What's new

US vs China - A Proxy War in Pakistan?

What do you think about what Webster Tarpley has to say in the video?

• Agree

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Mostly Agree

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Mostly Disagree

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Disagree

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Aeon

Reaction score
With Afghanistan now officially US's longest war ever, and signs that there might be no real end to the troop deployment in near sight, things don't seem make too much sense. US has the best army and technology in the world, yet it is not able to fully gain control of a backward region it's being trying to subdue for about a decade. Was this war ever intended to finish? Or perhaps it is meant to be continued indefinitely for some ulterior motive? Here is an alternate perspective from Webster Tarpley.

Watch the video first please, then vote. It is only 3:49 minutes long, and is from channel RT (RussiaToday).

I am not going to take one side or the other, but am interested in what the consensus would be here on PDF.

Last edited by a moderator:
In principle he is right about the nature of the dollar empire. But it might not be true that Taliban issue was plotted to disrupt Chinese energy supplies from middle east. While troubles ar going on in Pakistan/Afghanistan China has gained path of energy through central asia and also settled pipelines to bring oil to China before reaching the malacca strait.

About nuclear weapons of Pakistan we don't know if US has any design to gain control on them.

In principle he is right about the nature of the dollar empire. But it might not be true that Taliban issue was plotted to disrupt Chinese energy supplies from middle east. While troubles ar going on in Pakistan/Afghanistan China has gained path of energy through central asia and also settled pipelines to bring oil to China before reaching the malacca strait.

Would China have formed the route Iran->Pakistan->China if the US wasn't waging a war in neighboring Afghanistan? Were these alternate routes you mentioned conceived prior to the Afghan war or were a result of it? Or they would have been developed anyway regardless?

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with that analysis---this serpeant has a thousand heads.
Bottomline is that it fell on pakistani generals to ases the threat on day one---they should have known what was coming---people like me could see the writing on the ---only the pak generals got blinded.

Only a fool or someone on someone's payroll could not see what the u s agenda was. The americans saw an opening---and made a beach head for landing troops out of it.

About nuclear weapons of Pakistan we don't know if US has any design to gain control on them.

another feather in the conspiracy theories:pop:

first of all tell me what chinese energy supply had to do with afgan and taliban,u can still have access to the cental asian markets through pakistan

Russia and China have dumped Iran. And it is absolutely clear that China will do the same with Pakistan.

China is not our friend. China will sell us the day US offers a good price so watch out.
China has got here pipeline from Russia so the Iran Pakistan pipeline is going no where.

Hi,

Nobody dumped iran expect for iran itself. Iran has been its worst enemy and Ahmedinijad on the top of its list.

Men of action act and do things silently---this guy bragged in front of the world all the time---Ahmedinijad is on parallel with Saddam Hussein---these two have caused tremednous damage to the belief. He has also caused tremendous damage to pakistani image and nuc program.

Why he just couldn't shut his mouth and keep doing what he was---and who's side is Ahmedinijad on----looks like on the side of israel---.

First generation converts are mostly zealots---they must never be given leadership roles at any cost.

He has also caused tremendous damage to pakistani image and nuc program.

Ahmedinijad caused damage to the Pakistani image? No that honour can only be given to Pakistanis and Pakistanis only

Ahmedinijad caused damage to the Pakistani image? No that honour can only be given to Pakistanis and Pakistanis only

Hi,

You cracked me up---what was I thinking when I wrote that line---:cheesy:

Indeed it is so true---but sometimes you get so tired of it---that you just want to dump it and blame on everybody else.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom