What's new

Whether an Army officer can marry a foreign national?

Stalker1

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
My brother wants to get commission in army as an ICTO. He is engaged to a girl from Indian Occupied Kashmir ,
If he gets commission in army as an ICTO , will he be allowed to marry a kashmiri girl (from indian occupied kashmir) ?

What are possible solutions if army officers are not allowed to marry foreign nationals (as abandoning of nationality of india by that girl etc).

And what's ruling for other govt officers , can they marry a foreign national?

Regards.

My brother wants to get commission in army as an ICTO. He is engaged to a girl from Indian Occupied Kashmir ,
If he gets commission in army as an ICTO , will he be allowed to marry a kashmiri girl (from indian occupied kashmir) ?

What are possible solutions if army officers are not allowed to marry foreign nationals (as abandoning of nationality of india by that girl etc).

Regards.
As long as she is not RAW agent ....lolzzz....

Regards.

he can marry as long as he does not claim the spouse's nationality I believe, I have seen officers, particularly airforce and navy ones, going on UN missions etc and getting married. The spouse being from IOK may bring some unique issues with security clearance but other than that I dont see a problem, contact the PA directorate for further details....

Source: Belonging to a military family....

I think, it is only possible when she migrates to Pakistan. The Groom can't come to India as he is in army.(legally)

Wait he has not yet joined Army, I think a cadetship requirement is he/she should not be married until they finish their Training.

Ask @Xeric

Interesting issue, but i guess if she is one of those good kashmiris not the indian brainwashed stooges and can settle in cantonment with here husband or may give up indian nationality then u might have a chance.

But if this marriage takes place and he gets commissioned in Army then this could prove to be a good health source?

she will certainly hav to give up Indian nationality ... otherwise for spouse of any other country there shouldn't be an issue ...

he can marry as long as he does not claim the spouse's nationality I believe, I have seen officers, particularly airforce and navy ones, going on UN missions etc and getting married. The spouse being from IOK may bring some unique issues with security clearance but other than that I dont see a problem, contact the PA directorate for further details....

Source: Belonging to a military family....

Gotcha :) I some how i already sensed that from your posts. I feel stupid for mentioning/tagging you in threads about Pashtun history, you must have felt annoyed by it but you were decent enough not to express it.

Gotcha :) I some how i already sensed that from your posts. I feel stupid for mentioning/tagging you in threads about Pashtun history, you must have felt annoyed by it but you were decent enough not to express it.

Really and why would that be ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom