What's new

What is wrong in this

Lahore: Dec 21, 2011

Former Test leg-spinner Mushtaq Ahmed has caused consternation by announcing that he will celebrate his 'valima' (marriage reception) on December 26, seventeen years after his wedding.

Currently part of the bowling coaching team of England, Ahmed has reportedly left for abroad with the cricket team.

"Owing to a busy cricket schedule, I could not hold the valima ceremony 17 years ago. Now after discussing the matter with my family members, I have decided to hold it as it is a holy act of Shariah Muhammadi," said Ahmed, who grew a beard after joining the Tablighi Jamaat several years ago.

Ahmed is a close friend of former Test cricketers Inzmamul Haq and Saeed Anwar, who too joined the Tablighi Jamaat and often move with the group for preaching.

"My children are very excited at the decision as they are attending the valima of their parents, which I think is a unique occasion in our society," Ahmed said.

Some clerics have objected to Ahmed's decision, saying it is not allowed in Islam. :woot:

"Some of the relatives too had objected to Ahmed's decision but if this gives pleasure to him and his wife and children, then I think no one, not even clerics, should object to it," Javed Badr, Ahmed's brother-in-law, told PTI.

Mushtaq Ahmed to host reception 17 years after marriage | Cricket News & Articles | CricketCountry.com

I don't buy the busy schedule thing there must be some another reason and he is a follower of radical sect Tablighi Jamaat

I don't buy the busy schedule thing there must be some another reason and he is a follower of radical sect Tablighi Jamaat

Do you know Tablighi Jamaat purpose?- Meaning?-

So acording to you Inzimam, Saeed Anwer- Saqlain Mushtaq- Mushtaq Ahmad- all are radicals now?-
Thats a stupid assumption poor fellow-

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom