What's new

Why Does the Muslim World Lag in Science?

Well European used Muslim knowledge and muslin dont use their knowledge ?

Saudi Arabia which is one of the Richest Country Dont have any Science Knowledge, Ne Muslim apart from Turkey Have any Sci Knowledge.

While other Civilization grows and Muslims always find other religion to blame. Even Brazil have more advance in S&T then Any Muslim Country.

Because everything they see though religion, while other keep separate.

I just can't stand this over-generation-ization. Can you say flame?

Why Does the Muslim World Lag in Science?
the reason are simple, muslims over involved in wars with brother religions ,but not concentrating on real black sheep all over who are real bad and
forgetting own religious pearls

Perhaps nother reason could be that we are plagued by those who reduces complex events and outcomes into a one line sentences - From Europe was built on "Muslim Sciences" (no mention that these inturn were built on Grek and other predecessors), to "Muslims make war on other religions", as if butter would not melt in mouths of the innocents wild eyed Muzlums made war on.

WHY DOES THE MUSLIM WORLD LAG IN SCIENCES - that is what the thread is about, not about living in past glory and not about Huntington for Dummies.:cheers::wave:

When we speak of Science - we must confront the philosophy of science, what has been and what is the philosophy of Science in the Muslim world (to the degree that such a world is a reality)? Of course answer this question we will have to deal with the question of epistemology - and here we will have arrived at, at least in my opinion, to the heart of the matter and a (I am persuaded) most convincing proposition which may satisfy this important question.

The reason is quite Obvious; We muslims have gone so far away from the actual teachings of our religion.

Almost everyone has mentioned about Dr. Abus Salam in their responses but hardly any one would know where the poor guy is buried. The tragedy is that on his grave stone where it was written "The first Muslim Noble Prize Winner Scientist" Our Mullah's made sure that the word Muslim be taken out of his grave stone. Now it says " The First ----- Noble Prize winner".

When he won the noble prize he begged Pakistani Government to let him establish his science university and laboritory in Pakistan but no one in the administration was even willing to acknowledge him. After Gen. Zia he tried his luck with both Benazir & Nawaz Sharif and both of them refused to even meet him in Pakistan.

This is what we do to our heroes, now you guys tell me how we can encourage others to follow their path.

It is really sad and tregic, but the bigger tragedy is the silence of the elite & educated lot. Dr. Martin Luther King had very well said:

At the End, We Might Forget the Words of Our Enimies - But We Wont Forget the Silence of Our Friends.

May Allah Almighty Gives us enough Courage to stand up against hypocrasy & Bigots.

Some say we are far away from teachings of faith, others say it is because we are too close to it. These should be examined in depth.

So, lets begin in the beginning - what is science?

What is the Ulema's view of science or knowledge? See, you cannot escape this question, what is the nature of knowledge? If, as our ulema assert that all knowledge is in Quran, what need of other "knowledge" or science?

If on the nature of science or knowledge our ulema assert that there is none worthy than religious knowledge, what then is the implication for other kinds of knowledge??

No, the answer is not to be found in too far or too close to religous faith, rather the answers can best be understood if we first agree as to the nature of knowledge.

Our religion orders to researching and learning. The Prophet of Islam Hz. Muhammed SAV says "If science is in China, you should go there..." in a hadis-i sherif.

Muslims must read and understand Kur'an-ı Kerim, must erase every third person between man and God. So science can grow in this secular environment.

Muslims should stop blind-fighting and found their strong economy and markets.

Muslims should support each other in financial, political and scientific fields.

Muslims should understand there is no vahiy anymore and last Messenger of God passed away. So God will not help us directly, anymore. We must educate people, must form social logic which will help us in worldly issues.

AlpErTunga

To do all these Muslims would have to examine the role that certain Ulema have taken upon themselves - once they were scohlars of great learning, today, most are against scholarly works and instead spend their time in politics and many in irregular war.

Where as once the voices of scholars were foremost in the pursuit of knowledge today they are in the forefront of promoting ignorance and hatred, particularly of women.

At least this is case in Pakistan. Islam seems to have become the not the Quran but the hundreds of thousands of baseless hadith trotted out to promote every kind of ignorance.

More and more the world of Muslims is becoming divided over the political and social role of these so called scholars, instead of uniting Muslims, these serve to divide because it helps them maintain their role as one eyed man in a country of the blind.

You pointed well dear muse;

I wanted to express your point while saying "...must erase every third person between man and God. So science can grow in this secular environment."

I see my religion superior according to this feature; Islam forbids "ruhbanism". In other words man links to his God directly with his soul. There can be no man between man and God. There is "ruhbanism" in Christianity and Europe was able to start the Rennaisance when they broke the strength of church over people.

Religionally there are you and God... And the link, the sentence of God is there, Holy Kur'an-ı Kerim. Do we need more, if we are not morons?

I could not agree more with you - but we have fallen in a deep hole, the majority of Muslims cannot read or write - and that direct link promised by Islam has fallen victim to every kind of charlatan posing as a religious scholar.

We, as Muslims cannot help each other to fix this problem quickly - it will take a long, long time and I am sure by that time, islam itself will have changed.

Foreign Policy magazine had a picture of a Cleric/scholar from turkiye on its front page as the most popular public intellectual, for us in Pakistan, it was a hope ful event, that the hate filled takfiri who fill our nighmares and our waking existence will awaken and think - but, it is a long shot, these evil scholars are awake, they know exactly what they are doing to us and so long as they get benefits, they will continue.

And this charlatans are famous for their words which say "you will be punished for these!!"... I am sure about whom i will see at the deepest point of cehennem...

Perhaps nother reason could be that we are plagued by those who reduces complex events and outcomes into a one line sentences - From Europe was built on "Muslim Sciences" (no mention that these inturn were built on Grek and other predecessors), to "Muslims make war on other religions", as if butter would not melt in mouths of the innocents wild eyed Muzlums made war on.

WHY DOES THE MUSLIM WORLD LAG IN SCIENCES - that is what the thread is about, not about living in past glory and not about Huntington for Dummies.:cheers::wave:

When we speak of Science - we must confront the philosophy of science, what has been and what is the philosophy of Science in the Muslim world (to the degree that such a world is a reality)? Of course answer this question we will have to deal with the question of epistemology - and here we will have arrived at, at least in my opinion, to the heart of the matter and a (I am persuaded) most convincing proposition which may satisfy this important question.
perhaps the biggest reason is that we never accept our mistakes, we muslims believe that we are always right and others always wrong,so no chance of self correction, what u do is what creates events which creates results,so we have to be good in our duties on truth side not just mad about religion and neglecting what is truth, remember all religions come from truth and nothing else so , truth first and religions second,so the thread should be why the world is still violent and doesnt turns to knowledge

perhaps the biggest reason is that we never accept our mistakes, we muslims believe that we are always right and others always wrong,so no chance of self correction, what u do is what creates events which creates results,so we have to be good in our duties on truth side not just mad about religion and neglecting what is truth, remember all religions come from truth and nothing else so , truth first and religions second,so the thread should be why the world is still violent and doesnt turns to knowledge

Hidden intention was speaking here before "Flag Changing Ceremony" :rofl:

Hidden intention was speaking here before "Flag Changing Ceremony" :rofl:
you missed the entire idea and kept on licking WE so the story of blinds continue....
Think about it,if you cant see yet,
I know its difficult for you, you havent done it since childhood

you missed the entire idea and kept on licking WE so the story of blinds continue....
Think about it,if you cant see yet,
I know its difficult for you, you havent done it since childhood

I will not stoop to your low level of personal attacks. :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom