What's new

Who will win ICC Cricket World Cup 2011..?

Who will win ICC World Cup 2011?

• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • India

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Sri Lanka

• South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gossipmonger

Reaction score
Mates, since Cricket World Cup is just round the corner, based on current Team Strengths & Forms, it's time to pick our favorites to win 2011 Cricket World Cup. Some of the Top contenders for the coveted Cup are;

1. Australia: Down but definitely not out.

2. England: Will this be the Year of England? With current form & recent High, looks too promising.

3. India: will be extra motivated to become No. 1 team in ODI too.

4. Pakistan: Can Pakistan learn from the past and do the improbable again? Certainly....

5. Sri Lanka: Wild & Ferocious at home. Can they do it again?

6. South Africa: Motivation...?? They have too many points to prove.

7. Others: New Zealand, West Indies & Bangladesh will be Underdogs.

Well India will hold most of the matches including the Finals.... Indians are Too Strong and that too In there soil.... Well I would Place my bets on India, as Indians are Going good these days....

However One eye would be there on the South Africans as they are one team which would pose a Major threat to India, If we take em out, consider the cup to be ours...

You must have kept polls for these.
I would probably go with India and England.
Both teams are in their best forms.
I think one of them will surely win the cup.

India l> Sri Lanka >> South Africa >> Pakistan

Expecting Bangladesh to play well in this Edition.

Go India Go :thinktank:

IMO, Sri Lanka has the best team suited to the conditions. They are my favourites to win the cup.

India and England are two very strong teams and have equally good chances win the cup in case Sri Lanka falters.

Australia, South Africa and Pakistan are on my third tier in terms of favourites. South Africa just don't seem to have a bowling attack suited to sub-continental conditions. And Australia and Pakistan have been too unpredictable to have a sustained run of victories.

indian chances are good but sri lanka,england cant be ignored

Sri Lanka & India .... one of them is going to be world champs. England even though in very good form will find the conditions difficult to handle, SouthAfrica will play a good steady world cup but will be edged out at the crunch moment, Australia will further demonstrate there downfall as the test form will soon effect the ODi form as well. Pakistan as usuall can be expected to do anything but looking at the last 2 worldcups where we were knocked out in the 1st round, this time Pakistan might come up with something special given the chaos around the team they might enjoy their game but will run out of steam when the going gets tough.

India, srilanka, England, south Africa any of these teams can win.

Englannd Relies too much on the swing bowlers but in indian flat pitches :) they are going to struggle.
South Africa has a problem at the death with old ball and five overs of powerplay.
Pakistan does not know which team to play. Batting will be a bit better because of flat pitches. Ball will reverse early so another plus for pakistan. Reasonable spin options in afridi, ajmal and hafeez.

Bangladesh will definetly do well, this could be the time for bengal Tigers to ROAR.
Australia after a long time is looking like a confused entity.
Newzeland is also not looking very well.
No idea about Westindies.

India and Srilanka look better teams and one of them should win. Although we have seen that on flat pitches their attack becomes toothless.

As I can not support India so SRILANKA is going to win. :) Just a joke.

Last edited:
England for its formidable performance
India for its powerful batting
Pakistan for its unpredictability
South Africa for its lethality
Australia for its lost charm
Sri Lanka for its consistance performance at Major Tournaments

english players cannot play spinners...known truth..last time we whitewashed them 5-0... KP is the bunny of yuvraj...

south africans are not flexible enough.... they donot have out of box thinking... they are the real chokers

indian have the problems of death over bowling...gives to many extra run... sachin is the key at the start... all the batters are proven match winners.

new zealand :: silence please

pakistan :: let them decide their team first

west indies :: poor fielding, bowling and batting

australia :: in all sort of troubles..ruthlessness is missing.. but you can never count them out...be careful !!

sri lanka :: formidable team, but too much dependant on sangakara and malinga, murali is not that lethal anymore..

Pakistan Just needs a new ball bowler and then it can challenge other strong teams. If sohail tanvir is in good form. Problem solved.

i vote to india . really i hate pak cricketers from my inside . my first demand is close PBC and there will be little more respect of pakistan if we kicked out from ICC.

Back
Top Bottom