What's new

Why A Medium / Heavy Strike Aircraft For Defense of Pakistan?

Sir, in the long run I envisage attack helis + drones to bear the brunt of that role. Surgical strikes can be used against hardened targets of high value (command centres, silos, ammunition dumps, critical infrastructure, etc.) but in a face off with militants it is much more feasible for commanders to order a drone or heli strike. My understanding is that drones can carry exactly the same JDAMs as aircraft.
depends upon a few factors.
1. service ceiling of drone or gunship in mountains can be restrictive.
2. Infantry formations are mostly protected by Manpads and AAA guns which can have altitude and range constraints against aircrafts.

Regarding militants, Helis can not only stay for long in area supporting troops but they also carry 2-3 different types of weapons. Even if it fires away all the missiles and rockets, it still has 20mm cannon which is effective against personnel. UCAV can stay in area for long also but doesnt carry a variety of weapons like Gunship.

depends upon a few factors.
1. service ceiling of drone or gunship in mountains can be restrictive.
2. Infantry formations are mostly protected by Manpads and AAA guns which can have altitude and range constraints against aircrafts.

Regarding militants, Helis can not only stay for long in area supporting troops but they also carry 2-3 different types of weapons. Even if it fires away all the missiles and rockets, it still has 20mm cannon which is effective against personnel. UCAV can stay in area for long also but doesnt carry a variety of weapons like Gunship.

Sir, I don't know how the logistics work in real scenarios for drones. After they have discharged their payload, can't they land back within own encampment, get reloaded, and fly again? Where multiple types of munitions are needed simultaneously, maybe we could have multiple drones flying at the same time?

Sir, I don't know how the logistics work in real scenarios for drones. After they have discharged their payload, can't they land back within own encampment, get reloaded, and fly again? Where multiple types of munitions are needed simultaneously, maybe we could have multiple drones flying at the same time?
Ofcourse thats possible.

UCAV Burraq used by Pakistan has fired Barq, laser guided missile. can it carry bombs or rockets (70mm), i dont know.
Wing Loong UCAV is said to be capable of carrying FT series of (100-500 KG) bombs.
For a precision strike or anti armour role, CH-5 UCAV is capable of carrying 16 missiles easily.

Cost of 100/250/500 Kg Bomb, rockets and a guided missile is different. Different targets are taken out by different weapons. A tank can be taken out by an ATGM. A bunker by a bomb. An assembly of enemy soldiers by 70mm rockets.

Putting too much faith in F16 Block 52+, how reliable they are in a situation when USA is not in favor of Pakistan India war? I see the faith in eff solah is too much, just saying
Not faith, just facts. There are 18 Block-52+ and nearly 60 F-16A/B MLU and ADF armed with 500 AIM-120C5s in the PAF. It is also a fact that the PAF is talks with Turkish Aerospace Industries to run some upgrades (apparently 'structural') to the F-16s. The PAF will utilize those assets as much as possible, and they'll be a threat.

Not faith, just facts. There are 18 Block-52+ and nearly 60 F-16A/B MLU and ADF armed with 500 AIM-120C5s in the PAF. It is also a fact that the PAF is talks with Turkish Aerospace Industries to run some upgrades (apparently 'structural') to the F-16s. The PAF will utilize those assets as much as possible, and they'll be a threat.
I failed to convey the point.

Look at the end of your last post for whatever you were trying to say about Indian sending nuclear missiles.

Lol. The message was about the lack of trust between the two Governments. As you dont know which missile carries a nuke I suspect this will result in immediate nuke response. This is the reason SO FAR there has been no war between 2 Nuke armed countries. Anyways you guys move on and pontificate. Iam out.
A

Hi,

If we read about the major battles in history---the results would show how the winner manipulated its forces thru the enemy flanks---if the strikes hurt the flanks bad---the center would begin to crumble---because it cannot hold its position when its sides are cut open---.

Julius Ceasar was once fighting a war against a very strong german tribe---he was being crushed on the front face to face conflict---to survive and win---he chose the enemy's weakest link---its baggage wagons.

He turned a rank of his military on the german tribe's baggage train---which included the families of the warriors---so when the german tribal army saw their womenfolk and children massacred---they broke rank to protect their families---thus giving Ceasar the opportunity to strike hard and deep in the center---make a breakthru and crush the enemy---.

If he would not have done that---nobody would know who Julius Ceasar was---because he would have died in the battle field that day---.
What you are suggesting are war crimes.

And if India stoops to that level, the sheer amount of explosive tonnage that India can drop on Pakistani cities (which are all right along the Indian border as opposed to Indian cities dispersed over tens of thousands of kilometers) then the result would be close to catastrophic for Pakistan even without accounting for nuclear weapons.

It would play out exactly how you said - but on Pakistan. Ceasar had the advantage of slaughtering civilians while also simultaneously launching a counter-military force. Between India and Pakistan, what you have mentioned is likely to play in India's favour owing to holding resources for all these plays - both numerical as well as technological.

The reader must understand---that the presence of a heavy strike aircraft in Paf colors would be a blessing for pakistan---because the enemy---knowing of the consequences---by default would change gears and would calm down its poisonous rhetoric against our state---and step back from a position of aggression.

So---basically---a heavy strike aircraft would bring the enemy a step closer to peace.
Incorrect supposition.
Pakistan has in the past and notably in 1965 had superior weapons that far outstrip India's weapons - owing to heavy supply of the latest gear by Americans to supposedly fight the communists. This ranged from tanks to planes.

And yet, despite having a war imposed on India, the results were in favour. The point is that you are committing a fallacy that every Pakistani General ever has committed - predicting that India would not take counter action and just back down.

I'd argue that having a much stronger India brings Pakistan closer to peace. It prevents Pakistan from being tempted to take the route of militancy.

F16 are multi role fighters they are not strike planes like the f18 hornets or f15 eagles or the dassult rafales.

If you want western strike planes those three are the best available.

If you want eastern option you go su30/35 flankers or chinease j11.

Or you wait decade for a fifth generation option.

In the mean time your neighbour has ammassed over three hundred flankers and rafales by 2020 .

Thiere is a huge difference in doctrine and mentality between pak air force and Indian air force judging by the kind of air power they are deploying. Or planning to deploy

Not the most reliable site for news but for those talking about the "flying bomb truck" what about this one:

http://defence-blog.com/news/china-...n-long-range-bomber-is-under-development.html

CrVHRhYUkAA_r2r.jpg

Not the most reliable site for news but for those talking about the "flying bomb truck" what about this one:

http://defence-blog.com/news/china-...n-long-range-bomber-is-under-development.html

CrVHRhYUkAA_r2r.jpg
First,had better participate j31 right now, it is already a little late,but still ok. With 48 j31 parted with jf17, PAF can handle IAF well.
Then,according to the special relationship between china and parkistan,I think PAF can get j20 eventually,j20 can serve as a stealth fighter bomber with enough range to cover the whole india

Last edited:
First,had better participate j31 right now, it is already a little late,but still ok. With 48 j31 parted with jf17, PAF can handle IAF well.
Then,according to the special relationship between china and parkistan,I think PAF can get j20 eventually,j20 can serve as a stealth fighter bomber with enough range to cover the whole india

In terms of monetary investment, what level of participation do you require from the Pakistani side in dollars?

Back
Top Bottom