What's new

Vacation in Lahore!

Last Hope

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am going for a 4 week vacation to lahore on Sunday.
So any places to visit?
(I live in lahore but dont know the places :lol: )

Lucky dude.

I am going to vacation to Pakistan as well and I am very excited as I have lived as an expat child all my life.

As for lahore, I heard Gawalmandi is a place you MUST visit. Enjoy the food :)

We will either be visiting Islamabad (which gives me opportunity to go to Azad Kashmir) or will be going to Karachi, and will try to visit Lahore via drivin...

What sort of activites do you like: historical places, shopping, the modern scene, eating...... Lahore has ample opportunities for each category.

If you extend your reach to areas around Lahore, even more possibilities open up.

What sort of activites do you like: historical places, shopping, the modern scene, eating...... Lahore has ample opportunities for each category.

If you extend your reach to areas around Lahore, even more possibilities open up.

Modern in Pakistan?
LOL i would never go to that area!
well, i like sciene and army, planning to go to UET Sciene museum, PAF museum.
I do also like some places where you can enjoy and relax your self like parks and all...

Modern in Pakistan?
LOL i would never go to that area!
well, i like sciene and army, planning to go to UET Sciene museum, PAF museum.
I do also like some places where you can enjoy and relax your self like parks and all...

Go to MTP (Model town park) if you are interested in teasing dates... :lol:

Don't forget to eat "gogey k channey" 4m model town, "phajjey k paaey", "gwaal mandee ki lassi", "liberty ka paratha roll" aur "ganney ka juicce" and a lot more food I myself do not know about...

You have 4 weeks so I mention quite a few places here. Visit as many as you can!

1) Wagah Border (naray lagana nahi bholna)
2) Minar-e-Pakistan (Top pe charna nahi bholna)
3) Badshahi Masjid (Namaz parhna nahi bholna)
4) Shahi Qila (Lahore Fort)
5) Shal-e-mar Bagh (Shalamar Garden)
6) Lahore Museum
7) Chirya Ghar (Lahore Zoo)
8) Maqbar-e-Jahangir (Jahangir's tomb)
9) Baradari
10) Anarkali
11) Al-Hamra (if you like watching stage shows)
12) Data Saab / Data Darbar (The shrine of famous Sufi saint Ali Hujwiri)
13) Urdu Bazar
14) Couple of shopping malls including Siddique Centre, Hafeez Centre, PACE etc
15) Food street in Gawalmandi and Old Anarkali
16) Qazzafi Stadium (Gaddafi Stadium)
17) If you have interest in Golf or want to see a huge park, go to "Dersingham Gold Club" (I personally loved it)
18) There are many attractions in Mall road so do visit it
19) If you are interested in visiting the posh areas as well, do visit Defence, Model Town, Bahria town etc
20) Couple of Churches, Mandir and Gurdwaras are worth visiting places too

These are few options coming in my mind....... oh haan wait - browse this link as well

Lahore travel guide - Wikitravel

Go to MTP (Model town park) if you are interested in teasing dates... :lol:

Don't forget to eat "gogey k channey" 4m model town, "phajjey k paaey", "gwaal mandee ki lassi", "liberty ka paratha roll" aur "ganney ka juicce" and a lot more food I myself do not know about...

To be honest, i am just a early teenager and i dont like this kinda things.
Our youth has been changing by following bollywood and star plus!
We have been changing our culture and are moving onto the modern age, in the indecency style. I am strcitly against it! (Although i am not a mullah or a proper muslim my self)

WikiTravel's always a very wonderful source: Lahore travel guide - Wikitravel
Coming to Lahore during the mid 2000's presented such a nice picture, everything seemed to be progressing nicely, the economy was booming, even the defence sector was in a much better shape.

With the situation like it is now, it's saddening to see all the roadblocks, security checks, rather high inflation and rampant corruption. We've had many corrupt governments in our history before, but this one breaks all previous records.

This intellectual fellow, Orya Maqbool Jan, was quoting figures on this tv show, on how historically any country the US got 'interested' in and had geo-political interests with, traditionally started topping corruption indexes like Transparency International. His thesis was that facilitating the take-over of power, of a very pliant ruling elite that would jump at the $$$ the US would throw towards it and do what the US interests dictated, helped them. Sometimes that process involves facilitating "NROs" in countries, so they can enable the return of corrupt rulers like our dear leader, who had to plead to be mentally unfit to avoid facing trials and such.

I guess I went off on a tangent. Expect to see some of this stuff though, the country is going through a bit of a painful phase these days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom