What's new

We will fly Dhoni in a Su-30 MKI, announces IAF chief

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: The chief of Indian Air Force P V Naik today stated that he will seek special permission from the government so that India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar can experience a flight of Su-30MKI- the best fighter plane of IAF.

"Sachin Tendulkar is already our Honorary Group Captain. Once both Sachin and Dhoni are free from their cricketing engagements, I will ensure that they get to fly Su-30MKI. They have done our country proud and it will be an honour for us," Naik said on Monday.

ACM Naik informed that as of now there are no plans of awarding any honorary post to the Indian captain like Tendulkar.

Dhoni who was accompanied by his wife Sakshi was there at the Air Force chief's residence for over an hour as he interacted with senior officers.

The meeting with ACM Naik was organised by former Indian team manager Wing Commander M Baladitya.

ACM Naik presented Dhoni with a plaque on behalf of the Indian Air Force.

The skipper and his wife were at ease as they interacted and answered various cricketing queries.

When the wives of the senior officers congratulated the couple, Sakshi said,"You all supported the team. Congratulate yourselves."

Someone asked about his bald look, the skipper smiled and said,"I thought World Cup is over so let's just get it off."

Dhoni was seen asking ACM Naik, a veteran fighter pilot about his flying experience. "I used to fly MiG-21, MiG-23 during my days."

He patiently answered all the cricketing queries although it was evident that he would now like a few days away from cricket.

"IPL will be very hectic," he admitted.

We will fly Dhoni in a Su-30 MKI, announces IAF chief - The Times of India

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

IAF Chief Felicitates Cricket World Cup Winning Captain

dhoni%2Bchief-715354.JPG

IAF chief Air Chief Marshal PV Naik with Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni at Air House today.

We really need to stop following the "cricket religion".

Jesus - imagine clocking all those miles in commercial aircraft and then boarding one of IAF's famous flying coffins. I am glad he didn't offer the MiG - they would have bluntly refused.

Jesus - imagine clocking all those miles in commercial aircraft and then boarding one of IAF's famous flying coffins. I am glad he didn't offer the MiG - they would have bluntly refused.

Migs are 1 seaters anyway.

Flying coffins? Those are the single seat mig 21s. Have you heard of the Sukhoi 30-MKI? Read about it, you will learn something.

Thank god people like you are just flying paper planes else airforce ke baraha bajane mein koi kasar nahi chodte.. Now go n play with your paper plane kid :lol:

What a joke....whatever happened to professionalism? Leave cricket on the field, where it belongs not in the skies...

It's about brand image. A champion sportsman endorsing the IAF is a big image booster for the IAF. Such things will motivate youngsters to join IAF.

I guess that make sense...but do you think this is about Dhoni endowing IAF or IAF wanting to please him. Just asking, his image compelling enough to motivate youngsters...

I guess that make sense...but do you think this is about Dhoni endowing IAF or IAF wanting to please him. Just asking, his image compelling enough to motivate youngsters...

It's not about pleasing anybody, why would they do that? They even flew Shahid Kapoor a few days back. Now why would anybody try to please Shahid Kapoor?

It's not about pleasing anybody, why would they do that? They even flew Shahid Kapoor a few days back. Now why would anybody try to please Shahid Kapoor?

So it seems they have been doing this for sometime....whats the point then....obviously it is not effective as we think it is Not at all! We should have better marketing of out armed forces...look at the US....they never inject a personality to get folk to join on official military advertisements....instead they show how cool the military is ...cutting edge......travel.....etc. We need to develop a better model...seeing some Shahid or Dhoni doesn't mean squat to me and others...

So it seems they have been doing this for sometime....whats the point then....obviously it is not effective as we think it is Not at all! We should have better marketing of out armed forces...look at the US....they never inject a personality to get folk to join on official military advertisements....instead they show how cool the military is ...cutting edge......travel.....etc. We need to develop a better model...seeing some Shahid or Dhoni doesn't mean squat to me and others...

It might not mean much to you but it does mean a lot for many others. The reason is the same as that for coke pitting Aamir Khan or Hero Honda going for Hrithik Roshan etc.

It might not mean much to you but it does mean a lot for many others. The reason is the same as that for coke pitting Aamir Khan or Hero Honda going for Hrithik Roshan etc.

Like I said coke and our military are two very different things.. the results don;t show....it seems like the rich have access to such toys without having to go thru the vigor of the selection process...I know it happens everywhere but damn Shahid....he's like a B grade actor....The model that the military should be looking for is to show the military in its best light....obviously that may be a problem since of bloody past military leaders were crooks who shitfaced the military with useless junk and money to their pocket...

Back
Top Bottom