What's new

Where Did It All Go Wrong For Tata’s Nano?

Engineering Marvel what?

Supplier [39] Part/system [39]
Texspin Clutch Bearings
Bosch Oxygen sensor, Gasoline injection system (diesel will follow), starter, alternator, brake system
Continental AG Gasoline fuel supply system, fuel level sensor
Caparo Inner structural panels
HSI AUTO Static sealing systems (Weather Strips)
Delphi Instrument cluster
Rane Madras Limited Steering Assembly
Denso Windshield wiper system (single motor and arm)
FAG Kugelfischer Rear-wheel bearing
Federal-Mogul Pistons, Piston rings, Spark plugs, Gaskets, Systems protection
Ficosa Rear-view mirrors, interior mirrors, manual and CVT shifters, washer system
Freudenberg Engine sealing
GKN Driveshafts
INA Shifting elements
ITW Deltar Outside and inside door handles
Johnson Controls Seating
Mahle Camshafts, spin-on oil filters, fuel filters and air cleaners
Saint-Gobain Glass
TRW Brake system
Ceekay Daikin/Valeo Clutch sets
Vibracoustic Engine mounts
Visteon Air induction system
ZF Friedrichshafen AG Chassis components, including tie rods
Behr HVAC for the luxury version
Dürr Lean Paint Shop

Nano being put together in India parts supplied from above mentioned already established MFG cant be considered engineering marvel more like a fail try as even having access to all that the car failed.

wrong again most of those vehicles were in the market way before Nano came along so its more like a copy of them and not the original .The thing that was suppose to make Nano stand out was to be its price tag but soon after launch it was realized with that price tag you get almost nothing and safety was no where to be seen.

Most developing economies are dominated by the same players that are dominant In Europe and America plus rules and regulations will make it mandatory to offer most safety features means and cutting corners. having said that No way Nano can offer the 2000 or even $3000 price tag and will have to compete head on with established Mfg for the market and by the way Even The Mercedes Smart For Two is losing money in Americas.

this is the ideal post to show how some one will reply when he dont know any thing about manufacturing.........
no wondet that Pakistan lacks major manufacturing & enginering industries.

I work with TATA MOTORS for last 14 years & i piti you for your knowledge.

sir i have a question , will they be selling this car with there new 3 cylender engine + will it be avilable in diesel only varient..Thanks.

Guruji, It is powered by four electric motors and additional power is provided by a small 325cc on-board petrol engine generator that offers a range of 900km with a single tank of fuel.

Guruji, It is powered by four electric motors and additional power is provided by a small 325cc on-board petrol engine generator that offers a range of 900km with a single tank of fuel.

i think it wont pe practicle in INDIA as most people will want real cc power + sexy looks , then comes this petro electric mumbo jumbo...cause ilectronic or hybrid systems dont work with indians cause ther obssesion with maintainence & after sales service which i dont think Indian's rate TATA that much but still lets keep owr fingers crossed ...lets see????????

Its not the service and quality but the Image of Nano as the cheapest car which drives people not to go for it

Its not the service and quality but the Image of Nano as the cheapest car which drives people not to go for it
Tata's are always not aggressive in advertisements and publicity. but, after the Nano TV ads(our Pakistani friends also may have seen), Sales have definitely Picked up.
Also, Tata Sells Nanos in small towns through T.A.S.C(Tata Authorized Service Centre)s.

http://******/9zFOp

Back
Top Bottom