What's new

What will a secular pakistan look like?

do you want a secular pakistan?

• Total voters

qamar1990

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
if we get a secular pakistan where religion and politics are not mixed, what might it look like?
how will it benefit pakistan?
how will it be bad for pakistan?
if we get a secular pakistan in 5 years, what can it achieve in a decade? what will it lose?
list the pros and the cons!

when i say secular, I'm strictly talking about separation of masjid and state!
by becoming secular we don't become atheists!

i request indians to not vote in this poll

Last edited:
if we get a secular pakistan where religion and politics are not mixed, what might it look like?
if we get a secular pakistan in 5 years, what can it achieve in a decade? what will it lose?
I doubt it will ever happen because the majority of us feel safe under the banner of Islam.

I hope you don't expect me to take you seriously with that avatar.

Ager Secular mulk hi chaiye tha , tu india se alag kyun hue the ??? answer this question and you will get your answer :)
who are better off? the muslims in india who chose to to stay with india?
or the muslims in pakistan?
we had to get a separate homeland because we would have been a minority, by us being a separate country weather secular or not we can decide our fate not hindus. pakistan was created so we have security for us muslims, it wasn't seated so we can live under sharia.
i have no problem with either form but i prefer secular because it will garuntee the rights of every citizen.

I hope you don't expect me to take you seriously with that avatar.
how about now? lol
i was trying to do something but i changed my mind lol.

I doubt it will ever happen because the majority of us feel safe under the banner of Islam.
ok, what about our non-muslims citizens? and what about the atheists and agnostic pakistanis like @Imran Khan , @FaujHistorian @Azlan Haider
they are always complaining about the current state of our country and how it is, how can we address their concerns?

@Aeronaut @Jungibaaz is there any way to change the poll to show who voted for what?

Ager Secular mulk hi chaiye tha , tu india se alag kyun hue the ??? answer this question and you will get your answer :)
You can still have a secular Govt which can safeguard the interests of all Muslims - where Shia, Sunni, Ahmadiya and even Bahaii feel safe to practice their faith. Turkey is a model worthy of emulation in this regard.

Ager Secular mulk hi chaiye tha , tu india se alag kyun hue the ???

Read history bhai.

MMP (Muslim Majority Provinces) were going to be chopped off and kicked out by NMP (NonMuslim Majority Provinces). And Hindu leaders wanted it.

Read bhai Read!

MMPs because West Pakistan, E. Pakistan in `1947

So this was the fate of the region, and very little choice was left for Muslims. Once the Hindu majority decided to go that route, Muslim minority had no choice but to accept whatever we got.

Now it is our job to make our country an inclusive society that respects and cherishes all of its members.

Secularism vs. Islamis debate is pathetic.

The real question is: Should Pakistan be inclusive of all groups or not.

Hope you understand.

Back
Top Bottom