Status
Not open for further replies.

SRP

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Saurabh_Kalia_295.jpg

New Delhi: A video taken during a Pakistani army function reportedly shows a soldier sharing details of an encounter in which Captain Saurabh Kalia, and five of his platoon members, were killed in 1999 just before the Kargil war broke out. The video clip has been uploaded on YouTube.

Captain Kalia and other soldiers were captured by Pakistan and allegedly tortured brutally during the war that lasted from May to July in 1999. The 23-year-old from the 4 Jat Regiment was the first Indian Army officer to observe and report the large-scale intrusion by the Pakistani Army into the Indian side of the Line of Control in the Kargil sector of Jammu and Kashmir. He and the five others were captured on May 15, 1999 and were in captivity for more than 20 days.

When their bodies were handed over to India, the autopsy reports revealed extreme torture including cigarette burns, ear drums pierced with hot iron rods and amputated limbs.

"The Army has admitted to the encounter in mid-May 1999. All through these years, right from their ex-President Musharraf to any of their Generals, they have never admitted that this incident happened," said Captain Saurabh Kalia's father, NK Kalia.

NK Kalia had earlier said that though Pakistan's handling of his son violates the international convention on the treatment of prisoners of war, the Indian government has been apathetic in not raising the case with Pakistan.

Captain Kalia's father said that he had first approached the Indian Defence Ministry for help, which said his son's case had been referred to the Prime Minister's Office, which in turn said the matter was being studied by the External Affairs Ministry.

He wants the Indian government to raise the matter with the International Court of Justice. In December, the Supreme Court had asked the government to explain whether it will take the case of the Kargil martyr to the International Court of Justice at The Hague.

Video shows Pakistani soldier sharing details of Kargil martyr Captain Kalia's encounter | NDTV.com

Where is the video? The report says it has been uploaded on youtube but I am unable to find it. Can someone post the ink of the video which ndtv report is referring to.

Just torture the next Pakistani soldier we capture equally, That will send the message across that we are serious...
Two wrongs don't make it right, no??...Should not we be kicking our govt, for not doing anything about it?? If indeed this son of soil and his colleagues were tortured then Pakistan is in clear violation of geneva convention...There is an apt case to drag them into international court...but GOI lack of willingness to do anything about it raises eyebrows...no??

We should have the surrendered army of 93,000 that we captured in 1971... letting them go for practically nothing was still to this day the buggest mistake India made...

We broke their country into two parts...what else you wanted to achieve further?? You don't want to push from the point of no return...International community would have been at our throats had we pushed it further...1971 war was a very bold move on the part of IG(even though i hate her for 84 yet this is something that even i can't ignore) and one can trust her on this aspect for sure...had there been furthER room for pushing Pakistan we would certainly had done...

Two wrongs don't make it right, no??...Should not we be kicking our govt, for not doing anything about it?? If indeed this son of soil and his colleagues were tortured then Pakistan is in clear violation of geneva convention...There is an apt case to drag them into international court...but GOI lack of willingness to do anything about it raises eyebrows...no??

We broke their country into two parts...what else you wanted to achieve further?? You don't want to push from the point of no return...International community would have been at our throats had we pushed it further...1971 war was a very bold move on the part of IG(even though i hate her for 84 yet this is something that even i can't ignore) and one can trust her on this aspect for sure...had there been furthER room for pushing Pakistan we would certainly had done...

Dude India has always been a coward dog with no bite. W

Take your adopted country America for example, destroyed enemy powers like Germany that didnt tow their line in WW1 and WW2, nuked Japan, destroyed Russia, almost bankrupted iran, sent afghanist and iraq 50 years back in a time machine, practically f&ked over the Muslim world in general beyond a point of any return just because two towers went down oh and probably droning pakistan as we speak.... thats what I call ruthlessness to your enemy...

None of the pu$$y $hit we Indians and our leaders are made of, still going around with that stupid aman ka tamasha...

Americans in general probably dont even have 2% of the issues/hatred and sufferings from Pakistan that we do, yet they drone pakistan while we sit around like pu$$ies while $hit like this goes on

What I meant was it does not corroborate the authenticity of the torture allegations.

"The Army has admitted to the encounter in mid-May 1999. All through these years, right from their ex-President Musharraf to any of their Generals, they have never admitted that this incident happened," said Captain Saurabh Kalia's father, NK Kalia.

I guess this is the video referred in article. Not sure though ....................

First of all the video is very old it has been in utube since the site was started and these indians r woken today.:rofl:

In this video the soldier clearly says that they had attacked us in out territory to capture our post which had a stategic value n Lt Kalia n Co were Killed right at the spot.

This is exactly what Pakistan says but these low life desperate indians seem to find excuses to malign Pakistan.

LOL But again no one is going to buy this..

Last edited by a moderator:
Youtube shows that the video above had been updated in Dec 2012 whereas NDTV is reporting today. I think there's something missing. May be it's some other video, but that only NDTV knows as I don't see anything else.

First of all the video is very old it has been in utube since the site was started and these indians r woken today.:rofl:

That's what even I am saying, the video is very old. If this is the video which NDTV is referring not sure, why they are reporting after 7-8 months.

Habitual Indian cherry picking, the PA soldier clearly discloses that the Indian party after crossing the LOC, were challenged and asked to surrender, instead they tried to escape and thus were gunned down, the other Indian soldiers were asked to take their dead back which they declined and in due process, the bodies were formally handed over to the Indians. !!!
Knowing the tantrums Indians did put up when it came to handing over their downed pilot Kambampati Nachiketa, these people are capable of staging a drama out of any crisis.

Just torture the next Pakistani soldier we capture equally, That will send the message across that we are serious...

We should have the surrendered army of 93,000 that we captured in 1971... letting them go for practically nothing was still to this day the buggest mistake India made...

All Dreams never come true.....:omghaha:

Habitual Indian cherry picking, the PA soldier clearly discloses that the Indian party after crossing the LOC, were challenged and asked to surrender, instead they tried to escape and thus were gunned down, the other Indian soldiers were asked to take their dead back which they declined and in due process, the bodies were formally handed over to the Indians. !!!
Knowing the tantrums Indians did put up when it came to handing over their downed pilot Kambampati Nachiketa, these people are capable of staging a drama out of any crisis.
Tell us about this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom