What's new

US to offer F-35 fighters to India

Whats surprising, the Navy is really very interested in F-35. They are seriously looking on it.

Kinetic..Why Should not they be??? This deal will provide the best plane to them in the region and there doesn't seem to be any challenger in sight for next 15 years....

PN is already a no match for IN...Now comes PLAN and tell me what they have to counter this plane??? Even if these planes come up with restrictions couple of squadrons will not hurt our economy and will give a killing punch to our NAVY...Moreover the way our economy and indegenous capabilities are growing sooner or later we will become sanctions free...Don't you think so???

A much better Radar. A better engine. And a glass cockpit. AIM-132 Advanced Short Range Air-to-Air Missile (ASRAAM) capability and i think they also have a better databus. So it is a significant upgrade over the 50/52 aircraft.

Edit-They also have a integrated laser targeting and FLIR so they do not require pods which means less weight and drag.

you stole words from my mouth, well said :)

Just think if F-35 wins the deal, India will operate.........

FGFA
PAK FA
AMCA
F-35 or (EFT/Rafale/ Sea Gripen)
EFT/F-18/Rafale
Naval Tejas
Mig-29K
Mirage-2005/9
Mig-29 upg
Tejas
SU-30MKI

Fighters from India, Russia, France, UK and USA! :chilli:

Diversity but a logistical nightmare as well.

FGFA
PAK FA
AMCA
EFT/F-18/Rafale
Naval Tejas
Mig-29K
Mirage-2005/9
Mig-29 upg
Tejas
SU-30MKI

Post reported for giving a heart ache.

Yes Naval EFT is a paperplane as of now but I think if EADS bag the deal they can give us the fighter in time. They have that capacity.

Of course EADS have the capacity, but where is the gain for us and who pays for development? The normal EF not even has a single A2G missile by now, so a naval EF needs complete new airframe redesigns and weapons too. Add that no other nation including the member countries are interested in such a version and that we would buy it in limited numbers only, will increase the costs possibly to twice of a Pak Fa!

As of now F-35 might be highly overpriced but when serial production starts its costs will be reduced drastically. I really don't think navy will put ToT/License production or customization isues regarding these new fighter. Also the number will be less, might be less than 40 as they are mainly for carrier operations.

That is what they hope, but according latest news, even member countries, that ordered 100 of them, are expected to pay around $150 million each. No consider how much only 40 x F35 Cs (the most expensive version!) will cost IN then?

Whats surprising, the Navy is really very interested in F-35. They are seriously looking on it. Cost, ToT or commonality are really issues!!! Lets see.

Yes, because it is the only 5. gen naval fighter that could be imported, but they are also interested in nearly all MMRCA naval versions right? I guess there is no doubt that a naval MMRCA fighter will be the best and cost-effective choice for IN, till they can field naval Pak Fa, or FGFA.

Kinetic..Why Should not they be??? This deal will provide the best plane to them in the region and there doesn't seem to be any challenger in sight for next 15 years....

PN is already a no match for IN...Now comes PLAN and tell me what they have to counter this plane??? Even if these planes come up with restrictions couple of squadrons will not hurt our economy and will give a killing punch to our NAVY...Moreover the way our economy and indegenous capabilities are growing sooner or later we will become sanctions free...Don't you think so???

You are rite.

We don't have a better option as of now to evaluate or buy. And by 2020 I don't think Russia/India will be able to operationalise naval PAK FA. So when we get three brand new carriers, we also need new generation fighter aircrafts for them. So yes, F-35 is the best choice.

If F-35 bound by restrictions I don't think US will go for it if India have to use them against China.

Here is the live fist report

Indian Navy Fighter RFI: Lockheed To Respond With Both F-35B & C

f-35b.jpg

Lockheed-Martin plans to respond to the Indian Navy's recent RFI for a new generation carrier-based figher with two parallel dockets on the STOVL F-35B and the carrier variant F-35C.

While it was initially thought that the F-35B would be the variant offered (since it appeared a logical replacement for India's Sea Harrier jump jets), Lockeed-Martin Biz Development (India) VP Orville Prins told me and a few other journalists today that Lockheed-Martin is conducting simulation and analysis studies to support the team's supposition that the F-35C -- built for a steam catapult launch off aircraft carriers -- is also capable of short take-offs from ski-jumps.

The simulation and analysis will take into account various stress and strain parameters. The RFI to Lockheed-Martin simply requested information on the F-35 as a potential future carrier-based asset for the Indian Navy, and did not specify a variant. While LM has provided the Navy with programme-level briefings it will shortly begin a round of technical briefings on both the F-35 variants it plans to offer.

Prins cannot ever resist a swipe at the Saab folks. Asked about the other potential contenders in the Indian Navy fighter competition, he scoffed, "The Sea Gripen? What are they talking about? That's a paper plane."

LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: Indian Navy Fighter RFI: Lockheed To Respond With Both F-35B & C

f-35_cockpit_dusk_with_virtual_hmd.jpg

would love to see these babies in indian colours

we should blindly buy this

FGFA
PAK FA
AMCA
EFT/F-18/Rafale
Naval Tejas
Mig-29K
Mirage-2005/9
Mig-29 upg
Tejas
SU-30MKI

Diversity is a must, but we already have a logistical nightmare that we have to reduce. So why not LCA, Rafale, MKI and Pak Fa / FGFA for IAF, as well as N-LCA (if needed), Mig 29K, naval Rafale and naval Pak Fa / FGFA for INs future too?

Diversity in techs, weapons and for roles, maximum commonality to reduce costs and ease logistics, as well as totally sanction prove!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom