What's new

Voter Registration for Overseas Pakistanis

Perhaps we could ask each party to put something up here and allow us to discuss and vote together

No procedure is adopted yet, will update as soon as I get to know.

I think most the overseas Pakistanis should know about it. If NO, then get hold onto your NICOP card ASAP.

524400_406286016059289_208735462481013_1284274_618696720_n.jpg

This is a positive move towards the establishment of genuine democracy in Pakistan.

In case pakistani diaspora haven't register their NICOP with the nearest consulate or embassy, do it now to make difference....

NICOP

its the first step, but as soon as ECP gives procedure to register as voters to overseas Pakistanis we shall update this thread accordingly.

Long Live Pakistan... :pakistan:

NICOOP register with Embassy, that's ridiculous. They already have all of our records, why don't they use NADRA database for voting?

NICOOP register with Embassy, that's ridiculous. They already have all of our records, why don't they use NADRA database for voting?

Isn't NICOP also the part of Nadra Database? So whats a question here?

I am overseas Pakistani but I only have NICOP card from Nadra which allows me to travel to Pakistan without visa and possibly right of vote in the next general election. CNIC is issued to Pakistanis living inside Pakistan and Urdu language is printed on that card so that is unacceptable overseas. So NICOP is a better solution for overseas Pakistanis I think.

So you just need NICOP for now?

No that is just to know that you exist outside Pakistan...

no procedure for diaspora vote registration announced yet.... hoping that Fakkarudheen G Ibrahim will do it...

P.S. by adopting the procedure I mean that voting mechanism and will the diaspora voters be counted in general elections or will they be given separate representation in assembly...

Overseas nationals are not being allowed to vote from abroad this time. They will have to travel to Pakistan, register and vote there, apparently.

Overseas nationals are not being allowed to vote from abroad this time. They will have to travel to Pakistan, register and vote there, apparently.

apparently by news, the parliament may legislate any time and give voting rights to overseas Pakistanis.. the structure, procedure is yet to be known.

however, I think this require amendment in the constitution, so this will surely be accompanied with legalizing dual nationality for holding public office :D

apparently by news, the parliament may legislate any time and give voting rights to overseas Pakistanis.. the structure, procedure is yet to be known.

however, I think this require amendment in the constitution, so this will surely be accompanied with legalizing dual nationality for holding public office :D

I sure hope so!

from: Non-resident Pakistanis should be given right to vote: CJ | DAWN.COM

Non-resident Pakistanis should be given right to vote: CJ

ISLAMABAD: During the hearing of a case pertaining to voter lists, Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry remarked that non-resident Pakistanis should be given the right to vote, adding that, they sent significant remittances to the country, DawnNews reported.

The chief justice remarked that the court had been told that the procedure to enable non-resident Pakistanis to vote in the elections was encountering difficulties.

During the proceedings, senior lawyer Rashid A. Rizvi said that a significant portion of Karachi’s population had been denied the right to vote.

He further alleged that the affected voters had been drawn out of the city’s limits.

Upon which, the chief justice said that Rizvi should approach the election commission on the issue as the elections were approaching.

He remarked that if anyone had any complaint(s) pertaining to the electoral rolls, they should approach the concerned authorities for correction(s).

Subsequently, the case’s hearing was adjourned due to the absence of the counsels for the Jamaat-i-Islami and Imran Khan.

The hearing was adjourned to Nov 7.

Back
Top Bottom