What's new

What is the Best fighter jet for Bangladesh Air force in the future?

All the pakistani members note the following :

1. Either India is NOT a threat to BD, and in this case any cheap and proven fighter like mig 29 or F16 can do the job.
Cheap and tested.

2. If India is indeed a threat JF17s are toys for MKI and future F18s or PaKFA.

PAF itself will rely on F16s or J10s against MKIs.

In either case JF17 is out of picture.

For BaF, get F16s or Mig 29 as tested platforms or J10 as cheap yet comparable solution.

All the pakistani members note the following :

1. Either India is NOT a threat to BD, and in this case any cheap and proven fighter like mig 29 or F16 can do the job.
Cheap and tested.

2. If India is indeed a threat JF17s are toys for MKI and future F18s or PaKFA.

PAF itself will rely on F16s or J10s against MKIs.

In either case JF17 is out of picture.

For BaF, get F16s or Mig 29 as tested platforms or J10 as cheap yet comparable solution.

they want a Air force against Myanmar not India (read first)

JF17s are toys for MKI :rofl::rofl:

XiNiX...If India is indeed a threat JF17s are toys for MKI

your toy fell from the skies twice..

Bangladesh and Myanmar future war may be for to stop Chinese oil projects. so Bangladesh might get western weapons. US forces are visiting Bangladesh a lot these days.

XiNiX...If India is indeed a threat JF17s are toys for MKI

your toy fell from the skies twice..

Maybe the language the poster used was arrogant, but mki and jf17 are not in the same league. If someone tells me, F22 will own su30mki, should i take offence.
Considering threat from a smaller nation like Mayanmar, the JF 17 is a good choice. But considering BD airforce has been operating Mig 29s, going for upgraded versions is the obvious choice. No issues of pilot training less money to develop infrastructure for a new type of aircraft.

But considering BD airforce has been operating Mig 29s, going for upgraded versions is the obvious choice.

It's possible to start again from zero. Forget Mig 29 and the past. We will learn and adopt anything new if needed and will take different taste and experience.

It's possible to start again from zero. Forget Mig 29 and the past. We will learn and adopt anything new if needed and will take different taste and experience.

Bro, Mig-29M, super fulcrum is a pretty awesome aircraft! Just check out the features of the fighter! It is amongst the best 4 gen fighters.
If you are saying that BD should go for a 4.5 gen fighter, then the you have to sacrifice on the numbers!! The price tag for each touches almost 100 USD per aircraft.
A relatively large fleet of super flakers can be lethal. Jf-17 can be another good choice but for reasons i mentioned, it should be super flankers!! My 2 cents

Hey. how long have the BD airfocre been using the Mig 29s? Can you post me some link regarding info about BD airforce?

thebrownguy..give that lecture to your own kind i'm not taking that from you lecture him he is frustrated one..

Yes maintenance cost of Mig-29 is far too high..do your homework again.

Hey. how long have the BD airfocre been using the Mig 29s? Can you post me some link regarding info about BD airforce?

May be we bought few of them in 1998. Please ask Military related questions to our Leonblack08. He knows well about these.

BTW,

1. Bangladesh Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Bangladesh Air Force, Bangladesh Biman Bahini, Order of Battle, Maps, Squadrons, Badges, Photo's, Air bases, Database etc etc

3. [ Bangladesh Air Force ]

All true, the hate for Pakistan is as high as was in 1971 in Bangladesh so it will be waste time to tell them to buy any thing from Pakistan. Their Army chief is going to India and can ask their friends for LCA :lol:.

It is not true that many people in BD hate Pakistan, although we have good reasons to do so, and instead, like India. It may be the opposite. The thing, as it stands, is JF-17's capabilities have not been proved in a battle.

When it is US or French new machines, the buyers trust them only because these countries have been manufacturing war planes for many decades and all their past experiences, that have been proved in battles, are incorporated into a newly designed jet.

In case of Pakistan, JF-17 is its first experiment. If this jet can prove its worth in a war, then, I think, the military generals from other countries will come forward to have a closer look at this machine.

By the way, I am not suggesting that Pakistan should start a new war against one of its neighbours to prove the capability of its JF-17.

It is not true that many people in BD hate Pakistan, although we have good reasons to do so, and instead, like India. It may be the opposite. The thing, as it stands, is JF-17's capabilities have not been proved in a battle.

When it is US or French new machines, the buyers trust them only because these countries have been manufacturing war planes for many decades and all their past experiences, that have been proved in battles, are incorporated into a newly designed jet.

In case of Pakistan, JF-17 is its first experiment. If this jet can prove its worth in a war, then, I think, the military generals from other countries will come forward to have a closer look at this machine.

By the way, I am not suggesting that Pakistan should start a new war against one of its neighbours to prove the capability of its JF-17.

Jf-17 can be trusted becoz its a joint venture with China, chinese have Experiance in making aircrafts.... So BD shouldnt find it difficult to Get an eye on that....

they want a Air force against Myanmar not India (read first)

JF17s are toys for MKI :rofl::rofl:

BD has very little offensive capabilities against either India or against Burma. BD needs weapons in case BD is attacked by one of these countries. If BD has a strong airforce, it will deter both its neighbours from dreaming of a quick win.

BD has very little offensive capabilities against either India or against Burma. BD needs weapons in case BD is attacked by one of these countries. If BD has a strong airforce, it will deter both its neighbours from dreaming of a quick win.

India will not attack bangladesh... why would we?? if we had intentions to Keep u or capture u, we would have done that way back in 1971.. Our forces Stepped out of your country as soon as Bangladesh was created...

So no point in seeing us as your enemy....

By the time JF17 proves its mettle will it be obsolete...? expect from next decade onwards 5th gen in the skies...

Back
Top Bottom