What's new

Vegetarians live longer, study says

Not into chicken man. Its a step above paneer for me. Desi murgi, like desi people, have too little meat on their bones. Yes they may be tastier, but not for a hard core meat eater who needs to bite into a mouthful of flesh. Versus daintily picking the meat off the bone.

Biting the bone and tasting the bone marrow is an acquired taste. :angel:.....And goat is not that bad too.

Not into chicken man. Its a step above paneer for me. Desi murgi, like desi people, have too little meat on their bones. Yes they may be tastier, but not for a hard core meat eater who needs to bite into a mouthful of flesh. Versus daintily picking the meat off the bone.

Biting the bone and tasting the bone marrow is an acquired taste. :angel:.....And goat is not that bad too.

Deshi murgi is best suited for Desi climate.:)

shweta-tiwari-hot-pic-721.jpg

I agree. But usually in chicken one bites and chew the ends where the juice is. In mutton, one sucks it out or uses a marrow spoon. My point was, there is no doubt that desi murgi (as well as the slightly browner desi ande) are tastier. Just that there is too little meat. Usually when we ride and stop over in villages in the Konkan, the villagers cook gowti chicken. Too much bone, too little meat. Give me a nice steroid packed dinosaur sized KFC type chicken leg anyday (that is IF I cannot have mutton or pork or beef or even fish). :)

, the villagers cook gowti chicken. Too much bone, too little meat. Give me a nice steroid packed dinosaur sized KFC type chicken leg anyday (that is IF I cannot have mutton or pork or beef or even fish). :)

While the former is a nutritious diet, the latter is just dalda fried death-in-cute-packets. Avoid it as much as possible.

I'd rather eat grass (and produce nuclear bombs) than eat that KFC stuff.

Hey have you guys tasted wild boar....?

While the former is a nutritious diet, the latter is just dalda fried death-in-cute-packets. Avoid it as much as possible.

I'd rather eat grass (and produce nuclear bombs) than eat that KFC stuff.

Hey have you guys tasted wild boar....?

I said "KFC type" not KFC. I'm cheap, and we Parsis make a much better and tastier version called murghi na farcha.

PB260030%2Bcopy.jpg

farchi_chicken.png

timthumb.php

recipe-homemade-chicken-farcha.jpg

Murghi-Na-Farcha-low-res-image-large.jpg

Now you've got me started on food man! :confused:

Lakh lanat on you..Its 4 in the morning here....:cry:

:confused::confused:

161012-vegetarian.jpg

If we were to have a health wishlist points like live longer, improve brain health, reduce risk of disease and control waist size would sure feature.
While they might sound idealistic, a new study might have found the answer, and it’s easier to incorporate into your current lifestyle than you’d think.

The Loma Linda University in California has tracked the health habits of thousands of Seventh-day Adventists. A religious denomination that promotes vegetarianism and discourage drinking, smoking and drug use. The Adventist Health Study 2, which is midway to completion, includes over 90,000 people from America and Canada, and presents findings which many believe is revolutionary to the way we diet and live.

The study found that those who were vegan and vegetarian had far better health stats than those who were not. Foods frequently consumed by vegetarians, such as fruit, vegetables, legumes and nuts, can reduce a person’s risk of getting many diseases, ranging from heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, and some cancer. The study even suggested brain health was boosted and body mass index (BMI) could be controlled by adopting this diet.

When it came to vegans, the study found they are, on average, 13kg lighter than their meat-eating counterparts. They were also five points lighter on the BMI chart. Vegetarians and vegans proved less insulin resistant than others, while semi-vegetarians (irregular meat eaters) have “intermediate protection” against lifestyle diseases. Interestingly, researchers found that lean people are more likely to eat plants, exercise regularly and avoid cigarettes than overweight people.

WTF? :sick:
nice thread spark ji well im a tradfitional hindu baniya from old delhi and we are traditionally pure vegetarians but as the saying gose in delhi ghosht ke daam baniya bamano ne baraye hai aur daru ke musalmano ne as punjabies eat lots of home made stuff but as its a taboo in bania and baman or brahman families we are strictly vegeans but in my teenage i got the taste of meat and ecept teusdays and navratras i was a very hard core non vegan but for last two years i had left non veg stuff compleatly and im lovin it have a better colestrolo level and a healthy body and have better sleep aswell dont know why

And its really easy growing chickens and packing them tightly in layers,

That's very inhumane and illegal in many countries, including Australia.

The chickens can barely move, their leg bones don't develop properly, and they spend their life in excruciating pain because their legs can't hold up their (fat) body.

The chickens can barely move, their leg bones don't develop properly, and they spend their life in excruciating pain because their legs can't hold up their (fat) body.

We are way ahead of the Western world in animals' rights.

Here our chickens' legs do not need to hold up the chickens.

white_chicks_06-11-6354.jpg

And we are pretty equal oppotunity with our humans too

1.jpg

train-croud.jpg

overloaded_train_on_bridge_india_delhi.jpg

Industralized meat production is always inhumane..right from breeding to slaughter...Kobe beef being the notable exception.

The solution to India's animal protein deficit lies not in goats or cows. They are way too expensive, take up a huge portion of real estate, and are hugely dependent on fodder, not to mention huge contributors to the greewnhouse effect due to release of methane from their herbivorus guts.

The solution lies in bioengineered fowl, chicken, and fish. We have a huge coastline. As well as inland waterways. And its really easy growing chickens and packing them tightly in layers, with affordable feed.

After the white and green revolutions, the next one should be to make us meat sufficient.

dude,u dont need all that.

In Bihar,i know what rickshaw pullers eat,they just have sathu.Thats more than enough.

Back
Top Bottom