What's new

Why do people believe that Western media is biased against Muslims?

Just check a few headlines from major western media channels. Reporting is very onesided, usually influenced by western doctrine.

I am also keen to know.

It maybe one-sided, but then is it just because of Osama Bin Laden's action on the WTC?

In Brigadier Richard E Simpkin's book, "Race to the Swift" as far back as 1985 said Islam is a threat to Western nations. Obviously, it was not solely his views.

It means that the western nations were already thinking on this lines based on their intelligence reports!

Sir I'll recommend a newly released movie called ' Paradise Now'.

Its about two palestinian brothers on their way to become suiside bombers.
The story is an eye opener, very revealing and for good reasons forbidden in Israel.

MrConcerned said:
Let's debate this and I hope to hear your opinions.

BBC always makes nodays a deliberate effort to use neutral language and opinion and so forth, so i would dispute that the entire western media is homogenous.

However U.S. media is biased whenever there is an issue involving disagreements with muslims or if Israel is in it. (and im ignoring Fox News which isnt News, its a joke).

Actually, I think most people in the media are downright stupid and dont know what they write.

Neo,

I do not see movies since my attention span very limited when viewing movies.

I rather have a book to read and then analyse.

Osama is a new phenonmenon in comparison to Brigadier Simpkin's assertion.

Now, if Brigadier Simpkins foresees Islamic terrorism and the rise of Islamic "resurgence" as far back as 1985, it surely means that there was a debate in the western circles well before it was put in print (1985).

I wonder if it was foreseen or was the international events so happening that it was indicating to this end?

Happening, or made to happen?

Or is it that the international circumstances were per force falling into place without any external nudges towards the rise of Islamic resurgence and Islamic fundamentalism?

sparten said:
Lets see we read whats writtem, hear whats said.

And we believe what we want to believe.

And that makes the world convert to a circus!

Well i have found the media coverage to be good and unbiased even CNN did a good job.But i think SkyNews was the best.

And to all those who says west is biased,have alook at al jazeera,they even blamed India for sending warships to evacuate Indian citizens,they wrere shouting what were hindu ships doing near Lebonon?They also said Lebonon is going to be invaded by NATO forces-when Israel said a intl force be ion place to enforce hizbullah dismantling.

Lebanon is a real mess now.

Unless something is done fast, it will become a real humanitarian crisis.

Hizbollah and the Israelis must realise this.

Salim said:
Hizbollah and the Israelis must realise this.

Hizbullah shud realise it,as it is happening to the very people whom they are fighting for.

Brig,
I don't believe anything anyone tells me, you forget my profession.

Back
Top Bottom