What's new

Video - NDTV Report on C 130J

Was an excELLANT vid, haven't ad the chance to watch it all the way through yet but saw a good chunk of it- cool vid!! Great to see all the Garuds sporting Tavors.

Really wish these vids were in English, half of what is being said is completely lost on me. More informative and serious than Rocky and Mayur's attempt but not as well understood on my behalf and I really dislike the presenter.

+also NDTV need to start shooting in HD, the grainy vids used to be enough for me but when I see the quality (video wise) of vids others are making avalible online such as Nat Geo (US) it really annoys me. This vid in HD would be immense!

Was an excELLANT vid, haven't ad the chance to watch it all the way through yet but saw a good chunk of it- cool vid!! Great to see all the Garuds sporting Tavors.

Really wish these vids were in English, half of what is being said is completely lost on me. More informative and serious than Rocky and Mayur's attempt but not as well understood on my behalf and I really dislike the presenter.

Hindi or English the language don't matter, i rarely see Indian media having a report on defence of India (in any language for that matter :) ) + All Hindi presenters are same so can't help it :lol:

Appreciate NDTV's effort to letting the country's defence to somewhat come to mainstream :tup:

Hindi or English the language don't matter, i rarely see Indian media having a report on defence of India (in any language for that matter :) ) + All Hindi presenters are same so can't help it :lol:

Appreciate NDTV's effort to letting the country's defence to somewhat come to mainstream :tup:

Absolutely, NDTV has been doing some great work in this regagard. Times Now have done their small part but NDTV has by far done the most. All criticisms I have made are minor tweaks to be considered but on the whole the content is excellant and more than anyone else has ever done. Hopefully this is a trend that continues and others get in on the game as Indian armed forces have got to up there with the least reported on armed forces on earth and it is really disappointing.

Is it just me or is the broadcast a bit irregular? sometimes you get 2 in 2 weeks then you get another one 4-5 weeks later then God knows when. And there doesn't seem to be much publicity or hype around the programs they are just broadcast and that is it.

+ I also like how the focus is varied - not focusing on ine particlar unit or branch but spreading it out to so many different units such as SF, IAF fighter, IAF transport,IA AAC (ALH),Delhi police SWAT etc.

The last 3-4 minutes shows how the IAF cleans it planes..I guess some discussions were going in another thread,where someone wanted to know how is it done,of which you were also a part.

The last 3-4 minutes shows how the IAF cleans it planes..I guess some discussions were going in another thread where someone wanted to know is it done of which you were also a part.

Ruined the ending for me :cry::cry::cry::cry:

LOL!!

Am I seeing things or do I spot a Ford F350 at 7.40 (along with the cargo loader)? We have already seen US "golf cart" like vehicles in service at Hindon, seems LM really went all out and IAF went for the entire support package, even down to these type of ground vehicles!

Nice video.......watched this documentary yesterday on NDTV. The only thing i like about this channel is it's documentary's on Military forces and Jai Jawan! show on every 15th August with celebrities at border.

And yeah i hate that Accent of the presenter. He can't even pronounce properly c-130j super hercules.......He pronounce it as "C-130J super "Herculuss"..WTF!!

Ruined the ending for me :cry::cry::cry::cry:

LOL!!

Am I seeing things or do I spot a Ford F350 at 7.40 (along with the cargo loader)? We have already seen US "golf cart" like vehicles in service at Hindon, seems LM really went all out and IAF went for the entire support package, even down to these type of ground vehicles!

Ya i saw that too.

+ They should have removed the American flag from that machine.

Ya i saw that too.

+ They should have removed the American flag from that machine.

From the water injection pump? Mybe it is on lease so the IAF is not in a position to do so.From what I am hearing the IAF is having the "bird bath" system installed at Hindon so maybe the injection pump was only leased temporarily as a stop-gap measure?

"Bird bath" system:

bird_bath.jpg

C-130J's are brought for special operations, does that mean special operations in foreign countries also?? As Indian special operations in foreign land is a rarity like in Maldives & Sri Lanka way back in 1980s or is it that there are other special operations conducted by IAF about which people in India don't know???

C-130J's are brought for special operations, does that mean special operations in foreign countries also?? As Indian special operations in foreign land is a rarity like in Maldives & Sri Lanka way back in 1980s or is it that there are other special operations conducted by IAF about which people in India don't know???

Special operations means special operations. If a mission comes up in the future where Indian SOFs are required to be airlifted, it will be done using these dedicated machines. Also I have heard the Super Hercs are also designated as the rapid interdiction flight of the IAF which provides airlift support to the 51st and 50th (INDEPENDENT) PARACHUTE BRIGADE which has regular PARA (airborne) but also PARA (SF) elemants and is the "QRF" of the IA and India. These guys will be the first military unit responding if ever India needs rapid intervention or somthing.

+ it is not the military that decides where they deploy to, it is their civilian leadership. These guys will go wherever and whenever they are ordered whether it is domestically or a foreign land. Notice the pilots where keen to emphasis the long legs of the hercs and their "inter-Continental range!"

From the water injection pump? Mybe it is on lease so the IAF is not in a position to do so.From what I am hearing the IAF is having the "bird bath" system installed at Hindon so maybe the injection pump was only leased temporarily as a stop-gap measure?

"Bird bath" system:

bird_bath.jpg

Thats for Hindon only or other AFBs gonna have them too?

Special operations means special operations. If a mission comes up in the future where Indian SOFs are required to be airlifted, it will be done using these dedicated machines. Also I have heard the Super Hercs are also designated as the rapid interdiction flight of the IAF which provides airlift support to the 51st and 50th (INDEPENDENT) PARACHUTE BRIGADE which has regular PARA (airborne) but also PARA (SF) elemants and is the "QRF" of the IA and India. These guys will be the first military unit responding if ever India needs rapid intervention or somthing.

+ it is not the military that decides where they deploy to, it is their civilian leadership. These guys will go wherever and whenever they are ordered whether it is domestically or a foreign land. Notice the pilots where keen to emphasis the long legs of the hercs and their "inter-Continental range!"

and the Pilot said one line which you might have missed coz of the language..He was saying that they train and wait for that particular one day when they will have to put all their effort to get a mission done..He wa referring to SOF Mission...The squadron patch is very apt IMHO.

Thats for Hindon only or other AFBs gonna have them too?

To be honest I am unsure. But I am sure if the system works well at Hindon then it will be rolled out to other AFBs/INAS that operate larger a/c (for helos and fighters it is overkill). The system is relatively inexpensive and the IAF is pretty cash-rich so if they like it they can have it in as many AFBs as they like. Installation may coincide with the huge modernization project being undertaken to upgrade all IAF AFBs by 2015.

and the Pilot said one line which you might have missed coz of the language..He was saying that they train and wait for that particular one day when they will have to put all their effort to get a mission done..He wa referring to SOF Mission...The squadron patch is very apt IMHO.

I got the jist of what he was saying but thanks for clearing it up mate!

Back
Top Bottom