sporting hero but is there any one?? A travesty.

Back
Top Bottom