What's new

What about Greek F-16 jets to Pakistan?

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
What about Greek F-16 jets to Pakistan?

Continued budgetary pressures for Greek will probably lead to cost reduction measures. Reduction of Air Force size seems a high possibility, Greece will have to reduce the number of planes in order to reduce costs.

Greek F-16 Fleet

F-16C Block 30 - 28
F-16D Block 30 - 4
F-16C Block 50 - 31
F-16D Block 50 - 8
F-16C Block 52+ - 37
F-16D Block 52+ - 19
F-16C Block 52+ - 20
F-16D Block 52+ - 10

f16cg_054.jpg

i think,its time for pakistan to take each and every step carefully.
Either you guys have to flush out your entire f-16 fleet with
Some local or joint ventured alternative (jf-17) or obtain ToT with local production or just copy them and make at home.

Instead of Buying Old f-16 we should go for somthing like as per match of Su-30's.

Pakistan should help greece by buying there F-16 for about 20 million dollar for each piece... they should inturn replace it with JF-17... win-win situation

Well while the Greek F16 may be reasonable consideration

Pakistani Airforce has abundance of planes to consider for our next goal

a) J10
b) J11
c) Su-30

Not to mention our existing orders for 300 JF17 thunder , block 2 I might add

So there is no real urgency to aquire more F16 while they are wonderful planes in their own rightful place in time

I think for now we are really just considering the above mentioned planes due to our needs

I hope these Greek F-16's are ignored by PAF- we have much cheaper options available from China with no restrictions on spares--

I hope the current F-16 fleet we have is phased out gradually-

greeks are using f16 and m2k2 in completely different roles ---

why would greeks sell their relatively new blk of f16s anyway?? what would they replace them with , considering they are even in a worst economic crisis possible ???

greeks are using f16 and m2k2 in completely different roles ---
why would greeks sell their relatively new blk of f16s anyway?? what would they replace them with , considering they are even in a worst economic crisis possible ???
Because Greek not in a position to pay salaries to its air force personal. So how they are going to maintain a F-16 fleet.

Back
Top Bottom