What's new

What's in your Gun Locker?

Maybe for covert insertions where being quiet is necessary, but hostage rescues are fast and violent. You need surprise, speed and to overwhelm your adversaries before they can react and take actions against you or the hostages. Cornershot is too deliberate and too slow.

Photo comes from the recent US-Kurdish raid in Iraq on an ISIS prison, notice their speed?

*this thread doesn't allow for videos, so the link couldn't be embedded.
Video Purports to Show Raid on IS Prison In Iraq - YouTube

1490018088930428996.jpg

Fast and violent saves lives, take too much time and you lose surprise and put yourselves and the hostages at risk.

As for the topic itself, I own an MR762.

33927c6b1a3255eddb0b60f162e7e029-jpg.267520

I assumed cornershot gun would be used during a hostage situation because it allows its operator to both see and attack an armed target, without exposing the operator to counterattack.
Btw i just read that India(my country) made a similar weapon recently. :)

Last edited:
I assumed it would be used during a hostage situation because it allows its operator to both see and attack an armed target, without exposing the operator to counterattack.

It could used to help shield an operator, especially as few people aim at walls, despite them being permeable to bullets at close range, but you'd end up too stationary for my liking and lose situational awareness while sucked into a video-screen.

When I was with the Norwegian Police Advisory Team during my final 4 years (first 6 with a force protection unit) in Afghanistan, we emphasized speed over secrecy. Violence of action overwhelms unaware persons before they know they are in danger.

Granted the Afghan military does have the best gear, but this is how we taught them.

tkafgL7C3340.jpg

tkafgL7C3313.jpg

tkafgL7C3287.jpg

Btw i just read that India(my country) made a similar weapon recently. :)

For rifles from what I've heard.

DRDO-develops-c33348.jpg

China also produces a version, so more than just Israel and Pakistan operate such as system.

These guys are Chinese SWAT.
shanghai-bend-gun-2.jpg

265E304600000578-0-image-a-3_1425900621766.jpg

Above all its a function of tactics, we like speed and violence.

It could used to help shield an operator, especially as few people aim at walls, despite them being permeable to bullets at close range, but you'd end up too stationary for my liking and lose situational awareness while sucked into a video-screen.

When I was with the Norwegian Police Advisory Team during my final 4 years (first 6 with a force protection unit) in Afghanistan, we emphasized speed over secrecy. Violence of action overwhelms unaware persons before they know they are in danger
shouldn't your priority be lesser number of causalities?
Btw there's also assault rifle and "personal" grenade launcher versions.

China also produces a version, so more than just Israel and Pakistan operate such as system.
Yes, iran and Korea have their versions of corner shot guns but i guess Israel's corner shot and Pakistan's POF are more widely used...or so i think.

I found something interesting...I really didnt know this thing existed. There 're only 2 countries which produce it- Israel (Corner shot), Pakistan (POF eye). This is just apt to be used in hostage situations. Isnt it?

The picture below is a corner shot gun.

View attachment 268122
Basically it's a corner shot platform, not a gun(I know that's what people call it). A pistol or smg for example a glock or mp5 is mounted on it which gives it corner shot ability. Despite what other people say, it offers certain advantages if used in certain situations(CQB, FIBUA by designated operators).
our ssg uses it I saw a pic @DESERT FIGHTER.

There were always times when soldiers wished that they had something like a gun capable of shooting around corners like pof-eye.
Here is a similar weapon used in WW2.
"The Krummlauf (English: "curved barrel") is a bent barrel attachment for the Sturmgewehr 44assault rifle developed by Germany in World War II. The curved barrel included a periscope sighting device for shooting around corners from a safe position."
320px-Krummlauf.jpg

Some others. @levina
Allied sargeant with modified grease gun
1446204905528.jpg

1446204905797.jpg

Basically it's a corner shot platform, not a gun(I know that's what people call it). A pistol or smg for example a glock or mp5 is mounted on it which gives it corner shot ability. Despite what other people say, it offers certain advantages if used in certain situations(CQB, FIBUA by designated operators).
our ssg uses it I saw a pic @DESERT FIGHTER.

There were always times when soldiers wished that they had something like a gun capable of shooting around corners like pof-eye.
"The Krummlauf (English: "curved barrel") is a bent barrel attachment for the Sturmgewehr 44assault rifle developed by Germany in World War II. The curved barrel included a periscope sighting device for shooting around corners from a safe position."
View attachment 268207

Some others. @levina
View attachment 268208
View attachment 268209

It's in mass production man... Even the army is using that... Also now a refined system is in use... With direct real time data being transfered to the operations room base at the base/came and the whole system is now "worn" by a soldier .. With one smart display screen on his back do other troops can also see what's going on in the room... Can attach a handgun or a MP5 variant with it..

Pics are in SSG thread Aswell as Pak defence industry n multimedia thread.

View attachment 268207

Some others. @levina
View attachment 268208
View attachment 268209
Thanks!
I had read about it. Infact soldiers used something similar as early as WWI - it was called periscope rifle.

upload_2015-10-30_22-47-2.png

Well you'd find me standing in front of him with my Scar L:-)

Nice gun, not yours though is it? If so what mods have you added.

Still, your not the only ex-military, current gun owner here. MR762 is my baby.

Let's take this discussion here so Slav Defence doesn't get to unhappy with us being off topic.

Nice guns you have here !

But why having these useless fancy guns when you can have deadly Sako RK95 ! (if you want to know RK means rynnäkkökivääri which means assault rifle in Finnish.)

jPTrDyw.jpg

AK 47 converted 44 bore (Russian) pics from net
313t-660x495.jpg

30 Bore Darra made with double row magazine
images

Old Dada ji type 12 bore single barrel
3_shotguns_armory_gun_company__single_shot__12_gauge_break_gun_95413.jpg

Last edited:
IOF .315

IMG-20151122-WA0009.jpg

We also have US M1 carbine in our family from excess captured weapons of 1971 East Pakistan were licensed to retd. army officers and civil servants.

Nice thread.

One day I will post my pictures of the guns I own. They are on my old hard drive.

@Irfan Baloch @DESERT FIGHTER My old TZ 75 had a few hiccups (FTE's) on sunday at the range, have to change the recoil spring and the extractor spring on it. Hopefully that will fix it. Any experience with CZ's?

@Irfan Baloch @DESERT FIGHTER My old TZ 75 had a few hiccups (FTE's) on sunday at the range, have to change the recoil spring and the extractor spring on it. Hopefully that will fix it. Any experience with CZ's?
That should do it; i am surprised - how many rounds have you put thru it.
My CZ75B is now close to 24yrs old. still going strong and never changed anything after around probably 3000+ rounds to date if memory is ok.

That should do it; i am surprised - how many rounds have you put thru it.
My CZ75B is now close to 24yrs old. still going strong and never changed anything after around probably 3000+ rounds to date if memory is ok.
Around 2000 rounds...This is a recent problem already ordered a new recoil spring and an extractor spring, let's see if that fixes it.As I type this I am waiting on my new Jericho 941.

Back
Top Bottom