What's new

Who is Fighting Who in Syria?

Very nice for a while, then two months ago I had my first child - a daughter - and it's been :wacko: ever since. Hectic I guess would be the best word to describe it. Very hectic.

Aww. Congratulations.
Must be around her all the time.
Consuming most of your time. :lol:

Nihonjin, Jhungary, Sven, Gufi, a lot of good members either inactive or very infrequent.

I know few of them. Some left, some busy in making careers and don't know about others.

Every Syrian I have met in KSA is against Assad's regime including my project manager in the company I work for. He is a 60 years old man prays 5 times a day in mosque doesn't even have beard(If anyone thinks he is one of those extremist guys) Assad have alot of innocents blood in his hand. If Syrians dont like him I dont understand why Iranians are still helping him ? Iran will have to pay a huge price for this.
Iran is absolutely not helping the average Syrian on the street out of whatever sympathy, in fact Iran has nothing to do with Syria ethnicity and religion wise (majority of Syria is sunni). It's pure interest for them; Assad is a pawn and Iran needs a pro-Iran Syria in order for Iran to upkeep the 'Iraq-Syria-Lebanon' chain.

Hezbollah and Iran used to have a degree of sympathy and support from sunnis before this conflict (due to Israel), but after this i wouldnt be surprised if no sunni gives a rats *** about Hezbollah and Iran anymore.

Agreed. Assadists claiming Assad has support of the people, why Assad is then heavily and crucially dependant on Iranian, Afgan etc. soldiers and mercenaries if 20m+ Syrian population (majority sunni) is behind him all these years and was even on the brink of losing? He shouldn't have local manpower shortage, if the locals truly loved him.

Iran is absolutely not helping the average Syrian on the street out of whatever sympathy, in fact Iran has nothing to do with Syria ethnicity and religion wise (majority of Syria is sunni). It's pure interest for them; Assad is a pawn and Iran needs a pro-Iran Syria in order for Iran to upkeep the 'Iraq-Syria-Lebanon' chain.

Hezbollah and Iran used to have a degree of sympathy and support from sunnis before this conflict (due to Israel), but after this i wouldnt be surprised if no sunni gives a rats *** about Hezbollah and Iran anymore.

Agreed. Assadists claiming Assad has support of the people, why Assad is then heavily and crucially dependant on Iranian, Afgan etc. soldiers and mercenaries if 20m+ Syrian population (majority sunni) is behind him all these years and was even on the brink of losing? He shouldn't have local manpower shortage, if the locals truly loved him.

What part Russia is playing? Iran and Russia are helping people of Syria?

57fde0eff0dc1e1b9ca481db.jpg

Kurtulmus: Russia and the US Could Start a War due to Syria
If the war in Syriacontinue through intermediaries, the Turkish authorities fear that the world could descend into a global war in which the conflicting parties will be the superpowers Russia and the United States, the Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus said.
"If the war through intermediaries continues, I openly claim that the US and Russia will be on the brink of war", Kurtulmus pointed out in an interview with the Turkish news agency "Anatolia".

He warned that the Syrian conflict will lead the world "on the verge of a major regional or world war."

Kurtulmus cited that Turkish troops in camp Basica in northern Iraq "are legitimate" and would remain there "as long as necessary".

Last edited:
Peaceful uprising originally, turned into an armed bloody civil war due to a leader's lust for power. So here we are, all because of ONE SINGLE MAN. lol

Peaceful uprising originally, turned into an armed bloody civil war due to a leader's lust for power. So here we are, all because of ONE SINGLE MAN. lol

:disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:

He warned that the Syrian conflict will lead the world "on the verge of a major regional or world war.

I partially agree, but countries like USA and Russia will avoid regional and/or world war. As long as their countries aren't burning, they are fine bombing other states. And world war won't spare them too. To remain in power or super power or first world counties, they will take a step back once they fear it's taking a turn into a world war.

if Assad steps down. it will be disastrous many times over ! that will be the end of State of Syria officially.

Things simply can't get worse in Syria. So "the sky will fall if assd steps down" is a lame excuse.

@Khafee since you are active nowadays. Please do give me your thoughts on this subject.
And I hope you were doing fine the time you were inactive on forum. :rolleyes1:

@Khafee since you are active nowadays. Please do give me your thoughts on this subject.
And I hope you were doing fine the time you were inactive on forum. :rolleyes1:

Thank You, but unfortunately Syria is something I'm not allowed to comment on. Except that ISIS are not Muslim, and have nothing to do with Islam. I hope you understand.

Thank You, but unfortunately Syria is something I'm not allowed to comment on. Except that ISIS are not Muslim, and have nothing to do with Islam. I hope you understand.

Ok totally understandable.

Syria is a place where plebiscite is genuinely needed. Outsiders should get out of Syria and plebiscite should be held under UN. let syrian people decide what they want. It's ideal solution but no one will agree to it. No one cares about Syrian people all they care is their own interests.

I came across a video of AJ+, showing just a month old baby girl, pulled out by the rescue volunteer from the rubble in Syria. It was so heartbreaking and is not the only video from Syria made me cry or enough painful to make anyone else cry.
She was under the rubble for 2 hours. And I failed to understand her mistake or crime. What harm she has caused to USA, Russia, Iran, KSA, or whoever is involved in this war.
She is born to a Muslim family? One sect or the other? She is born in Syria?
What exactly her mistake is? I couldn't find satisfying answer for myself.
I have tried enough (I guess) to understand the ACTUAL reason of war in Syria? I research, read articles and news & again have no conception of it. Who actually is right and who's wrong? Who's fighting who? And who's supporting who? I am clueless. Who will cover up the damage has been caused to Syria? And no one knows for how long it will to end. Who will bring back normal lives to them and bring back their beloved ones? That emotional torture these young minds are going through will stay there forever. And who is responsible for taking their childhood away?
While these decision makers or officials of all the countries involved in this war are living peaceful lives and their kids hear "bedtime stories" of life, love, and joy, Syrian kids are getting tortured with the sounds of bombs. Who is to be blamed?
Whenever I try to understand this conflict, I end up with this as an answer.
View attachment 339558
A picture shows who's fighting who in Syria.

Now I have a humble request to all sane members of PDF to help me find my answer. Please!
(And pardon my lack of knowledge).

Edit: Even if I get my answer, sadly, things won't change for people of Syria. My sincere prayers for them.

Syria right now is in exactly the same state as China was during the Chinese Civil War, we were nothing more than the playground of the superpowers during WW2.

When a country is weak and divided, then foreign militaries will come to take advantage of it. This is the way of the world.

Syria needs to be unified in order to escape this fate, which means one side has to win like the CCP did in China. But which side should win and unify the country?

China is still not United under one Chinese rule. Because of this.
1. Hong Kong is under British rule
2. Taiwan is under USA rule
3. Mainland China is under communist rule

In other words. There are 3 Chinese nations.

Maybe if Assad steps down and allows someone else to come and take his place maybe than things can improve. Syria at this moment needs a strong leader who can control his own country win the trust of his people and all these countries should stop treating Syria as if their weapons testing ground and actually do something for Syrians if not than try to stay out of it maybe?
May Allah ease the sufferings of Syrians :(

This method did not work well for Lybia. Assad must stay for stability. If he is removed. Syria will become Libya.

Things simply can't get worse in Syria. So "the sky will fall if assd steps down" is a lame excuse.

Please take a look at Lybia. Gadafi was removed. Well look at Lybia now.

Back
Top Bottom