What's new

What was your favorite drama of ptv?

I did write on slate and takhti for few times but I don't remember too much. I got my first PC in 1997 and I remember my mom asked me to open Paint application so that she could match colours with suits... something like that...

I got my first PC in 1998.. It was 486 or 586..

I did write on slate and takhti for few times but I don't remember too much. I got my first PC in 1997 and I remember my mom asked me to open Paint application so that she could match colours with suits... something like that...

I still have qalam, siyaahi and takhti with me
It improves yoir urdu writing.

Oh yes , paint application has also its own memories .

Well well well the thread is about ptv .

Share something related to ptv.

I can't recall their names but there used to be like one episode short story dramas, with very thoughtful stories.

I remember one where a man takes off from home for work leaving his wife behind, he accidentally enters a realm (of the jinn) where time passes very fast, his few minutes in there turn into decades in real life and when he returns back he finds his very aged wife still waiting for him (relationship goals :cry:) .

Another one was about a patient who recently gets admitted into a Hospital ward, The story revolves around discussion b/w him (patient A) and another patient (patient B) who was badly hurt and his whole body is plastered up so he can't move. Patient B always complains about his ill fate and is rude while Patient A calms him down by shifting his prospective from his shortcomings to good things around them mostly by describing children playground which Patient A can see from a window near them. At the end when the plaster is removed and Patient B is ready to face the world with a whole new positive attitude he (and the viewers) comes to find out that Patient A has died due to a chronic disease and was actually blind. (Tragedy with a twist, brilliant writing. One hardly sees things like this anymore on PTV.)

There was one more drama I really liked and remember (somewhat) starring Mahnoor Baluch in which she plays a saint set in Kashmir I think. When she dies Hindus and Muslims have a fight about which group she belongs to and if she would be buried or cremated. (Perennial philosophy)
mahnoor-baloch.jpg
teledramas?

I got my first PC in 1998.. It was 486 or 586..
I don't remember the configuration anymore but I do know that something went wrong.. something very simple... I think there was a game installed in it which I uninstalled by mistake.. and a guy from rawalpindi came to my city to reinstall the game for me.... my brother was laughing after few months of that incident after he learned such basics...

I started learning in computer academy where they had windows 3.1 and later windows 95... in my first pc i think it was windows 98 thzt was launched very recently... then I bought my first laptop in 2001 with Windows Me... from Blue Area, Islamabad (technically elders bought it for me)...

@Well.wisher
You have learned calligraphy?

My grandfather taught me how to write Khat e Noori Nastaleeq

Baans ka qalam... Multani Matti and Takhti..

I can write noori nastaleeq font easily... There used to be a program aired in the morning in which a teacher used to teach calligraphy..

I don't remember the configuration anymore but I do know that something went wrong.. something very simple... I think there was a game installed in it which I uninstalled by mistake.. and a guy from rawalpindi came to my city to reinstall the game for me.... my brother was laughing after few months of that incident after he learned such basics...

I started learning in computer academy where they had windows 3.1 and later windows 95... in my first pc i think it was windows 98 thzt was launched very recently... then I bought my first laptop in 2001 with Windows Me... from Blue Area, Islamabad (technically elders bought it for me)...

Lolz..

Don't know if you have learned GW BASIC.. It was a language examined in grade 9 in Karachi...

teledramas?
There was a teledrama on PTV in which Husband divorces her wife and then wish to marry again. Her father also wants her to marry him again as he is rich and compatible with him so they find a faqeer or poor man to do halala with her and make him divorce her before marriage after signing a divorce agreement before Nikah...

So the marriage takes place and everybody is happy... then after nikah, the girl father tries to throw him out but girl stops him and claims he is her husband and he says that No he has already divorced you but the girl says... She was only pretending to marry her first husband but once the divorce took place that was all over... and she hadn't signed the divorce papers when she married this faqeer... as she took the marriage seriously unlike greedy father and her ex husband and was commited she would spend all her life with him. The drama ends... as its always one episode

Indeed it does par bohat kam likhi maine.. bas bohat jaldi chor diya Pakistan I reckon :(

@Well.wisher

I can write noori nastaleeq font easily... There used to be a program aired in the morning in which a teacher used to teach calligraphy..

i...

Aaa No . I just used takhti for aliph , be, pe... not for calligraphy.

Glad you know calligraphy, I wonder if today's kids ever knew this .

@Well.wisher

Lolz..

Don't know if you have learned GW BASIC.. It was a language examined in grade 9 in Karachi...
Not sure about Gw basics and I only studied up to class 7 in Pakistan...

But I was enrolled in computer academy where I learned MS Dos as my first application followed by Office

But I was enrolled in computer academy where I learned MS Dos

Man! we have so much in common.. I too enrolled in a computer institute to learn MS DOS and GW BASIC...

I even remember the name of institute... Star Computers Institute... lolzzz

Aaa No . I just used takhti for aliph , be, pe... not for calligraphy.

Glad you know calligraphy, I wonder if today's kids ever knew this .

No... They only play games on android..

I don't even see children playing cricket on streets in Pakistan when I visit.. It's like children do not involve themselves in lot of physical activities..

Man! we have so much in common.. I too enrolled in a computer institute to learn MS DOS and GW BASIC...

I even remember the name of institute... Star Computers Institute... lolzzz
Koi star sharr hi tha mera bhi but I don't even remember the place where it actually was

All I know is, the professor who used to teach me and my brother later became my brother's student as he was so damn good in repairing hardware devices and other computer related stuff until he gave up due to his commitments in family business

@Well.wisher

Lolz..

Multani matti ka to nahi pata... Multani sohan halwa to UK aa ke bhi khate rahay

@PTV

Stn channel bhi kamaal ka tha... bachpan ki yadain.. Ambar Maria was probably the first sci-fi drama I used to watch if not ainak wala jinn... loved it

No... They only play games on android..

I don't even see children playing cricket on streets in Pakistan when I visit.. It's like children do not involve themselves in lot of physical activities..

True indeed .

But it's not thrir fault , they're following their adults .

Look at us , we are also same.

We're not like what youth in old days was .

Just like we're spending our time on internet to enjoy , youth in old days used to be in surrounding of poets .

Sometimes I just wish that there wasn't internet , life would be beautiful .

Stn channel bhi kamaal ka tha... bachpan ki yadain.. Ambar Maria was probably the first sci-fi drama I used to watch if not ainak wala jinn... loved it

I used to listen NTM's Qirat when it used to start... After that Thunder Cats or Silver Hawks. Later Ninja Turtles series started..... Wow

teledramas
I am not sure about the terminology, but these short story dramas I found, were more thoughtful.

Does anyone remember a drama where a girl gets into drugs and also gets diagnosed with AIDS. It was very taboo subject at that time probably still is.

True indeed .

But it's not thrir fault , they're following their adults .

Look at us , we are also same.

We're not like what youth in old days was .

Just like we're spending our time on internet to enjoy , youth in old days used to be in surrounding of poets .

Sometimes I just wish that there wasn't internet , life would be beautiful .

True that.. But I remember we used to run away from adults to play cricket outside.. Why not children of today do this?

I used to listen NTM's Qirat when it used to start... After that Thunder Cats or Silver Hawks. Later Ninja Turtles series started..... Wow
Captain planet..

Captain Planet, he's our hero,
Gonna take pollution down to zero,
He's our powers magnified,
And he's fighting on the planet side

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom