What's new

US to share laser-guiding bomb kits with Pakistan

MZUBAIR

Reaction score
Country
Australia
WASHINGTON: The US will deliver this month to Pakistan 1,000 sophisticated laser-guided bomb kits that would enable the government there to strike insurgent targets with more precision.

The arms sale suggests that US officials are trying to deepen their relationship with Pakistan and increase military cooperation.

The US has been trying to encourage Pakistan to take a tougher stand against Taliban forces operating within its borders.

Lt. Col. Jeffry Glenn, an Air Force spokesman, said on Tuesday that the US had delivered 1,000 MK-82 bombs to Pakistan last month.

This month's shipment of kits would enable Pakistan to use sophisticated laser technology to guide the bombs to specific targets.

Glenn said the US also plans to provide Pakistan 18 new F-16 fighter jets by June.—AP

Reference

Last edited:
Thats good. MK82 are unguided but the kits will make them guided.

20609b86a9a2bbed1c625380ba3eaa31.gif

Three threads are going on same topic..............And I think I was the first to start it............Merging action required from Mods.....

Three threads are going on same topic..............And I think I was the first to start it............Merging action required from Mods.....

May be we will have a vote. :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom