What's new

User trials of indigenous artillery gun today at Pokhran

I assume the Bofors taint is from the scandal, from what I know, Bofors has always made good guns.

The gun performed exceptionally well in Kargil and performed beyond expectations. The gun and post indigenous production got mired in corruption scandals. I hope OFB manufactures 1000 of these, after successful user trials of course.

And also 145 brand-new M777 howitzers we'll get soon to complement these indigenous
ones in IA service:chilli:

India is really on a weapon overdrive. First A5 test launch, then the first flight of Naval LCA, then
M777 deal and the PC-7A trainers deal are cleared for purchase, then this artilerry gun user trial, and by August this
year well have Nirbhay cruise missile launch...and who knows what else lies in between for us;)

And also 145 brand-new M777 howitzers we'll get soon to complement these indigenous
ones in IA service:chilli:

India is really on a weapon overdrive. First A5 test launch, then the first flight of Naval LCA, then
M777 deal and the PC-7A trainers deal are cleared for purchase, then this artilerry gun user trial, and by August this
year well have Nirbhay cruise missile launch...and who knows what else lies in between for us;)

you missed one..INS Vikramaditya..she will going to sea trail on 25th may..:)
it will be a big day for us..

so few people will shut up their mouths that we cant make a gun . First ICBM then gun ... WOW .

ToT doesnt mke it indigenous my dear watson....as for indian made assualt rifles....well thts another story:
2yydr1c.jpg

2lwm4xe.jpg

OMG... why do members here get hurt in their behinds when there is one positive indian news.... and If we post their incredible achievements, we will get an infraction....

I wont stoop to elite level poster,

I dont see the point of derailing the thread due sheer jealousy... lets move on and ignore

I wont stoop to elite level poster,

I dont see the point of derailing the thread due sheer jealousy... lets move on and ignore

I dont think it would be easy to ignore these hopeless fools;)

awsome great development now we can make this gun in huge numbers.

This time OFB must not be allowed to be the sole supplier... Baba Kalyani Group should also be given chance to develop their own Gun and if needed a comparative trials should be done..And Best gun should be inducted.. Encouraging Pvt. sector at this time will be in best interest of defence forces...

This time OFB must not be allowed to be the sole supplier... Baba Kalyani Group should also be given chance to develop their own Gun and if needed a comparative trials should be done..And Best gun should be inducted.. Encouraging Pvt. sector at this time will be in best interest of defence forces...

The defense market has opened up very recently and will take sometime to mature, all the corporate's are entering in JV's, they have limited scope with failure as their funds are limited, so they need to be absolutely sure of the success of their products.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/177114-global-defense-firms-keen-jvs.html

As soon as the trials are finished OFB or DRDO should start improving it and should have a defined road-map for newer technologies to be incorporated into the guns..

Back
Top Bottom