What's new

Vidya Balan in love with Pakistani dramas

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IANS | Mumbai April 30, 2016 Last Updated at 17:56 IST

Actress Vidya Balan went gaga over Pakistani dramas saying the "writing, production values, make-up and performances" of the shows are just par excellence.

She also lauded the work of female actors and for adding "grace" with a "realistic" touch to their performances.

The "Paa" actress took to Twitter on Saturday to share her views.

She posted: "I am liking my new habit of watching Zindagi channel in the mornings after my night shoots...'Kankar' is ace. I am hooked to 'Kankar', 'Mere Harjai' and 'Ek Mohabbat Ke Baad'...The writing, production values, make-up and performances are just par excellence."

Vidya, busy with "TE3N" and "Kahaani 2", added: "So nice to see good quality television! I particularly like the female actors...so beautiful and graceful...and their portrayals are extremely realistic."

Zindagi channel is a Hindi channel which airs Pakistani dramas as well as serials from other countries in India.

-IANS

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ove-with-pakistani-dramas-116043000565_1.html

Good to know our drama are being appreciated by talented ones too :tup:

These dramas are causing Indian men to go gaga as well, with thousands asking over the internet how they can marry a Pakistani female (you're welcome brah, if you can handle her mamas, chachas, tayas, phuppas and hundreds of other cousins and relatives as well).

I as a Pakistani don't enjoy Pakistani drama's at all. There was a time when they used to cover diverse genres and story-lines, but now they are all about a girl and a guy with a lil twist here and there and mostly revolving around a goody-goody innocent girl. All thanks to the internet, not everyone has to torture themselves with this predictable love crap on Pakistani channels. :guns:Pakistani media

These dramas are causing Indian men to go gaga as well, with thousands asking over the internet how they can marry a Pakistani female (you're welcome brah, if you can handle her mamas, chachas, tayas, phuppas and hundreds of other cousins and relatives as well).
they cant, to begin with. Marring hindus is illegal in islam for female n male.

my mom too loves pakistani drama serials ( here parents were from dera gazi khan and dera ismiel khan and she always want to visit pakistan some day with me), they are really amazing and fortunately i watch them too sometimes onzee zindagi channel . i remember when these drama serials came to india invideo cassettes , barde mast aur sanjeda the wo tv serials . no match for pakistani tv drama serials :tup:

I as a Pakistani don't enjoy Pakistani drama's at all. There was a time when they used to cover diverse genres and story-lines, but now they are all about a girl and a guy with a lil twist here and there and mostly revolving around a goody-goody innocent girl. All thanks to the internet, not everyone has to torture themselves with this predictable love crap on Pakistani channels. :guns:Pakistani media
yes and no...you dont have to watch all of them...

Just like when you watch a movie...you dont watch the junk movies that are released too do you?

Watch those which show women empowerment, divorce rights, child marriages, man building himself from scratch, forced marriages, acid attack victim, men marrying for sons, men marrying 2nd wives for ego purposes and impact it has on the first and her families, accusing women without proof
- these are more than just love stories but based on possible daily lives and sufferings of people...if you only see the love stories in these drama then I suggest you broaden your thinking!

Indian dramas were as good before Ekta kapoor ruined them.
The comedy dramas are still ok

Chup raho(rape),Ye mera dewana pan hay(old woman young man story) were different

yes and no...you dont have to watch all of them...

Just like when you watch a movie...you dont watch the junk movies that are released too do you?

Watch those which show women empowerment, divorce rights, child marriages, man building himself from scratch, forced marriages, acid attack victim, men marrying for sons, men marrying 2nd wives for ego purposes and impact it has on the first and her families, accusing women without proof
- these are more than just love stories but based on possible daily lives and sufferings of people...if you only see the love stories in these drama then I suggest you broaden your thinking!
For me if i want a dose of 'social issues' i would read news paper or follow Pakistani news channels they have to offer plenty on this subject. Entertainment is entertainment shouldn't be confused with Reality Checks. All the points that you have raised exactly define what i already mentioned in my post 'a lil twist here and there'& 'innocent character' Actual story really does revolve around a guy and a girl. Funny thing is these dramas are far from reality, love is part of our lives but not they only thing that drives us in the real world. There is no action there, no thrill, no adventure, no motivational stories. Remeber Dhuwaan(police), ABC(army), Des Pardes(comedy & ghosts), Ainak wala jin ( Kids), Andhera Ujala(Crime) see the difference? Compare these to let's just say Pyare Afzal(Guy & a girl thing), Zindagi Gulzar hay (Guy & a girl thing), Hamsafar(Guy & a girl thing) and this boring list goes on.

The comedy dramas are still ok

Chup raho(rape),Ye mera dewana pan hay(old woman young man story) were different
Chup Raho (Guy and a girl thing with some insanely fictional innocent main character) Yeh mera dewana pan(Still guy and a girl thing with lil twist: age difference) More or less the main focus is always on one thing. I do like the song from yeh mera dewana pan.

Zindage Gulzar hai was my guilty pleasure. Still remember the craze that drama generated . The roads used to get empty whenever that drama went on air .

i think u r too young and haven't seen the PTV and STN drama's of 80's and 90's

Am 25 so I might not have seen the 80's ones but i got a taste of the late 90's early 2000's PTV drama's . I remember liking many of 90's PTV dramas . But i also think our dramas today are much more popular abroad than it was in 80's or 90's because of cable television and media in general . I Know a few Malaysian's who are fans of Fawad Khan and Imran Abbas.

Content wise I would say they are about equal since in recent history we had some awesome serials . But no doubt 80's ones were good too and much simpler .

I as a Pakistani don't enjoy Pakistani drama's at all.
Same here. I don't watch TV at all; but HUM TV dramas are way better. I just watched "kankar" 1 to 9 episodes on youtube last night after visiting this thread :sarcastic:. No commercial, no BS, fast forward the boring part. Some of these dramas got class and story. Remind me of Pakistan that I once left long time ago. ARY and GEO got total junk on it.

Same here. I don't watch TV at all; but HUM TV dramas are way better. I just watched "kankar" 1 to 9 episodes on youtube last night after visiting this thread :sarcastic:. No commercial, no BS, fast forward the boring part. Some of these dramas got class and story. Remind me of Pakistan that I once left long time ago. ARY and GEO got total junk on it.
I guess it all boils down to ones interests. After so many years i watched one drama on Hum Tv a year back. It was Woh Dubara, a horror drama, very different from the rest of the usual crap. Thing is the media in Pakistan doesn't know how to cater to viewers demands: Its either love stories for house wives & women or those monotonous talk/live/reality shows. Other than that Pakistani media has nothing to offer.

Back
Top Bottom