What's new

Where Did It All Go Wrong For Tata’s Nano?

Chicha Cheetah786 Is Someone forcing you to buy this..?...Please go for Mehran...I don know what to do with this Chicha. :hitwall:
simple and plain jealousy....he cant appreciate the fact but yea he can troll so are u watching..

Tata Nano is selling a healthy 10,000 plus numbers. they have ironed out initial niggles(if any). We(Indians) are seeing Nano's increasingly on roads. Nano CX/LX varients are more sold. even when petrol price is near to
7px-Indian_Rupee_symbol.svg.png
70/litre(for normal petrol) and expecting another increase of
5 after state elections. that is, almost equivalent to Pakistani Rupees 127 per litre($1.4/litre). this has seriously affected petrol car sales. still, Nano is selling good.

Indians are not buying it or buying is already proved..now buzz off ...robo.

Truth hurts obviously u have nothing to offer so i suggest sit back and enjoy the ride oh wait you cant it might catch on fire and no i didn't mean the Nano.

Indica was a a Classic Piece of Engineering.

Tata Motors Rolled out Indico, Manza, Aria, Vista out of Indica.

Now The Nano, Pixel and more to come!

OP should not declare Nano Family of Cars as Failure.

Tata Nano is selling a healthy 10,000 plus numbers. they have ironed out initial niggles(if any). We(Indians) are seeing Nano's increasingly on roads. Nano CX/LX varients are more sold. even when petrol price is near to
70/litre(for normal petrol) and expecting another increase of
5 after state elections. that is, almost equivalent to Pakistani Rupees 127 per litre($1.4/litre). this has seriously affected petrol car sales. still, Nano is selling good.

Sales are far off the target of 25,000 cars a month, and the Nano plant, with an annual capacity 250,000 units, produces only 10,000 a month, according to R Ramakrishnan, business head of Tata Motors passenger cars.

To get sales on track, Tata has given the car a makeover, making it available in more colours, including "champagne gold" and "papaya orange," and sprucing up the interiors while keeping prices unchanged.

It has also offered a "Tata Nano Happiness Guarantee", which more than doubles the car's warranty to four years from 18 months, and throwing in a maintenance contract for just 99 rupees a month.

It is offering "fast-track" financing for buyers wanting loans to purchase the car -- with loan approvals in 48 hours. Also, buyers can put down just 15,000 rupees ($300) to drive a Nano out of the showroom.

Truth hurts obviously u have nothing to offer so i suggest sit back and enjoy the ride oh wait you cant it might catch on fire and no i didn't mean the Nano.
it seems its hurting u more...and dont worry abt my enjoyment...u have quite a following here..so we are used to this usual ranting...m gonna sleep...cya..soon...u carry on ur mission..

HAIL NANO :P ..

10 people have already pointed out that it is selling about 10000 units per month... And instead of commenting on it, cheetah is ******** talking all non-sensicle..!!
I think more is to come.. :blah: :blah: :blah:
Sit tight my people...!!

10 people have already pointed out that it is selling about 10000 units per month... And instead of commenting on it, cheetah is ******** talking all non-sensicle..!!
I think more is to come.. :blah: :blah: :blah:
Sit tight my people...!!

Read post number 68, i don't wanna keep repeating the same over and over again just cause you all don't wanna read and just simply jump in.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

it seems its hurting u more...and dont worry abt my enjoyment...u have quite a following here..so we are used to this usual ranting...m gonna sleep...cya..soon...u carry on ur mission..

AS they say in west do u want some cheese with that wine

Just leave him.He'll drag you down to his level and then beat you there..

Sales are far off the target of 25,000 cars a month, and the Nano plant, with an annual capacity 250,000 units, produces only 10,000 a month, according to R Ramakrishnan, business head of Tata Motors passenger cars.

To get sales on track, Tata has given the car a makeover, making it available in more colours, including "champagne gold" and "papaya orange," and sprucing up the interiors while keeping prices unchanged.

It has also offered a "Tata Nano Happiness Guarantee", which more than doubles the car's warranty to four years from 18 months, and throwing in a maintenance contract for just 99 rupees a month.

It is offering "fast-track" financing for buyers wanting loans to purchase the car -- with loan approvals in 48 hours. Also, buyers can put down just 15,000 rupees ($300) to drive a Nano out of the showroom.

Well, it is a very new product with a very unorthodox target market. Of-course, there'd be challenges. Tata's profits have been relatively good. But rising costs did eat away some of its profits.
Tata Motors Profit & Loss account, Tata Motors Financial Statement & Accounts

It is safe to say that the Nano has been relatively profitable. Albeit, not as successful as expected.

I think the issue has more to do with marketing. Typically, advertising and promoting your product as 'cheap' from the beginning can potentially send out the wrong messages to consumers.
Tata

Nano is an engineering marvel.. no questions asked. People may not have welcomed the product as much as initially perceived, but it definitely was quite an achievement for Tata motors. The perception and market reception is changing with the sales shooting up lately.

What Nano has given is a start to the ultra-compact urban cars. People are quick to realize the potential of this new segment in the market - Urban Transportation vehicles. If you'd have noticed now more and more companies around the world are trying to mimic what Nano has brought to the table. The mercedes Smart ForTwo, Toyota iQ, Opel Trixx and many more are competing to hit this market. I see a huge market in developing economies along with advanced markets like Europe, where people need compact urban transportation in the future. American market will be a tough one to crack because it is a "bigger the better" market.

Back
Top Bottom