What's new

Why Bangladesh rocks and why it will for a long time. My perspective

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Nature
God blessed this country with so much of nature. It's extremely refreshing to see greens and rivers coming from a desert or highly urbanized country. I happen to have traveled to lots of countries. I still can't say anything quite like I can say about Bangladesh. According to me... skies of Bangladesh is just so beautiful. And that university campus area, My friends (Pakistanis mostly) admire in awe and praises about the beauty. All in all some people in this country might give you a hard time but the nature of this country will calm you like no other. The greeneries of Bangladesh is unmatched by most. Only India and Pakistan can rival it. And for obvious reasons

Food
Being the result of India and Pakistan separation food in all these country are basically the same. Especially when you consider all the Mughal age delicacies that is so much loved in Pakistan is also available in Bangladesh. Food Is one reason these countries in Indian subcontinent is similar. Pilau, biriyanis, khir, jarda etc.

People
Well although you might have trouble with most of them. One way Bengalis are awesome because they learnt to co exist. Which unfortunately India and Pakistan need a lesson in. I mean sure you'll see bad things happening but it's not as widespread as in India and Pakistan. Bad things in the sense that religious divisions etc. this countries people first identifies themselves as human then Bengalis then their respective religion. You can hear similar messages from founding father.

Cost
Bengalis claim everything is expensive but when you compare internationally it's super cheap. Rîckshaw to moghbazar from wari... one hundred and twenty taka. Which is around six hundred fils. Taking a taxi in Kuwait it would cost around one dinar sevenfifty fils to two dinar. Do the conversion yourself. Internet cost of two Mbps is ten to thirty dinar with conditions. In Bangladesh forty Mbps cost three dinar. I mean are they nuts. It's like internet for free

General
It's amazing to ride in rickshaw and go out at night. When you're sick of urban life. Take a walk in the parks. No place to do bullshit with someone's religion because if you do you'll get your *** kicked. Doesn't matter what religion in question. And some really honest hardworking and loving people who gives me hope and still keeps Bangladesh in my heart.

Nice post.. I thought your first one was way too pessimistic, Most of what you experienced was any country going through growing pains, Those are issues faced by many in developing nations to varying degrees..

But as far as being green goes, you obviously haven't been to Sri Lanka, There is a reason why they call it the emerald isle.. Nothing compares to it.. Well maybe Ireland and Costa Rica.. :-)

Nature

Cost
Bengalis claim everything is expensive but when you compare internationally it's super cheap. Rîckshaw to moghbazar from wari... one hundred and twenty taka. Which is around six hundred fils. Taking a taxi in Kuwait it would cost around one dinar sevenfifty fils to two dinar. Do the conversion yourself. Internet cost of two Mbps is ten to thirty dinar with conditions. In Bangladesh forty Mbps cost three dinar. I mean are they nuts. It's like internet for free

Internet prices keep dropping every year, but this isn't true.

1 Kuwaiti Dinar = ~BDT260

No one is giving you 40mbps for BDT 800 :lol:

Nice post.. I thought your first one was way too pessimistic, Most of what you experienced was any country going through growing pains, Those are issues faced by many in developing nations to varying degrees..

But as far as being green goes, you obviously haven't been to Sri Lanka, There is a reason why they call it the emerald isle.. Nothing compares to it.. Well maybe Ireland and Costa Rica.. :-)
Sri Lanka is an amazing place. I like it. I don't know why only one of my Sri Lankan friend didn't like it all that much. I however love it's beauty.

Nature
God blessed this country with so much of nature. It's extremely refreshing to see greens and rivers coming from a desert or highly urbanized country. I happen to have traveled to lots of countries. I still can't say anything quite like I can say about Bangladesh. According to me... skies of Bangladesh is just so beautiful. And that university campus area, My friends (Pakistanis mostly) admire in awe and praises about the beauty. All in all some people in this country might give you a hard time but the nature of this country will calm you like no other. The greeneries of Bangladesh is unmatched by most. Only India and Pakistan can rival it. And for obvious reasons

The scenery in BD might not be as dramatic as PK or India. Both of them have some of fhe highest mountains , glaciers and some of the best alpine sceneries in the world. Bangladesh while green is mostly flat and has small cute hills compared to the high monsters we have here or in India.

The scenery in BD might not be as dramatic as PK or India. Both of them have some of fhe highest mountains , glaciers and some of the best alpine sceneries in the world. Bangladesh while green is mostly flat and has small cute hills compared to the high monsters we have here or in India.

You can't grow sh*t on mountains. You can keep your monster mountains, I'm happy with our flat lands and cute hills.

You haven't seen much of Bangladesh then. Chittagong baby

You can't grow sh*t on mountains. You can keep your monster mountains, I'm happy with our flat lands and cute hills.
And our mountains grows shit. It's that fertile.

Prolly had a bone to pick.. Was he Tamil by any chance ? ;)
No man. Sinhalese. XD he complained about the condition of living. However other srilankan mates who snap me from srilanka are quite enjoying it.

I find Bangladesh too one dimensional . moderate weather all year , majority bengali , no mountains , no deserts . But maybe its just me .

You haven't seen much of Bangladesh then. Chittagong baby

The Bangladeshi Friends I have in Malaysia only keeps on talking about Dhaka and keeps on talking how rest of the country is lame and only Dhaka is cool . I find Chittagong better than Dhaka . I would be more interested in checking out Cox bazar or sundarbans rather than Dhaka

I find Bangladesh too one dimensional . moderate weather all year , majority bengali , no mountains , no deserts . But maybe its just me .

The Bangladeshi Friends I have in Malaysia only keeps on talking about Dhaka and keeps on talking how rest of the country is lame and only Dhaka is cool . I find Chittagong better than Dhaka . I would be more interested in checking out Cox bazar or sundarbans rather than Dhaka
Moderate weather isn't that good? But no. There are six seasons in Dhaka. I know I can only count five but there is another season I don't know much about.

Mountains? Well hills not huge but impressive enough. Desert you should ask ur Indian brothers to stop all the water and then you'll see em. XD

Dhaka some parts of it is really good. Most however is overcrowded and full of scumbags. Outside Dhaka its much better. Sylhet for example. All mansions and very few apartment

No man. Sinhalese. XD he complained about the condition of living. However other srilankan mates who snap me from srilanka are quite enjoying it.

Oh well prolly a sook, Who complains about his mom

I mean it's no first world paradise but it's also not worse off, Pretty clean, Nice environment, nice climate (Except for the mind blowing humidity in Colombo), People are laid back and a decent life style.. It kind of grows on you

The Chittagong region has a different Terrain. It is similar to Mynamar and Thailand. If you visit Chittagong then Northern Thailand you will feel it yourself. The rest of the land is crisscrossed by hundreds of rivers. Its never boring.

My brother take a trip down to BD you're talking to kids who live a city life. Dhaka isn't the only thing about BD although to a village dweller it's a big thing.

Back
Top Bottom